“Not that good of a hotel.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Colorado Springs Central

Days Inn Colorado Springs Central
Ranked #92 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

The room we stayed in was a decent size which I appreciated. It had a nice bed. Everything in the room (toilet, shower, microwave, tv, fridge) was functional. The staff was helpful and friendly. I disliked the fact that it was pet friendly but had no grass for me to take my dogs to. Also, there were mice in the breakfast area.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
daysinnco, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs Central, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Please accept my sincere apology regarding your recent stay at Days inn. What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold. Yes , we are pet friendly and there is a field on on side of our hotel where guests can walk their pets. The mouse in the lobby area has not been seen. We have reviewed our procedures and made appropriate changes to prevent this from occurring in the future. We look forward to having you as a guest at our hotel in the future. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact me personally for your next reservation at our hotel.
Sanjay Patel
Manager
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I needed a place to stay in walking distance of the Hot Air Balloon Festival.
I read my fellow reviewer's comments and figured sometimes peolple are just too picky and expect a 5 star stay everywhere they go. I prepaid for the room online. When I pulled into the parking lot I could tell right away that this was going to be bad. I figured it's only one night. Seeing some of the people hanging around the parking lot and outside their room doors, I just hoped my car would still be there in the morning.
I opend my room door and realized the reviews were right.
The room was dark and had a funky smell. The carpet was old and wavey and I knew I didn't want to walk barefoot on it. The shower/tub had been painted over at one time and the paint was peeling off. The bathroom floors were old and when I closed the door I could tell that it hadn't been cleaned behind the door for a while.I wondered when the last time the bedspread had been washed. It was too late in the night to start looking for another hotel, so I left my shoes on while wlaking around the room and removed the bedspread from my bed. The sheets were clean to my surprise. Went to bed, woke up in the morning, showered and got the hell out of there!! I have traveled to Central America for over 15 years and Colombia and stay in some questionable places, but where I go, it's expected sometimes. This was in the US!!!!
I emailed Wyndham corperate office and told them they needed someone to go out and inspect this place and remove it from their chain of hotels or tear the place down.
It was nasty!!!!!!!!!!
Do not even think about staying here!!!!!!!!!
On a positve note, the Hot AIr Ballon Festival is the second best I''ve been to, next to New Mexico's event.
Once again, read all the reviews and if you decide to stay there, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank MBMVWA
Please accept my sincere apology regarding your stay at our hotel. What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold. We have reviewed all of your comments and made changes to prevent this from occurring again.

We look forward to having you as a guest with our hotel again and once more I apologize for your inconvenience. If you can contact me personally for your next reservation, I will offer you a 10% discount off of the regular rack rate.

With appreciation,

Sanjay Patel
Manager
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We knew what we were getting. Cheap, and we didn't expect a nice place. If you are spending all your time out and about and just need a place to sleep and shower, then this is the place for you. I was here with fellow firefighters for the memorial. If I brought my wife here she would move on to a more classy retreat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends