“I'd stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Aurora, Colorado
“I'd stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We have stayed at several of the hotels in the area and have wanted to stay at this one. I got a great deal through Priceline, which I never use because I'm afraid I'll get screwed. If you need a place to have a nice dinner, there is a resturant in the parking lot that is an airplane. It looks pretty cool. We arrive late in the evening and had no problem checking in. Our room was quite a ways down the hall so not close to any elevators or foot traffic. Although I don't think that would matter as the rooms are quite large. Sometimes we stay with a few people in a room and there was plenty of space for a blow up bed on the floor. Our room faced the courtyard where the indoor pool is located. We forgot our suits so we didn't swim. It's nice that the bathroom and sink area don't face where the beds are so you don't bother those who are sleeping. They room was clean and the water pressure was great. I wish hotels would get away from cloth shower curtains. Yucky. There was a nice little one cup coffee pot and the coffee was pretty good. Check out was nice and easy. We didn't eat at the hotel but there's a nice little brewery a couple miles down Powers if you'd like a tasty beverage. Rocky Mountain Brewery is always a stop for us while in the Colorado Springs area. My one gripe is Sleep Number beds. We don't like them. I have tried both the one where they share one mattress and the one where there is a seperation. Not for us. We did ask at the front desk and they do have rooms without those beds. If we get the chance to stay here again, I will definately request one of those rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor facing the courtyard are nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Radisson1645, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of all of our wonderful amenities. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with the sleep number beds, but you are absolutely correct. We do have standard mattresses available and would be happy to reserve one for you on your next visit. Thanks again for choosing the Radisson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel is old and dated. We booked the room with the brown decor, but they gave us a room that looked like it was from the 1980s. This room looked nothing like the brown room on their website. The furniture was worn, and the bathroom was tiny.

They changed our room when I called, and they gave us a room like the one in the pic on their website. The room that we have now looks like it is from the early 2000s, still old and worn. And, our room has no outside light because it is sandwiched in an inside corner, and two outside walls are blocking our outside light. Note they they do not show pics of the bathrooms.

The breakfast is excellent, but I will never stay here again... I think all of the great room reviews are either from people who do not travel or from the hotel staff... Two thumbs down.

Room Tip: Old & Dated. Book at your own risk.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Radisson1645, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us! Please let me start off by apologizing for the issues you encountered while here. I’m very sorry that we were unable to exceeded your expectations. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further or if you have any questions. Thank you again for choosing us and I hope that sometime in the future we are able to make up for your recent stay.
Red Wing, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great room. Quiet environment. Helpful and thoughtful staff-from Doorman to Housekeepers. They remember details and respectfully ask about the results of your adventures. Complimentary cocktails make the fishing stories more fun. Bistro food pretty good-nice variety and reasonablypriced. Exercise room clean, well cared for and sufficiently equipped for guests-early or late. We'll keep coming back next Spring, for sure

Room Tip: The rooms with sitting area are the best for longer stays!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of all of our wonderful amenities. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to making arrangements to have you stay with us again next spring. Thanks again for choosing the Radisson.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was in Colorado Springs for just one night catching a flight home. The room was very nice and the bed comfy, but the best part of the stay was breakfast. The buffet is FREE and is always well prepared and tasty. There are always freshly scrambled eggs, potatoes and fruit. The Chef special this time was chocolate chip pancakes. No complaints here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your short visit and enjoyed our wonderful breakfast buffet. I will be sure to pass on your very gracious comments, specifically about the chocolate chip pancakes, to our Chef! We look forward to making arrangements to have you stay with us again. Thanks again for choosing the Radisson.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Descent hotel at the airport located on the southeast side of town. It's really not that far from the center - maybe 5 miles. It's a quick drive to the Olympic Center and Fort Carson. Lots of military stay here. Very quiet and never hear any airport noise. The rooms are a little small but not bad. The rooms with 'select comfort' beds I did not care for. I felt like I was sleeping on a balloon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your very gracious comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location. I apologize for your disappointment in the sleep number beds, but we do have standard mattresses that can be specifically reserved. We look forward to making arrangements to have you stay with us again. Thanks again for choosing the Radisson!
La Junta, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Overall, the hotel was what I wanted - near the airport & very quiet. The rooms are quiet, large and spacious. The breakfast buffet is quite generous & the coffee was hearty. However, while the food selection was more than the average hotel breakfast fare, from the french toast to the eggs it tasted old and dried out. The staff was very friendly and there is a great view of the mountains from the dining area. I did not get to try the pool but maybe next time!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DrCheese
Radisson1645, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our staff exceeded your expectations with their customer service skills. I apologize that the free breakfast was less than satisfactory and will be sure to let our Executive Chef know of your comments. Thank you for choosing the Radisson. We hope to see you again.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

If you're needing to be near the airport or perhaps Peterson AFB, this hotel fits the bill. Check-in was speedy and the staff friendly and courteous. The rooms are well maintained with all the expected furnishings in great condition including fridge and microwave. The hotel includes an in-house restaurant and I was provided a 20% off coupon that I made use of in ordering a meal to take to my room; the meal was excellent. The only detraction was the WiFi would tend to drop out frequently. Overall though, a great stay and would stay again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Radisson1645, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of all of our wonderful amenities. I will be sure to pass on your very gracious comments to our staff. We look forward to making arrangements to have you stay with us again. I apologize for any inconvenience the Internet caused. I will have our maintenance department ensure everything is working properly. Thanks again for choosing the Radisson.