“Great place to stay, if you are not interested in walking anywhere”

Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Good:This place is very close to the airport, gives you a couple free drinks every night, and has up to date furnishings, including sleep number beds.

The bad: No kitchens, tiny fridge and microwave. VERY far from food and urban areas.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kinzerkevin

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here twice this past summer and fall with our golden retriever while we were participating in hunt tests in Calhan. This is a wonderfully hotel, the staff is great, the rooms are wonderful, good place to have your dog with you. Lots of places to take you dog for a walk around the hotel. The restaurant is wonderfull too, great breakfast buffet. We have had dinner there at the restaurant both times we were there and loved it. We would definitely stay here again.
Truly the staff is just fantastic from the front desk to the time you check out. The rooms are quiet and comfortable and clean.
Great place!

Room Tip: The pet rooms are on the second floor - very quiet - very clean - we like this hotel a lot.
1  Thank ddjc
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here after a late flight. Drove by two new Marriott Properties next door. This is a great property that is very well managed. The rooms have all the amenities and are very clean. Flat screen TVs, great beds, nice linens make for a nice experience. The next two nights were spent at The Antlers Hilton downtown and The Radisson was much nicer at a lower rate.

1  Thank Beachkid_8
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Every single thing about this hotel was beautiful, clean, and made me feel lika a queen. The parking was wonderful, including the parkinglot. (No holes etc. easy to navigate, everything felt close, no long walking.) Everyone was very accomodating and super friendly. They even stopped me by saying hello to me! It was nice for me to stop and say hello back and smile.

Only 1 complaint. I attempted to pay for my room in cash and "Had" to have a credit card. I only cary a debit card and that irritated me that they "Needed" a credit card for incidentals. Well define incidentals. They could have shut my phone and pay per view etc off and even checked my bags when I left, but I still don't think I should have to carry a credit card to stay in a nice hotel.

The other thing is, my boss paid for my room so I could attend the Pryor seminar. They thought everything was paid for and taken care of. If they were just holding the room, someone should have been very clear about that over the phone. My boss was super imberassed that I had to pay for a room that they thought they had paid for.

Every thing else was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TAMMY F
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed here five different times and the service is just awesome from the front desk, bell hop, restaurant/bar, to housekeeping. I just have not found any other place that offers the service they do.

1  Thank Rodness1
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for a mini-vacation from October 3 - 7 (4 nights). I chose this hotel after considering several other hotels in the area, and my choice was primarily from the reviews that I read here on TripAdviser and other websites. So I hope my review will help others.

FIRST - although several reviewers talk about the "free" breakfast, that is a misperception. The breakfast buffet in included in some of their packages, but it is not in all packages. If you want breakfast to be included in the deal, be sure you reserve the appropriate package. Based on the price differences that I saw, breakfast (plus a "complementary" drink from the bar) adds on an extra $10/night/guest. If two of you are staying, then that's $20 extra per night.

Having pointed that out about breakfast, I will say that it was good. I had breakfast three mornings, and each morning the eggs were served a different way. It was a pretty complete hot buffet, eggs or omelet, potatoes, waffles/french toast, and many other items to round out the meal.

Room amenities were very nice. I stayed in a suite, and it included large jacuzzi tub, microwave and refrigerator, coffee machine, two large screen LCD TV's, complementary bottled water, nice bed. Free wifi.

Location - about 5 miles from the airport. There is a 7-11 convenience store a block away. The Airplane Restaurant is right in front of the hotel (I didn't eat there, but it is interesting looking to say the least). If you stay on the 2nd floor you should have a good view of the mountains. I stayed on the first floor and got a view of a road and some trees, but this did not bother me as I usually close my curtains for privacy anyway. If you are staying in Colorado Springs to visit the AF Academy, that is on the north end of the city and you might prefer to find a hotel in that area instead of the south area that the Radisson is in.

Restaurant - I already described breakfast. Lunch and dinner can be purchased in the same restaurant. Ate dinner there twice, the prices were fair but I was not very impressed with the food. However, the wait staff are friendly and provide great service. If you receive coupons for complementary drinks, you can take them to the bar or ask for them with your meal.

Fitness room - I worked out in the fitness room my first morning. That was a mistake - I am partial to altitude sickness and that first workout exacerbated it. Be aware, Colorado Springs has an elevation of > 6000 ft. Some people do not tolerate the altitude well. But back to the fitness room - it contained several treadmills, a few eliptical machines, and one weight-based nautilus-type machine. Nobody else was there while I worked out, so it was pleasant to have the room to myself. The swimming pool is adjacent to the fitness room.

Noise level - some reviewers complain about noise from the hallway thru their entrance doors. I did notice that the doors are not great at blocking noise. Not really any worse than I 've seen in the majority of other hotels I've stayed. The suites are at the end of the hallways, so traffic levels are minimum. I had no problems with noise bothering me.

Overall - nice. Very nice. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Suites are at the end of the halls, quietest locations for the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victor L
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here one night. Our priority was to find a place with a shuttle from the airport as we were not renting a car. We got so much more. The room was tastefully furnished and very comfortable. It even had a fancy sleep number bed! We enjoyed the large pool and jacuzzi and spent some time in the afternoon sitting on the spacious sun deck soaking up some vitamin D. There is both a bistro on site and a restaurant in an actual airplane in front of the hotel. A full buffet breakfast was available in the bistro in the morning as part of the cost of staying there. Plus, they offered a free drink in the evening for each of us. Anyone staying here will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family