I selected the Academy Hotel after my husband was always disappointed with other hotels we stayed at in the same price range. He was so pleased! Thank you, Academy Hotel. We have traveled to Colo Springs numerous times as we are planning to build a home there. We have stayed at several different chain hotels in the process. Will never have to search for another hotel. It will always be the Academy Hotel from now on! I use the Accessible rooms when we travel as I use a wheelchair! I almost don't want to say any more because I want to keep The Academy Hotel my little secret. Actually never seen a remote control for the air conditioner! The Academy Hotel has one in the Accessible room. Will expect one from now on!
The breakfast was quite a treat. A chef was on staff to make omelets and special request for eggs. Another table was filled with a waffle maker, french toast and all the toppings one could imagine! Another table had all the makings for single serving bacon or sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, potatoes or could be combined for breakfast burritos. And there was the ceral and oatmeal, yogurt, toast, bagels, muffins. If you went away hungry, your own fault!
We also tried the Falcon Grill, the restaurant inside the hotel. The specials were the hamburger and the 3-topping pizza! Very reasonably priced and a lot to eat -- very good, too! Of course, they had other items on up in price but we didn't get a chance to try them.
And the staff! I didn't see one staff member that didn't have a smile on their face. Most unusual when it comes to dealing with the public sometimes, but these people have their act together: smiles, demeanor and personality shine at all times.
I suppose if I had to find one negative, it would be the adjustable shower head. All hotels do it - when the Accessible room is cleaned, the staff never fail to leave the shower head at a level that someone in a wheelchair can reach it if traveling alone. Guests that stand can reach any level, but chair people cannot reach it when it is at the very tippy top of the bar. But since I usually travel with my husband, I can manage okay! But in light of the accomodations otherwise, I even hesitate to mention this!
But remember, The Academy Hotel is my little secret !!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs! Our Family owned and operated full service hotel is nestled around the Colorado Rocky Mountains with glorious views of Pike's Peak and is conveniently located off I-25 near the U.S. Air Force Academy. The Academy Hotel consistently offers unbeatable value, amazing amenities and exceptional service. Lodging at our hotel provides leisure and business travelers with a wide variety of famous Colorado Springs attractions such as the historic Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of The Gods, Cave of The Winds, Royal Gorge, the Cog Rail Way and more! Guests marvel about The Academy Hotel's luxurious atrium filled with majestic fountains and lush greenery, a warm and inviting fireside lounge, indoor pool, sun deck with hot tub, fitness center, business center, children's arcade and onsite dining at the Falcon's Bar & Grill - with delicious American Cuisine daily specials and happy hour from 3:00 p.M.-6:00 P.M. Late arrivals enjoy the new 24 Hour Convenient Store located by the front desk. Wake each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast with waffle and made to order omelet bar! Other free amenities include: high speed Internet, HBO(R) movies, business center services, parking and unlimited local calls.Nine conference, banquet and meeting rooms accommodate 350 people -making The Academy Hotel the ideal location for weddings, reunions, social events, holiday buffets and corporate conferences. Tower rooms have been updated with a warm blend of natural earth tone decor, 50" flat screen TVs,Gel Memory Foam Mattresses, traditional quality furnishings, microwave, mini fridge and upper floors are served by Elevator. All rooms feature comfortable beds with luxurious triple sheeted linens,mini fridge & Microwave.Whether your stay is for business, pleasure or special event, the attentive staff at The Academy Hotel will ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable! Family Owned and Operated for over 30 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Best Western
- Academy Hotel Colorado Springs