This hotel is a great value, esp if you have kids. The pool was warm and in the very cool environment of the lobby area with the lighted trees, etc. There are tables, chairs and chaises arround the pool. There was always a spot available even with tue hotel being completely booked our first night. There were usually plenty of towels and a couple of times they were still warm from the dryer! The breakfast is outstanding. The coffee does have a bit of an odd flavor, but it worked for us. To me, the breakfast was reminiscent of what you get at Embassy Suites...way beyond your typical hotel breakfast. I have to agree w other reviewers in that the walls (I think its more a ceiling issue) are super "thin". Our first night we had an atheletic team of young men on either side of us. They were a little rowdy and i was concerned we wouldnt get much sleep, but fortunately they piped down fairly early. The beds are a little firm. There could have been more to the linens, but, we didnt ask for additional blankets or anything, so very likely they were available. No real room for complaint. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. We will be back. Just a couple of props for local businesses, we did a zip line tour w Adventures Out West (Manitou Springs) and it was AWESOME!! The guys were super fun and energetic and the zips were great. Also, as a family, we love the trading post at Garden of tue Gods. Great place for a few Colorado memorabilia/trinkets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs! Our Family owned and operated full service hotel is nestled around the Colorado Rocky Mountains with glorious views of Pike's Peak and is conveniently located off I-25 near the U.S. Air Force Academy. The Academy Hotel consistently offers unbeatable value, amazing amenities and exceptional service. Lodging at our hotel provides leisure and business travelers with a wide variety of famous Colorado Springs attractions such as the historic Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of The Gods, Cave of The Winds, Royal Gorge, the Cog Rail Way and more! Guests marvel about The Academy Hotel's luxurious atrium filled with majestic fountains and lush greenery, a warm and inviting fireside lounge, indoor pool, sun deck with hot tub, fitness center, business center, children's arcade and onsite dining at the Falcon's Bar & Grill - with delicious American Cuisine daily specials and happy hour from 3:00 p.M.-6:00 P.M. Late arrivals enjoy the new 24 Hour Convenient Store located by the front desk. Wake each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast with waffle and made to order omelet bar! Other free amenities include: high speed Internet, HBO(R) movies, business center services, parking and unlimited local calls.Nine conference, banquet and meeting rooms accommodate 350 people -making The Academy Hotel the ideal location for weddings, reunions, social events, holiday buffets and corporate conferences. Tower rooms have been updated with a warm blend of natural earth tone decor, 50" flat screen TVs,Gel Memory Foam Mattresses, traditional quality furnishings, microwave, mini fridge and upper floors are served by Elevator. All rooms feature comfortable beds with luxurious triple sheeted linens,mini fridge & Microwave.Whether your stay is for business, pleasure or special event, the attentive staff at The Academy Hotel will ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable! Family Owned and Operated for over 30 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Best Western
- Academy Hotel Colorado Springs