The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Econo Lodge North Academy(Colorado Springs)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
2,415 results
All reviewsomeletexecutive towerfalcon barindoor poolbreakfast buffetbar and grilljacuzzi suitewafflesfrench toasthot tubbeautiful lobbylobby areabreakfast was amazingbiscuits and gravyno elevatoran older hoteldefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Academy Hotel is my go to place when I have to be in Colorado Springs for my son's hockey tournaments. The room is always clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast is the best anywhere!!! The pool gives us a place to unwind after hockey games!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I don't write a lot of reviews, but I really want this hotel to do well. I travel for work to many cities in the US, and this is the absolute best hotel I have run across for the money. I have traveled to over 25 countries in the world, spending months abroad, and yes, this is the top of the heap IMO. I work in Co Springs frequently, and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. I am from CO originally, BTW.

They have every amenity that matters (to me anyway). The kicker is the free daily pass to a local LA fitness, in case their own fitness room is not sufficient. I know this is not important to a lot of people, but it is to me and is rare. Their (free) daily breakfast buffet is also outstanding. Rooms immaculate and comfortable. Big indoor pool, hot tub, friendly staff. Fast and reliable wireless internet. I don't know how they can keep their rates so low.

If this hotel does not exceed your expectations, I don't know what hotel could.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've stayed in are equally good. Executive tower is least expensive. View of Pike's Peak on south side, top floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The atmosphere of the hotel was very nice. We really enjoyed the restaurant, lounge, and breakfast. However, comfort of the beds was horrible. We had a king family suite, and the pull out mattress was so bowed in the middle, my daughter and 2yr old grandson had the worst nights sleep ever. They felt springs poking through the entire night. As for the king size mattress, it was so flat that I could feel my husbands movement all night long as well as he feeling my movements too. Mattress was definitely not a pillow top mattress. Aside from the comfort of the beds, we may consider staying again in maybe another suite or room.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is not a five-star hotel, but within the limits of what it tries to be, it really is an excellent place to stay. The rooms are a good size where my family of four did not feel at all cramped, even with a rollaway bed, and the beds are comfortable enough. The hotel creates a nice atmosphere overall, and the pool was a plus for my kids. The breakfasts are really top-notch, too, with a good selection and good quality food. Finally, the staff are really friendly and helpful. We had some lovely chats with people working through the breakfast room, and when I noted a minor problem with the room I was in (a drawer off its runners) the problem was fixed by the time I came back from an afternoon outing. I will definitely be staying there again when I return to the Colorado Springs area.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here for my husbands birthday. What a wonderful experience! We stayed in the jacuzzi suite.... it was absolutely worth it!!! When we checked in they had a special happy birthday bag for my husband which was sweet! All of the staff were friendly and helpful!! Food was great! We will definately be back again and recommend it to all!

• Stayed: April 2014