Check-in: The guy in the front was very friendly and courteous; he was helpful for just about everything. Deserves to win "Most Respectful/Respectable 2014" award, hands down.
Room: A lot of points deserve to be docked in this department. Our room had a giant cover on the window, which can be manually moved to the side, but still gave the sense of shadiness and uncleanliness. Speaking of uncleanliness, one of the bins had a used diaper, but thankfully management took care of it well.
Amenities: There's a swimming pool (trust me, you won't miss it when you walk in to check-in) and a few more places, but all we really used that night was wifi and the TV, both functional.
Breakfast: If I list all the food there, it would probably crash the site. All I will say is that the omelettes are to die for, along with most of the food offered there.
Notes: A lot of points were to be docked room-wise, but the breakfast recovered most of the points. Good food at the start of a morning can really turn a frown upside down! In the end, this isn't exactly hotel quality, but definitely worth to check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs! Our Family owned and operated full service hotel is nestled around the Colorado Rocky Mountains with glorious views of Pike's Peak and is conveniently located off I-25 near the U.S. Air Force Academy. The Academy Hotel consistently offers unbeatable value, amazing amenities and exceptional service. Lodging at our hotel provides leisure and business travelers with a wide variety of famous Colorado Springs attractions such as the historic Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of The Gods, Cave of The Winds, Royal Gorge, the Cog Rail Way and more! Guests marvel about The Academy Hotel's luxurious atrium filled with majestic fountains and lush greenery, a warm and inviting fireside lounge, indoor pool, sun deck with hot tub, fitness center, business center, children's arcade and onsite dining at the Falcon's Bar & Grill - with delicious American Cuisine daily specials and happy hour from 3:00 p.M.-6:00 P.M. Late arrivals enjoy the new 24 Hour Convenient Store located by the front desk. Wake each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast with waffle and made to order omelet bar! Other free amenities include: high speed Internet, HBO(R) movies, business center services, parking and unlimited local calls.Nine conference, banquet and meeting rooms accommodate 350 people -making The Academy Hotel the ideal location for weddings, reunions, social events, holiday buffets and corporate conferences. Tower rooms have been updated with a warm blend of natural earth tone decor, 50" flat screen TVs,Gel Memory Foam Mattresses, traditional quality furnishings, microwave, mini fridge and upper floors are served by Elevator. All rooms feature comfortable beds with luxurious triple sheeted linens,mini fridge & Microwave.Whether your stay is for business, pleasure or special event, the attentive staff at The Academy Hotel will ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable! Family Owned and Operated for over 30 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Best Western
- Academy Hotel Colorado Springs