Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a nice hotel with a friendly and very helpful staff. It is conveniently located at the north end of Colorado Springs with easy access to Interstate 25. The complimentary breakfast was a treat! We will be back!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Lee D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Richard, What a nice review! Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to post it and are glad you enjoyed the friendly, helpful staff and convenient location. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Wishing you safe travels!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We travel with an assistance animal. I called 2 days in advance to verify that, just as with other Hamptons I've booked, that this location would be fine with our assistance animal. The young lady on the phone confirmed that we would be fine. I usually book online, but since the rate was the same with the clerk, and she stated that the animal would be accepted, I booked with her by phone. I also asked if it would be possible to get the breakfast out just a little early as we planned to leave very early in the AM. She said she would note that also on our reservation.
When I got to the hotel and checked in, I asked about the breakfast. Yes, the clerk said, he could see a request to get the breakfast items out early the next morning.
We ate the breakfast before leaving and late that same day while in the car traveling to our destination, the hotel called to say I had left a leash in the room and did I want it mailed back. Since it was a spare I said it wouldn't be necessary. They then told me that they had not been told there would be an animal in the room. The reservationist at that hotel had never noted that important fact even though we spoke at length about it before I made the reservation with her. I was alarmed and worried that they would charge me an additional fee or fine on my credit card. They said no, but I am not of a trusting nature. I will continue to monitor my credit card statement just in case they try to slip a charge onto it. It ticks me off that the person I spoke with never noted that I would be bringing our assistance animal along. Otherwise, the stay was uneventful.
I will also add that this location has less amenities than other Hamptons I've stayed in. It had no refrigerator in the unit and, as others have mentioned, it will need updating in the near future.

Room Tip: I should have taken the name of the person who promised me there would be no problems with our servi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Lee D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve and identify our areas of opportunity. Since we have been in contact with you, we are hopeful that your concerns have been addressed and you will be staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff was way beyond helpful. My daughter was trying to get her homework done and over a period of several days the staff took her USB drives and printed off whatever she needed. Always with a smile. Very good hotel. GREAT front desk staff

Dear Mark,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn Hotel. It is always nice to hear such glowing compliments about our employees. We take pride in our customer service and making our guests feel at home. Thanks for being our guest and we hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This Colorado Springs,Colorado Hampton location has great accomodations and service level was excellent.This Hampton is in a great location and the value is hard to beat. Complimentary breakfast was very popular for all the guests and should not be missed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central AFA. We are glad you enjoyed the great accommodations and found our service level to be excellent. We appreciate you letting other viewers know of your nice stay with us. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel after driving for hours, we were tired and just wanted rest. We were stuck outside waiting in the cold because the doors were locked. A sign was put on the door saying the clerk would be right back. Then when he finally let us in, the clerk could not find our reservation in the system. I understand hotels have night audits, but customer service is still priority! What a mess!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Lee D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with check-in have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Overall stay was good. The rooms could use some updating, specifically with noise control. Overall it is a good hotel and I would stay there again. The location is great for my purposes and have stayed here now 3 times.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Lee D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Kathy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your pleasant stay with us at the Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy. We are glad you liked our hotel and found it to be in a great location. The hotel was completely remodeled in 2009 in addition; we are in the process of replacing the stripping around all of the guest room doors. This will make a difference with the noise from the hallways. Thanks for being our guest! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn central in Colorado Springs 3 going on 4 times. The staff is welcoming and very efficient. Check in is a snap. Warm cookies upon arrival. Lots of good coffee and choices at breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Lee D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Susan, Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experiences with the Hampton Inn. All the positive comments from your feedback will be shared with the staff. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. In addition, I was glad to hear of the efficiency of the check in as well. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.