“DO NOT BOOK THRO EXPEDIA!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #15 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pueblo, Colorado
“DO NOT BOOK THRO EXPEDIA!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

When calling Acedemy Hotel our phone call went to Expedia who immediately came thro with much cheaper rates...but then billed us double! becareful!
The Acedemy breakfast was amazing with so many choices! Pool area o.k.(kinda dirty) nice hot tub outside..rooms clean(not spotless) beds very comfortable....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the years and am very satisfied with my stays! This stay was actually the better of all!! Will definitely be back in the future. The room was clean, all personnel very nice and helpful, breakfast awesome! Thank you for such a great experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank M C
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is our second time to stay at the Academy Hotel, and we will definitely be back in the future. The breakfast was by far the best we experienced on our entire two week vacation. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioner was a little noisy and our neighbors had a barking dog that was somewhat annoying, but thankfully it didn't bark for too long. The side entrance door nearest our room was broken so we had to use a different door, which wasn't as convenient to our room. Overall, though, it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol J
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent 6 nights there. No problems with anything except housekeeping. We checked in on a Saturday, no housekeeping until Monday at 4pm. I called the front desk and they left a message with housekeeping to make up the room between 9am-12pm. Tuesday and Wednesday was great. Then on Thursday fell back into 3-4pm thing again. I called the front desk again, they said sorry and they would pass it on to housekeeping. The cleaning staff didnt speak english so it was difficult to communicate directly with them. I usually don't have much to complain about, but I like clean towels and linens each day of my stay. Everything else was awesome. I would stay there again

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank sendsley
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I selected the Academy Hotel after my husband was always disappointed with other hotels we stayed at in the same price range. He was so pleased! Thank you, Academy Hotel. We have traveled to Colo Springs numerous times as we are planning to build a home there. We have stayed at several different chain hotels in the process. Will never have to search for another hotel. It will always be the Academy Hotel from now on! I use the Accessible rooms when we travel as I use a wheelchair! I almost don't want to say any more because I want to keep The Academy Hotel my little secret. Actually never seen a remote control for the air conditioner! The Academy Hotel has one in the Accessible room. Will expect one from now on!
The breakfast was quite a treat. A chef was on staff to make omelets and special request for eggs. Another table was filled with a waffle maker, french toast and all the toppings one could imagine! Another table had all the makings for single serving bacon or sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, potatoes or could be combined for breakfast burritos. And there was the ceral and oatmeal, yogurt, toast, bagels, muffins. If you went away hungry, your own fault!
We also tried the Falcon Grill, the restaurant inside the hotel. The specials were the hamburger and the 3-topping pizza! Very reasonably priced and a lot to eat -- very good, too! Of course, they had other items on up in price but we didn't get a chance to try them.
And the staff! I didn't see one staff member that didn't have a smile on their face. Most unusual when it comes to dealing with the public sometimes, but these people have their act together: smiles, demeanor and personality shine at all times.
I suppose if I had to find one negative, it would be the adjustable shower head. All hotels do it - when the Accessible room is cleaned, the staff never fail to leave the shower head at a level that someone in a wheelchair can reach it if traveling alone. Guests that stand can reach any level, but chair people cannot reach it when it is at the very tippy top of the bar. But since I usually travel with my husband, I can manage okay! But in light of the accomodations otherwise, I even hesitate to mention this!
But remember, The Academy Hotel is my little secret !!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SWEETCOMPONENTS
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I got this for super cheap on Priceline and loved it. We stayed in 3 different places in CO springs on this trip and this was the cheapest with the most services. It has a deep indoor pool, extensive breakfast with a chef making omelets, clean rooms, and great service. Don't let the outside fool you, it is older.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so you might want the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janet N
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

So, I have to start by saying that this hotel is waaay out of my price range, but my friends wedding party was all staying at The Academy Hotel, so I splurged. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the beds were ultra comfy. I loved that they didn't have the usual crusty comforter, but instead had stylish sheets & blankets. The wifi was fast and the tv had lots of channels. Fridge and microwave were pluses. I don't have a bathtub at my home, so I took my first long soak in years. Wonderful! The windows let lots of light in and I appreciated the sitting area and desk. The bride's room was a suite that had a big living room, and was situated near the conference rooms, which we had several parties in. I can't say enough about the helpful staff. The breakfast was dynamite with a sweet gentleman making made-to-order omelets. A burrito making station, waffles, yogurt, and a ton more. Also, best darn bacon I have had in a long time. I was expecting a lot since I was paying more than I usually do, and the Academy Hotel really surprised me. The front end manager even called us about an hour after we checked in just to make sure that we liked our room. Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in tower one in room 243. All was in order and really nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends