“Reasonable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Reasonable”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel was clean, the foyer area is big and spacious and had a nice atmosphere. The only issue being that since the pool is indoors there, the noise and chlorine smell can be overwhelming at times. We had great and friendly service at all times. The breakfast had pretty good variety and the omelettes were fantastic. The restaurant was reasonable and the $10 voucher we were given to use there was much appreciated. Our room was on the 2nd floor in the executive tower section and was clean and comfortable. Overall we had a pleasant stay and our kids had a blast playing in the pool and playing free wii games in the foyer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It looked nice online but I wish I had a smelloputer because the moment we walked in the room it smelled like armpit sweat, gym socks and mildew but I didn't leave because I was so exhausted from airport layovers and driving in circles from a gps that didn't work in the rental car. When I went to lay down in the bed there were unidentifiable stains on top sheet so I slept on top of the blanket. We were also at the end of a hall by an exit to parking so we could here all the coming and goings of people. I had to leave early the next day for family business. When I got back late and tired I was so disappointed to find the sheets had not even been changed so I slept on the other bed. To add insult to injury, when I was checking out, the front desk person Jesse had time to tell me I was checking out wrong but when I tried to tell him about the sheets he said he would take note but cut me off and said he was 3 min late for a wake up call. I looked at the clock and it was 6:31 am. He didn't even give me time to tell him about the smell let alone get an apology so I left even more disappointed than when I arrived. After leaving, I realized that I needed directions to the airport so, I called back to the hotel, Jesse answered. He started to say that he didn't know but then said let me check my map. I was extremely disappointed with the overall carelessness of the running of this hotel from the moment I arrived to the I could care less attitude from beginning to end. I have worked in a hotel and I have worked in customer service and this in not what I expected for over 100. per night for and I feel ripped. The best I can say is the food in breakfast buffet and restaurant is varied and plentiful although when asked for my breakfast ticket I had to listen to a lecture on food supply and accounting procedures from the waiter. However, both the omelet station chefs were extremely courteous and helpful. The business center is hidden and small, but when found was helpful. I am returning to this area in the future but would you go back to this hotel?

Room Tip: Do not get a room at the end of a hallway with an exit to the hotel if you would like to have peace...
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Well-kept hotel. Best breakfast ever. All staff friendly and helpful. Great lounge area, lots of seating, cozy fireplace for cool evenings. Warm indoor pool. Quick and easy access to I-25. Lots of sites to see/visit for day trips. Indoor bar/grill as well as nearby restaurants/eating establishments, stores such as Wal-mart.

Green Features: First hotel I've seen that provides in-room green basket.
Broadview Heights, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel has clean rooms, first rate service and good food. The friendly staff (especially Allen and Patrick) always remember your needs for their great hot breakfast buffet. We were treated like family and will always stay there on our Springs vacations.

Room Tip: The rooms in the "T" building are quieter and away from the business of the main building.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Independence, Missouri, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The breakfast was awesome. We didn't particularly care for the pool be inside the lobby area. The hot tub was outside it wasn't a hot tub, it was like luke warm water. The pool was very cool either and it was warmer than the hot tub. Overall we liked the location and our rooms, we did feel they could have been cleaner. If your looking for a hotel but a pool or hot tub isn't high on your priority list this hotel is great stay.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed two nights at Academy Hotel. Asked for a Tower Room and they were able to accomodate. Nice views of Mountains and Air Force Academy planes from the room. Didn't spend too much time in the hotel, as we were sight seeing most of the time. But it was clean, well-equipped, and the staff was friendly and polite. The breakfast buffet was nice. The omlette bar was good and the chef was very friendly. Appreciated the fresh fruit available. We arrived quite a bit earlier than the normal check-in time and they allowed us to check in early, which we appreciated very much.

Room Tip: Ask for a Tower room if you want a view of the mountains.
Green Features: Liked their friendly notes about re-using towels to save energy, if we wished. They suggested it, but didn't demand it.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a pretty good place to stay, with easy access to many places in Colorado Springs. We enjoyed watching the cadets from the Air Force Academy hang gliding and parachuting one morning. You could watch the activity from the parking lot.

Facilities were nice. The hotel is older, but it isn't worn. The Tower Rooms were large. Having a refrigerator was useful. Maid service could have been better. They came later in the day, so if you wanted to rest in the afternoon, you may be interrupted. Our stay was for four nights. They did not vacuum the room during our stay. Generally, they changed linens and towels, but not much else.

You get the breakfast buffet; however, I don't think the quality of the buffet was that good. The homemade omelets tasted funny to both my wife and I. The best items were the waffles and fried eggs. Would like to see more fruit varieties and individual yogurt servings. A single yogurt flavor was in a large bowl each day. If you didn't like the flavor, you had no other choices. They had apples, bananas, and oranges. Only other fruit offered was a canned fruit salad.

Room Tip: Reserve your choice early
Green Features: Very conscientious about saving water by asking customer to reuse towels if desired.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple