I selected this hotel over all the others in Colorado Springs, in large part because of the reviews I read here. I am very happy that I did. Right away, the lobby was impressive. I usually could care less about a lobby, but this one had lots of sunlight, large plants, waterfalls, fresh drinking water coolers with lemon or with oranges, the swimming pool, and the bar/grille up a few steps overlooking the area. We asked for an early check-in and our room was not quite ready. So we went to their bar/grille for their Happy Hour $2.99 drinks and $2.99 appetizers. The front desk person chased us down there to give us our room keys, and we hadn’t even been served yet. Once we were served, the appetizers were quite good. Entering our room in the “executive tower”, we noticed the room darkening shades on the windows. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before and it really helped sleeping, along with the very comfortable beds & pillows. The WiFi connection was not very fast, but average compared to other hotels. A fitness center was one of the amenities we wanted, and at hotels in this price range the fitness centers are usually mediocre to poor. Again we were pleased with a full rack of free weights, a Universal gym, a weight bench, four cardio machines, water coolers, bathrooms, and clean towels. The area was clean and all machines were well-maintained & operational. The free breakfast the next morning was a buffet with absolutely everything you might want: omelets to order, hot trays with scrambled eggs, ham, sausages, biscuits & gravy, French toast, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereals, breads, and excellent coffee. The only thing I can even think of to improve this hotel experience would be nicer towels in the bathroom. We will absolutely be staying here again every time we visit Colorado Springs in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs! Our Family owned and operated full service hotel is nestled around the Colorado Rocky Mountains with glorious views of Pike's Peak and is conveniently located off I-25 near the U.S. Air Force Academy. The Academy Hotel consistently offers unbeatable value, amazing amenities and exceptional service. Lodging at our hotel provides leisure and business travelers with a wide variety of famous Colorado Springs attractions such as the historic Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of The Gods, Cave of The Winds, Royal Gorge, the Cog Rail Way and more! Guests marvel about The Academy Hotel's luxurious atrium filled with majestic fountains and lush greenery, a warm and inviting fireside lounge, indoor pool, sun deck with hot tub, fitness center, business center, children's arcade and onsite dining at the Falcon's Bar & Grill - with delicious American Cuisine daily specials and happy hour from 3:00 p.M.-6:00 P.M. Late arrivals enjoy the new 24 Hour Convenient Store located by the front desk. Wake each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast with waffle and made to order omelet bar! Other free amenities include: high speed Internet, HBO(R) movies, business center services, parking and unlimited local calls.Nine conference, banquet and meeting rooms accommodate 350 people -making The Academy Hotel the ideal location for weddings, reunions, social events, holiday buffets and corporate conferences. Tower rooms have been updated with a warm blend of natural earth tone decor, 50" flat screen TVs,Gel Memory Foam Mattresses, traditional quality furnishings, microwave, mini fridge and upper floors are served by Elevator. All rooms feature comfortable beds with luxurious triple sheeted linens,mini fridge & Microwave.Whether your stay is for business, pleasure or special event, the attentive staff at The Academy Hotel will ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable! Family Owned and Operated for over 30 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Best Western
- Academy Hotel Colorado Springs