“Refreshing”

The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed overnight as a mini getaway with our kids. They swam in the pool which was nice, had a good sleep and the breakfast buffet was great. I would definitely stay again in the future. Great staff and overall great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs

Reviewed April 24, 2014

When checking in make sure you ask for a room that does overlooked the lobby atrium area. The room was dark and there was no natural light. You also get the noise from the bar, restaurant and pool. Also the first room they placed me was already in use. When I walked in all lights were on in the room, and smelled of cigarettes. However, the new room was clean and did not smell. It was quite comfortable and served the purpose.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the atrium
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tammy N
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We came here for my son's wedding. The rooms were nicely clean, except the tub drained slowly, but it was very clean. The beds were nice and soft and the rooms were very quiet. They had there reception there at the hotel and it was put together very nicely with wonderful food and service. The one thing I did notice those was some of the staff was not so friendly. I work in customer service and it can be a not so nice job at times, but you need to smile and be nice to everyone at all times. I will be coming back here to stay though I love the layout and the great rates for all the services you have :).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I work at a hotel. I know the parameters of quality customer service. Our management really cracks down on us for that. And I am hoping that management here does too. The restaurant attendants seemed unfamiliar with their own restaurant. My niece & I went downstairs for nachos & asked if we could have some toppings on the side instead of on the nachos. It's not rocket science. The young lady behind the counter looked towards her coworker for answers & conveyed a lot of uncertainty about my request. Not very professional. I do not recall her name but it was a blonde with a ponytail. She wasn't happy. She seemed like we were burdening her more than anything. At dinner, the restaurant attendants made it seem like it was a sit down service. Yet we had to grab our own creamers for our teas which is fine but don't give us misleading information. Before my family & I had left the hotel, I walked over to the restaurant counter to request a to go cup. There were three other hotel workers at the counter. They looked like housekeepers. I said "excuse me" & the housekeepers looked at me & then away to continue their conversation. I was trying to get the attendant who was behind the counter's attention. I didn't think she heard me so I said "excuse me" again. She seemed to be preoccupied with whatever she was doing at the register & darted at me then rudely said, "Just a second." I was in shock.

The housekeepers were rude, clueless & sloppy with their work. The desk attendants rarely ever acknowledged those who were giving them business. On my property, we exercise the 15-5 rule. At 15 feet, we acknowledge the guest. At 5 feet, we verbally greet them.

The only plus was the lobby set up. It was nice & cozy. The orange & lemon infused waters were a nice touch. The fireplace was very nice at night. It was very relaxing.

The actual room we were in was old looking, weird smelling & worn down. Not too impressed. At check out, I took a card to email management about the poor staff service. This is unacceptable.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MinaPants
Reviewed April 21, 2014

One of the last family owned hotels that provide great service and great rates. Stayed for four nights in April 2014 while on business in Colorado Springs. Checked in very late, the night clerk was very helpful and friendly and answered all my questions.

Breakfasts were excellent! - the made to order omelets, french toast, sausage, etc. make the "others" continental breakfasts look cheap and inadequate.

The front desk and housekeeping staff made my stay pleasant and addressed any issues with my room immediately. Lobby was super comfortable - gas fireplace is a nice touch.

It's a pleasure to find a family run business that obviously cares about it's guests.

Well done! We will make it a point to stay here again.

Wish there were more places like this....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our stay at the Academy Hotel in Colorado Springs was very pleasant. The black out blinds were great. The noise level from the other rooms was well insulated. The breakfast that was provided each morning was a pleasant bonus I was unaware of and was very delicious with many choices, including a chef who cooked omelets to order. The location was great; close to stores and restaurants as well as several of the outdoor activities around the Colorado Springs area. The price was very reasonable especially for the additional breakfast offered in the morning. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel needs some updating, there is some work that needs to be done on the entrance, and the rooms are dated. That said, the rooms are clean, the staff friendly, and the hotel provides an excellent breakfast. Hard to beat the value and if you are visiting the Air Force Academy, the location is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo