Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy
$179
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$159
$189
$161
  • Pool
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$171
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$182
HYATT house Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$169
$261
$212
$599
$359
All reviewsold chicagoair force academyparking lotwalking distancecomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationpool areaclean roomseasy accessother hotelswould stay here againthe breakfast areapikes peakyogurtfront desk staffoutbackgods
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Rooms were clean and quiet. Well appointed and I had work to do which was easily handled in this room. I have stayed at every chain in the neighborhood and this was the best by far. For business nights, I have a personal budget and this met the budget plus the clean work space I needed. I wil return. Coffee was good, as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It may look pretty on the outside BUT don't let the remodeling fool you! This hotel is noisy, poorly run and just a very bad experience overall. The breakfast is the worst I have ever experienced and just plain strange. It is clean but when you get right down to it there has to be more in the equation than that. The remodel is beautiful but the hotel is too close to the highway and even though you can walk to a few restaurants from there it does NOT make for a great experience. I go to Colorado Springs every year and will never go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Lee D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your feedback; we understand your disappointment. Our complimentary breakfast is made up of traditional, Hampton Inn Standard items. We appreciate your comments and will take them under consideration. We are also sorry that your stay was disrupted by outside traffic. We do offer our guests earplugs to aid in a peaceful nights’ sleep. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other comments or suggestions that could make for a better stay. We strive to do everything we can to ensure our guests have a great experience. We do feel that since it has been almost an entire year since your stay with us, the overall experience of our hotel has improved. On your next visit to the area, we hope you come visit us again so we can provide you with excellent service and the warm Hamptonality we are known for.

Lee D.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was awakened both mornings of my stay by other guests allowing their doors to slam shut. There was a large gap between the bottom of my door and the carpet, allowing me to hear everything going on in the hallway. Hampton Inn should at least install some sort of bumpers on the thresholds so the doors don't slam. The situation was not helped by the traffic noise from the nearby I-25 freeway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Lee D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the guest noise as well as the highway traffic. Your comments have been shared with our Engineering staff and we are discussing ways to impede the door slamming noise. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here one night with our family on the way home from Estes Park. Hotel easy to find right off I25. The hotel was packed as it was a weekend night in the busy summer vacation season, but the front desk and other personnel were still extremely friendly and helpful. Extremely clean and well-maintained I believe the property had been remodeled in the last year or two and it showed. Up to date decor was contemporary and the headboards, desk and closets were mahogany. We needed to do laundry and although there are only 1 washer and dryer, they were only .75 each and worked well. Guests were reasonable and gracious with each other using them--I moved someone's laundry to the dryer and someone moved mine.
Breakfast bar was wonderful with a fantastic variety of hot and cold foods. Coffee and ice water available 24-7.
You can see Pikes Peak from the pool area. You can't see Pikes Peak, but can see mountains next to it if you sit outside and drink your coffee at the picnic tables by the front entry. As mentioned by others, this hotel is in an area with many other hotels and restaurants, so if you're looking for a spacious property to wander, this isn't it. Only down side was that in the pool area there are large glass doors that could open up to let in outside air, but the doors were locked. But, I did not ask anyone if they could be unlocked. My guess is the goal is to keep those who aren't Hampton guests out of the pool! Also, we booked 2 rooms and I failed to call that morning to make sure they were adjoining. One of my children has worked in the hotel industry and tells me to always call the morning of your reservation if you want adjoining rooms, even if you specified this in your online reservation. We just forgot.
Bottom line: great hotel.

Room Tip: King bed rooms have a sofa bed that only sleeps one person. Rooms on south side have some view of Pikes Peak.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeanne S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights to attend a wedding. It's a good solid Hampton but is somewhat different than the Hampton's that we've stayed at on the East Coast. The main differences were a large built-in wall unit and a smaller bathroom. The hotel was very clean and the front desk personnel extremely helpful.

We had a king room. The room had a flat screen TV, nice 3 drawer bureau, a very lg. full length mirror, comfortable bed and a wall air conditioner. The wall unit contained the closet & a desk with a chair. The pillows were only okay for me & not comfy for my husband.. There was no fridge in the room. The bathroom had one sink, a hair dryer and 2 shelves. The hotel had an indoor pool & workout center. The pool seemed a bit stuffy esp. since the temperatures were warm during our visit. I wonder if there is a way to open it up & let some air in. The towels at the pool were quite small.

Breakfast was quite good with fresh fruit, oatmeal, waffles, scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels, 3 types of cold cereal, coffee, tea, juices and yogurt. In the late afternoon /early evening wrapped cookies were available. All day long, there was a table with ice water, coffees & teas.

Many of the local attractions like the Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs & Pike's Peak Cog Railway are not far away (from 10-20 min. away)but you will need a car. We did all 3 & had a delicious, relaxing lunch at the Cliff House in Manitou Springs. We opted to eat inside & it was a treat. You can also sit out on their porch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple