I stayed here in late August 2004. I picked this hotel as I was having eye surgery right next door and did not want to drive. Thus, location was more important than anything.
I'm a pretty frequent business traveller; about 100 nights a year in hotels. On an average trip I'm not very picky about hotels; I use these items to judge the quality/"performance" of the hotel experience against the price:
1) Quiet room; Rodeway gets an A here; however, hotel was empty. Gut feeling is that if anyone had been above or around me, they'd get a C- or D.
2) Ability to control the room temperature. Rodeway gets a B- here; I was able to control temp, but it was a challenge. Long cycle times on heater and A/C unit; took forever to cool.
3) Comfortable bed; Ha ha; I was glad I was able to sleep; D-; crummy.
4) Working space for laptop with reasonable access to phone, power, and Internet connection. Rodeway gets a C on this one. Desk was OK and addition of a soft chair in room was nice.
See? I told you I'm easy. :-)
Much further down the list in my performance considerations:
5) Competency and friendliness of staff; they make minimum wage; what would you expect? D
6) Speed of check-in and check-out; very speedy; A
7) Quality of food/beer either in hotel or nearby; Only place anywhere close is Maggie May's right next door. I did dinner there (prime rib) and breakfast (omelet). Dinner get's A on price (man, $10!) but D on quality. Breakfast gets an A on both fronts ($7.5; great food). I did not try Rodeway's free breakfast
8) Lack of "stupid charges" like in room safe, extra fee for phone calls over 20 mins, etc. A; did not find any such charges.
With all of those performance criteria in mind, I measure price. I paid $42/night -- the special rate given to eye surgery patients.
Overall this place was really a dump. I've stayed in many Motel 6's or Super 8's that were much cleaner and better maintained. As with other reviewers, my room had broken items (bath tile, paint, TV remote control. etc) and everything felt very dirty.
Bottom line: Run away if you can.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Knights Inn Colorado Springs Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs