“Best Service ever!”

The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We checked in with Caleb at the front desk. He was went the extra mile for us and got us our room early. Check in was smooth and he got us the coupon vouchers for food. We were traveling from arizona and had a vehicle breakdown and he was patient with us. Thank you Caleb.
During our stay the Alan at the bar was great with information about the hotel and gave us the ins and outs of staying there. Kristen and Colin the mother and son team took great care of us and our granddaughter Aniya. All the wait staff and cooks were great our whole stay. The Pizza, French Dips, appetizers and the Prime Rib were outstanding. The daily breakfast buffet was the best. This hotel knows what customer service means. They all go above and beyond. We will always stay at this hotel when we come home. We are from the springs and are shocked we didn't know what a gem this hotel is. Thank you everyone and we will see you soon! The Waggoner Family Ps The lady assigned to clean our room remembered our names and was happy to make sure our room needs were met.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,351)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and will continue to do so when I return to Colorado Springs. The whole staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. Michael the morning chef is very friendly, walking around to make sure that the customers are satisified with the food. A $10 food coupon for the evening meal was a welcome surprise. The Reuben sandwich is top of the line.
I like this hotel for many reasons but perhaps the main one is that it is not a chain and privately owned. I like my money staying in the community.

Room Tip: A great breakfast buffet as good as Embassy Suites.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was an affordable one night stay on our way to Denver, CO. I was very impressed with Lauren who checked us in. She was very nice, big smile and gave us all the information we needed. We had arrived at 9pm and were hungry. Lauren gave us our $10 coupon and we basically got a light meal for $10. Salad for my mom and a Mediterranean wrap for me. Great deal. Breakfast was included and the omelette station was perfect for my mom. I asked them to sautee some vegetables for me and made a vegan burrito with some tasty Cholula on the side. Comfortable beds and quiet room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Late last Tuesday night, we were evacuated from our home during the Black Forest fire. From our late night check-in until we were able to return home, five days later, the staff at this hotel treated us with such care, consideration, and an effort to meet our every need! It became more complicated when my 89 year old mother was also evacuated but in the midst of all the chaos due to the fire and a busy summer season, the staff was able to change our room to two directly adjoining rooms so that we could take care of my mother. They were able to work with our constantly changing check out dates and keep us in our rooms....all this with two weddings going on in their beautiful lobby. The owners of the hotel had given all evacuees a discount on our rooms---very generous! We enjoyed wonderful dinners in their restaurant every night which was especially helpful for my disabled mother. It was so nice not to have to go out and find a restaurant! (note: everything was delicious from the excellent prime rib to great hamburgers to terrific hot wings! Their complimentary breakfast buffet was incredible!
All to say, we are very thankful to the staff and owners of this wonderful hotel! (A special thanks to the staff Jonathan, Karen, and Richard...and a fellow whose name I did not get!)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dorothy B
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stay was going well until I awoke at midnight to a dripping sound in the bathroom. My first thought was that my son left the faucet to the bathroom sink slightly on. As I approached the bathroom I walked in to a pool of water on the bathroom floor and water dripping from the ceiling in two different places. Because the timing was in the middle of the night, and my son had to awake at an early hour for a basketball game, I placed towels on the floor, removed my suitcase from the bathroom, moved my toiletries off the counter and shut the door to deal with it in the morning. When I awoke the dripping had stopped, but the bathroom was a mess not to mention my personal items. Before leaving for our basketball game the next morning I reported the incident to a gentleman working the front desk. He seemed surprised that my room was effected...he thought it was another room. When I asked him what the problem was he explained that the TOILET on the third floor had ran over and flooded two floors below it. TOILET WATER on my personal belongings, AND he didn't seem very concerned!!! When I asked him if I would be compensated for the inconvenience, his response was "I don't know". When I actually checked out of the room after our basketball game, a very sympathetic young lady apologized for the situation and stated she would contact the owners to see if there would be any credit to my bill. Wish I would have taken the time to make a mental note of the name of the gentleman that seemed unconcerned by our inconvenience! Will not stay there should I ever return to Colorado Springs. Just the thought of TOILET WATER dripping on my personal items is enough to make my stomach turn!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BBParent_13
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is my "go to" hotel in Colorado Springs - they never fail to impress. Although I was concerned with smoke in the air from the nearby Black Forest fires, thankfully some cooling rains came in over the weekend to help get this monster fire under control & the staff at Academy assured me they were open for business as usual. My pet & I stayed in the best room ever in the pet friendly wing - quiet & clean as always. My only complaint would be that the bedding was not as fresh as usual but that will happen in a large hotel from time to time. Overall, another great stay for an otherwise emotional visit to Colorado Springs. Thank you Wilkins family!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the rooms near the exit doors for those that travel with pets - quick in & ou...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Carmen80214
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good service. Helpful staff. My son and I made friends with Meaw over the past 4 years she always recognized and greeted us when we came to the hotel. We have been coming to the hotel ever since Basic Training 4 years ago. Breakfast was worth any increase in hotel rate. It is no wonder that your hotel is always full.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family