2,640 results
All reviews omelet executive tower falcon bar indoor pool breakfast buffet bar and grill jacuzzi suite waffles french toast hot tub beautiful lobby lobby area biscuits and gravy no elevator an older hotel definitely stay here again upon check
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our room was clean and comfortable and the free breakfasts excellent as was the dinner we had at the hotel. We were disappointed that we paid extra for a mountain view but it was partly obstructed by other hotels behind the Academy Hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the mountains are quietest
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off, nice hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff. Only gave 4 stars (and could have been 5) because of the "event" they had the day we arrived. Apparently a local radio station was having a restaurant tasting (multiple restaurants, buffet style, $10 per person) that evening. It was widely popular, but left NO parking for paying guests! Let's see $10 per person, but I paid $100 for a room, but couldn't find parking.....thanks. Management needs to look at priorities, guests or events. Right now it looks like events.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Clean, semi friendly service. Easy access to I25. Big indoor pool for the kids. A great breakfast spread....best I've had for this price range hotel. I had a room "with a view of the mountains" only not really. You'd have to stretch your neck to see a view and the windows were very dirty...all other parts of this hotel was very well kept.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Ilse1959
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently spent 11 days at the Academy Hotel. We had a military reunion here and I stayed a few extra days to vacation in beautiful Colorado Springs. The hotel is quite adequate, but what really impressed me was the staff, from Cory at the front desk to Orlando and his wonderful omelets. And I can’t forget Mike, my morning waitress in the Falcon Grill. Each of them had a warm smile and greeting every day. Patricia, who took care of the room, saw to every detail from cleanliness to ice in the bucket every evening. Lisa, the event coordinator, took care of any needs our military group had. The management should be proud of their staff and I would hope they would pass these positive comments on to them.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank 87arthurb
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was essentially an above average hotel as the amenities were better than you’d expect. Nice courtyard and fireside areas. I would have given 4 stars except that the rooms were very dark and poorly lit. The same for the hallways. The beds were also too soft and felt like some sort of memory foam which made them hot. Given that, I would say it’s a decent hotel for a short stay.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family