“Great breakfast buffet!”

The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was happy that my husband booked this hotel! Location is very easy to get to and the price was right. The lobby area is peaceful, with natural stone fountains, secluded seating areas and beautiful photos of Colorado. While we did not bring suits, the indoor pool looked like a lot of fun. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and a great staff make this hotel an easy one to recommend. I was suprised at the "included" breakfast...not your usual continental breakfast. Patrick at the omelette station was such a nice guy.My husband and I enjoyed ordering the omelette with just our favorites in it. Make your own waffles, french toast with strawberry or apple toppping and whipped cream was my daughters choice. My son went for the scrambled eggs, ham, bacon and potatoes. It was a great way to start off our day.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for rooms close together, the registration staff are very accomodating!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,371)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

After reading the reviews for many hotels in the area, I decided on this one. I was looking for something not too expensive and with an indoor pool. Highlights included easy to find location with lots of parking, friendly staff, a beautiful lobby/lounge area, a great breakfast buffet, nice/clean room with comfy beds, a fun indoor pool, a fun ping/pong game area, and a dinner option w/out leaving the hotel (used the $10 voucher, the food and service were great). All in all, the Academy exceeded my expectations! Our family of 4 had a great time and we will definitely return!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is not the best hotel I have stayed in but it certainly isn't the worst. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff were helpful and friendly, especially the chef at the egg station at breakfast - I didn't get his name unfortunately but it was nice to see a smiling face first thing in the morning! Our room was just around the corner from the main lobby/restaurant area and I was worried that we may be disturbed by noise but my worries were unfounded. The hotel could do with a bit of refurbishment but, all in all, an OK hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our daughter goes to college in Colorado Springs and we always book directly and stay at this hotel when we visit. Just can't beat the price, location, large swimming pool or the fabulous complimentary breakfast. We love Patrick's omelets every morning and the $10 vouchers for the restaurant & bar. The rooms are clean & spacious and have black out shades. We've stayed other places but the Academy Hotel is the best.

1  Thank Westcolotraveler
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is not super updated, but the linens are clean, wifi is reliable, and lounge area is nice. Great complimentary breakfast and wonderful restaurant staff. We didn't do dinner in the restaurant, but instead used our $10 dinner vouchers (you get these if you book directly through the hotel) on drinks and snacks. Hotel staff were prompt, courteous, and welcoming. Bonus: we had an awesome view of the mountains from our first floor room. Only negatives were the slightly dated bathroom and television. Some of the room items were dated (like the 1980s alarm clock), but they seemed to match the rugged Colorado surroundings, and felt comfortable rather than awkward. Overall, we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Both rooms we saw were quite nice, but book directly through the hotel to get extras.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Excellent 3 star hotel. Staff very friendly and accommodating. One of the best breakfast buffets we have had for this level of hotel. Rooms were large and clean. Bed was comfortable. Microwave and fridge in room clean and in good working order. We will definately stay again on our next visit.

Room Tip: If you book directly you get a $10 voucher for the restaurant bar for each night you stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is located in a corner of I-25 and N. Academy. This is at the very north end of town which was a little out-of-the-way for where I needed to be, but easily accessible. I showed up at 6:30 p.m. on a Thursday night without reservations. They were able to accommodate me and my 8 pound, 4-legged travelling companion (a toy poodle) for 4 nights at a price that was really reasonable. The room was clean and comfortable. While I like a harder bed, it was comfortable enough to give me a decent night's sleep. Rather than a bedspread, it was covered with a duvet that gets changed with every linen change. There was a small refrigerator, coffee pot, iron & ironing board, hair dryer and a TV that worked in the room. When the remote quit, I took it to the front desk and they politely fixed it. The hotel promotes eco-friendly practices such as recycling and not changing the linens everyday. They provide soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. in dispensers instead of the little bottles and packages of soaps. They also have free Wi-Fi. The AC/Heating unit was quiet and easy to adjust. If you book your room directly with them instead of going through something like hotels.com, they will give you a $10 off dinner voucher for each night you stay to be used at the Falcon's Bar & Grill located inside the hotel. One night, dinner cost me $0.74. Such a deal! The lobby is very nicely filled with plants, fountains, a fire-side lounge area, a patio outside the Falcon's Bar & Grill, and a small pool area. The pool is hidden behind a fence and plants. You get a breakfast voucher for each night you stay. Breakfast was quite a treat. Besides the usual cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, donuts, milk, juice, coffee, tea, and make-your-own-waffles; there were make-your-own breakfast burrito fixings, sausage & gravy, French toast, fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, and made-to-order omelets. That is a good deal, too! I was really amazed at how quiet the hotel was. My room was 3 doors down from the lobby. I did not hear people walking down the hall. I did not hear the Mariachi band that played in the lobby on Saturday night. I did not hear people swimming in the pool. I did not hear the dinner crowd at the bar & grill nor the large party going on in the lobby. There is room for improvement, but I was totally pleased.

Room Tip: Ask to inspect the room before you agree to it. This is common practice in Europe.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo