“Pretty hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
NJ
“Pretty hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2007

I would give this hotel a 5 if it weren't for the air conditioning. We had 6 in this suite and it was pretty tight quarters for that many people, even though they say it sleeps 6. It was a very pretty hotel - very attractive lobby and the suites are very nice, but on the small size. Someone on another site complained about the number of TV channels. I think there were plenty and why you would be concerned about that is beyond me. The air conditioning was a problem. They brought us a fan but we opened the sliding doors and kept them open all night. It cools off there at night so it was pleasant having the doors open and there was a balcony right outside the door. We never did get to experience the dinner cocktail hour with snacks, but it did look good from a distance as we were coming and going. The breakfast was very nice and I don't think anyone could complain about the quality of the breakfast, even if you were paying for it. I did find I had to actually walk down to the desk to get any assistance as the phone just rang and rang, but they were booked solid and were very busy. They were very helpful in giving me driving directions and responded quickly to our few requests. It's about 30 mins from the airport, a pretty easy drive and has a TGI Friday's and a couple of other restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Very pretty and clean, free breakfast and cocktail hour.
  • Disliked — Air conditioning
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
California
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Embassy Suites is always good. Nice suite, free happy hour drinks and free, cook to order breakfast. The only 2 real issues we had was there was a very limited number of TV channels offered (I think around 21 including the 4 networks, ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox) . No, History Channel, no Discovery Channel, or Fox News Channel (but they did have the liberal CNN & MSNBC), nor did they have A&E, TVland, Animal Planet or any of the others that would come with basic cable. There was also quite a hefty charge for internet use - $6.95 per 24hr use. It would seem that a hotel that can afford free drinks and free cook to order breakfasts could a least afford basic cable and free internet.

• Liked — 2 room suite, free happy hour, free breakfast
  • Disliked — lack of TV channels, fee for internet
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Quark9
Wild West Nebraska!
Reviewed June 30, 2007

I called the hotel directly before booking, as I NEED air-conditioning. If I get too hot I get sick! Long story short, even tho they were having problems w/ the AC they said it was working fine and that it was central air (I wanted to avoid the grinding individual window/box type unit)

They did not tell me that it was some type of water cooled AC system, the carpets felt damp and the windows were covered in water our second night there.

We arrived too late the first night for maint to look at it or for housekeeping to bring up a fan ( 7 pm, no less!) Clerk acted like she could care less.

The next day, after three phone calls maint came up, he changed the filter, the filter was more dust than filter! Probably hadn't been changed for a year or two. He did bring a fan, but it made too much noise to use at night.

He tested the air temp coming out of the register, and he said it was 59 degrees. I said great, if I was sleeping on the ceiling. Room temp was 75, even tho the unit said 65 --- which was the lowest it could be set.

The beds were too soft, I asked for a bed board and was told someone would call me back. After three calls I gave up.

Why didn't we change hotels, well.....we should have but no time, we were in town for a wedding and wanted to spend time w/ family.

When we checked out I complained again, and the clerk just wanted to get rid of me, said she would mention it to her manager. She told me that they had been having problems w/ the AC for a month or so, I asked why they didn't tell me that when I called. She didn't know. I asked about the dampness and heavy fog/steam on the windows , she said that was because of the water cooling system they used. I asked if there was any type of discount and again she said she'd talk to the manager. I'm not holding my breath. I am going to send them a letter of complaint too.

We usually like staying at an Emabassy, but this is one I would never stay at again.

We only had the breakfast one morning, and it was very good. Can't comment on the "happy hour" as we were not at the hotel either night for those.

• Liked — the breakfast was very nice
  • Disliked — air conditioning not working, beds too soft, attitude of staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank golfshopscuba
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 3, 2007

This was a really nice hotel. The atrium is so pretty, with two waterfalls and some koi. They have a free manager's open bar in the evenings with tortillas and salsa and pretzels. Also a free breakfast with pancakes, made to order omelets, fruit, bagels, toast, cereal, eggs, bacon, juice and coffee.

Our room was great and quite a good size. We ordered room service which even with many special requests was very fast. We called when we were done and the tray was picked up immediately. Check in and out was lightening fast. Overall a great experience.

• Liked — Complimentary happy hour and breakfast, great rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank COMommy
Valencia, CA
Reviewed May 24, 2007

All the standards you come to expect from Embassy Suites, but a few tips. Coin laundry is only two washers and two dryers that are usually full. Ask for a fourth floor room on the (South or West side?) with a view of Pikes Peak. Check out Margarita the restaurant next door. Five course meal for $35. Looked very good but they do not serve Sunday or Monday dinner.

• Liked — Comp Happy hour and full breakfast, coin laundry close to Col Springs attractions ie Pikes peak Air Force Academy etc
  • Disliked — Laundry room messy, room service dishes left in hallway all night
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladinks
Dallas
Reviewed March 11, 2007

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Colorado Springs and found it to be a very nice hotel.

Upon arrival, I was VERY tired so it would have been very easy for me to become irritated with any little hiccup, and I'm pleased to report there were none.

I had pre-paid for my room, and check-in went smoothly, with me receiving the king non-smoking I reserved. Too bad I got there too late for the happy hour / reception.

The atrium of the hotel is very nice and is very relaxing. I went up to my room to find a newly remodeled suite, with the "living room" in the front, with a couch, TV, desk, chair and wet bar. There was then a bedroom in the back, with a wardrobe for your clothes (rather than a closet) and a TV armoire. Everything was new and nice. The bed was a little soft for my taste, but it was fine. The bathroom was very small - I found it difficult to walk in and then have room to shut the door, but this did not really cause an issue of significance. It was nice though - there was a granite sink countertop and granite in the shower.

In the morning, I went down to the atrium restaurant for the complimentary full breakfast. I had an omelet with potatoes and bacon, and the coffee was nice, and other dry food choices were available. I was very pleased with the breakfast experience.

Really, there is nothing to complain about - if you don't mind a small bathroom and you can get by with a wardrobe instead of a true closet, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. I know I will stay here again in the future.

• Liked — I loved that a really quality breakfast was built into the reasonable price for the room.
  • Disliked — Bathrooms a bit small.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank DallasTraveler06
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 29, 2007

While this wonderful experience was in the past, we still have great memories of a week long stay. Since many family members and guests were flying in for the wedding, guest services and the wedding coodinator helped us with all the details--from block reservations to all the items for the wedding and reception. Another wrinkle was that the bride and groom were deployed at the time and we (the parents) were over 1200 miles away! Everything was handled smoothly and without errors.

The marriage took place in a flower and greenery covered indoor gazabo. The dining area had been closed off to prevent non-wedding hotel guests from wandering thru our reserved space
Many wedding guest remarked how convenient and cozy everything was for a truly beautiful occasion.

Our only small mistake was forgetting to instuct the kitchen to prepare a "picnic basket" for the bridal couple. By the time they were ready to enjoy the dinner, the buffet tables had been cleared. The food however was tasty, well-prepared, and beautifully presented.

Guest suites were very comfortable with the wonderful separate areas and a tiny "kitchenette". This provided extra dressing and vanity space for all the wedding party ladies. Because alcohol was served, we encouraged many young people to take rooms after the evening reception. The hotel space and facilities (indoor pool, internet, etc.) were so gracious, guests really enjoyed themselves.

We will be back this summer. I know we will not be disappointed.

Stayed February 2004