“Great value in Colorado Springs”

The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #15 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
home
“Great value in Colorado Springs”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is a great value, esp if you have kids. The pool was warm and in the very cool environment of the lobby area with the lighted trees, etc. There are tables, chairs and chaises arround the pool. There was always a spot available even with tue hotel being completely booked our first night. There were usually plenty of towels and a couple of times they were still warm from the dryer! The breakfast is outstanding. The coffee does have a bit of an odd flavor, but it worked for us. To me, the breakfast was reminiscent of what you get at Embassy Suites...way beyond your typical hotel breakfast. I have to agree w other reviewers in that the walls (I think its more a ceiling issue) are super "thin". Our first night we had an atheletic team of young men on either side of us. They were a little rowdy and i was concerned we wouldnt get much sleep, but fortunately they piped down fairly early. The beds are a little firm. There could have been more to the linens, but, we didnt ask for additional blankets or anything, so very likely they were available. No real room for complaint. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. We will be back. Just a couple of props for local businesses, we did a zip line tour w Adventures Out West (Manitou Springs) and it was AWESOME!! The guys were super fun and energetic and the zips were great. Also, as a family, we love the trading post at Garden of tue Gods. Great place for a few Colorado memorabilia/trinkets.

Room Tip: Make your reservations directly thru the hotel. They offered the same price as priceline and you get...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was our first time to Colorado Springs.. we decided after lots of research that the Academy Hotel would best fit our family needs. This hotel is very neat inside with all the trees, fireplace with plenty of comfy chairs surrounding it, dim lighting. It was very comfy feeling. They provide the most amazing comp breakfast that I have ever experienced. My family and I are still thinking about the wonderful omelets and waffles that we had, amongst many other breakfast items. Yumm! The $10 dinner/drink certificates were another wonderful extra.. my husband and I were able to enjoy a nightly cocktail while watching the kids play in the indoor pool, which they loved! Our room was nice, I loved the fact that we had a fridge and microwave in the room. much needed when staying for as long as we did. My only complaint however, would have to be the beds. They just felt very thin and uncomfortable. Also, the sheets that were on our bed had a huge rip in it, which progressively got bigger.. I was hoping that one of the maids would have acknowledged it and changed the sheets perhaps while cleaning the room but it never happened during our 4 night stay. I was going to complain but figured I would just deal with it but the more I think about I should have said something.. maybe management is unaware.. time to get new sheets for sure! Also, I thought it was odd that there was only sheets and a very thin blanket on the bed and no comforter.. I am from AZ so I was pretty cold being in CO during this time of year. I would have preferred a little more bedding. We did find 1 thin blanket in the closet which we put on the kid's bed.. come to find out it had a rather large whole in it as well... bummer. On the plus side, it was neat that the shower came accommodated with a bodywash & shampoo dispenser. Also a remote control was provided for the heater in the room, which was very nice. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay, everyone was nice that we encountered, breakfast again was amazing and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the executive tower, near the very end of the hallway and never had a problem with nois...
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here over the President's weekend and had a great time. The hotel is located by the Air Force Acadamy south entrance right off the interstate so it is easy to get into colorado Springs or off to Pike's Peak. The rooms were good sized with a small refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast buffet was included and had a lot of choices (it even had a made to order omlet bar).

cincinnati
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in July.The price was very reasonable. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was accomodating, the pool was nice, and the breakfast was awesome. The location of the hotel was perfect for all the area attractions.
I highly recommend staying here

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sweet Home, Oregon
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Early January 2013, marked our first time to Colorado Springs. Not knowing the area at all we spent a lot of time researching where to stay. The Academy hotel was our choice and we could not have been happier. With free hot cooked breakfast, dinner certificates and a sports bar you could not beat the price. Rooms were more than adequate and the staff was amazing. If we ever have another opportunity to visit Colorado Springs, The Academy is the only place we will stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MissMyDogNikita
Pekin
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the breakfast was amazing. However, I booked a more expensive room that promised assorted teas, Starbucks coffee, and Bath and Body Works. When I notified the front desk, I was told that everything would be placed in my room. So when I returned at 10 pm that night, it was not there. I called the front desk again and was told it would be brought up. We never received any of it. Also there were kids running the halls late at night. We were awaken at 1:30 am due to loud neighbors. I was told that management would contact me. They never did.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Holly K
Brighton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the third time my family has stayed at The Academy! Everyone is friendly and the rates are extremely reasonable. I thought it was a nice touch that they gave a coupon for the restaurant since I booked directly with them. The free breakfast is outstanding. Not your normal "free breakfast". It really is the little things that add up from the flavored water, the fire to the pool.
My son especially loves the chocolate chip cookies!