“Excellent place to stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs
Ranked #19 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plainview, Texas, United States
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Clean, beautifully appointed, comfortable and friendly. Nice view of the mountains. Great breakfast and friendly staff. We totally enjoyed our stay here! We will definitely stay here again. The pool and hot tub were excellent and a great way to finish the day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Joe S,

Thank you for staying with us and posting comments about your stay on TripAdvisor for others to read. I am so glad you found our hotel to be comfortable and friendly. We look to seeing you back here again in the future.

Jeff Zelkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

When I stay at a Hilton Property I generally expect a higher quality hotel. The price was decent. The rooms were clean. You get free breakfast and a "happy hour" each night, but overall I wasn't terribly impressed. The breakfast is actually pretty great. They have two grill cooks that will make omelets, pancakes, or French toast fresh for you. A definite step up from the usual microwaved omelet shaped eggs that most hotels have these days. It was also nice to get done working each day and look forward to complimentary drinks and snacks. I'd have to say that these were the two things that set this hotel apart. These were definitely the two things that make the hotel worth the price. The rooms are definitely clean, but they are also a bit outdated. For a family or a group of people it is worth it to stay here for the extras, but if you are traveling alone you can find a more updated hotel and buy your own breakfast. There are two reasons that this hotel got three stars instead of four was because of the noise. I stayed here for two weeks on business. One of the weekends I happened to be in town was a combination of Memorial Day and Air Force graduation. When making my reservation I kindly explained to the girl working the front desk that I have a very early start time for work, and would appreciate a room on an upper floor and in a quiet area. I was assured that I had a room on the 4th floor in the middle (away from the restaurant & pool). When I checked in I was told that I would be on the bottom floor. I will say that the young girl working the front desk seemed to be doing her best to fix this situation. Despite her best efforts I ended up on the 2nd floor directly above the pool. I called every night about the noise, and was told that the pool was open until 11 so there was nothing that they could do. The second reason is that apparently you cannot control the temperature of the refrigerator in your room. I returned after a day of work to find everything in my fridge frozen solid. I called twice about this issue and finally went to the front desk directly. I was assured that this issue would be fixed, and returned to my room to find a luke-warm refrigerator.

If staying for a few nights on vacation and fully intend on taking advantage of the free breakfast and happy hour then I recommend this hotel. If staying for business, and just need a clean place to stay then there are much better properties for your needs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Liz L
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Liz L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor I am glad that you found the hotel to be clean and priced to your liking, and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our cooked to order, all you can breakfast. I sincerely apologize for the few issues that not go perfectly during your extended stay, especially the selection of the suite you received and the problems with the mini refrigerator. I will work with my staff so that we can do our best to eliminate these types of things in the future. I am excited to let you know that we do have renovations plans for the not so distant future that will modernize and update the décor and design of the hotel. I hope you will consider us again the next time you need lodging accommodations in Colorado Springs.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ok, ok..... this hotel is not the most modern, up-to-date, flawlessly internet connected, gourmet dining experience-receiving boutique hotel. But for goodness sake's you're staying at a very reasonably priced Embassy Suites, not the Waldorf and chances are you aren't spending your honeymoon here. The pool is just off the dining area, so yes.... there is a distinct odor of chlorine wafting through the atrium, but it's certainly better than the alternative (no chlorine). Kids are running around all the time and with the open design, you can hear a conversation on the top floor being carried on by people on the ground level. So what?? You stay at these places because it's convenient, inexpensive and has everything you need. It's not a high-strung, 5-starred location off of Central Park West where you have to worry about your kids touching the artwork. This place perfectly serves its purpose and the staff could not be friendlier. Seriously -- some of the nicest, service-industry people I've ever come across. When traveling to the Springs with the kids, I would definitely stay here again. When traveling to the Springs without the kids, I'm headed for the Broadmoor.

1 Thank MemphisLocal
Dear MemphisLocal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor I am glad that you enjoyed the stay with your family and found our staff so friendly. We do have renovations plans for the not so distant future that will modernize and update the décor and design of the hotel. I hope you will be back to visit soon.

Fishhawk Ranch, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very dirty, clogged, A/C filter, which was nasty. Raised issue on first day. A/C filter (which has filth and dust clumps literally hanging down through grate) was never changed. We stayed 6 days. Room was only cleaned when we called the front desk and complained that room had not been cleaned, beds not made, fresh towels left, etc. Housekeeping was completely unsatisfactory. Stayed in Room 343 and Internet connected was weak, barely attainable, and intermittent AT BEST. Had to use my own personal MiFi device which is costly and not the norm in most hotels today. Internet service was awful. Rooms and interior at the Colorado Springs Embassy Suites Commerce Center Dr are in DIRE NEED of remodeling, updating, refreshing. Old popcorn ceilings were dirty (years-old dirt) and ceiling drywall seams showed through; wall decor, wallpaper, paint, furniture, lighting, etc., ALL looked 20 years-old. Furniture was dated and worn. This hotel needs a refresh BADLY. My second stay and the rooms just look old and worn. Smells musty, old, and worn, too. Sofa bed was so worn out, with so many springs either worn down or poking through, that we had to have two roll aways brought to room. Hilton/Embassy Suites DESPERATELY needs to flag/mark this particular Embassy Suites for a complete overhaul. With a Hyatt House, a Hyatt Place, and a Spring Hill Suites all in close proximity (in each of which I've stayed -- all are newly remodeled, less expensive, and NICE), I just cannot bring myself to stay at your hotel again anytime soon. First impressions are important. Have stayed here twice, now. When I walk into room on both occasions, my first impression was "Eee gads! This place is straight out of the 1970's and NOT in a retro way, but in a grandma's house, soap opera set, hasn't been updated since, original furnishings (old and worn) sort of way!" Bright spot! Your breakfast is one of the best in town, but the outdated rooms, poor internet connectivity, and awful housekeeping will keep me away. PLEASE ask Hilton or whomever owns your particular hotel to bring it into the 21st Century. Really worn out and outdated and not up to Hilton/Embassy Suites standards.

1 Thank Frank W
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Frank W.,

I would like to thank you for your candid comments on your stay at the Colorado Springs Embassy Suites. I am very sorry about the issues you encountered, especially in regards to housekeeping. There is absolutely no excuse for these issues and they will be addressed. We have hired a new Executive Housekeeping Manager and she has been tasked with eliminating the problems you encountered during your stay. I am confident in time; she will make all the corrections to eliminate the issues that you wrote about. In regards to a renovation, I am happy to let you know that a complete renovation is in the works and is the design stage at this time. Once we get approval from the Brand and the materials are procured the rooms will be done first and then the lobby and common areas. I hope that you will consider staying with us again once the hotel is updated.

The Villages, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great location and very welcoming hotel. The breakfast was really good. Even cooking eggs like you want and omelets plus a buffet. The evening reception offered drinks alcoholic and non and some lite snacks. This was all included. No hidden charges. Enjoyed the restaurant and staff there. Great place after a long day of travel or touring. My only criticism was that the bathroom was very small considering you are in a big 2 rm suite.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Pat B
Dear Pat B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our hotel. I am delighted that you found the staff to be so welcoming. I hope you can return soon, I do apologize about the small bathrooms.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, Colorado Springs in June 2014. This hotel is one of the best we've ever stayed in. The suite is really comfortable. We had two queen sized beds in the bedroom, with enough room to move around. It has all the amenities you need in a room, like a tv, a wardrobe, a dressing table with a big mirror. We had a mountain view and a small balcony. Perfect and the view was beautiful. The living room is huge for a suite and the kitchenette was really helpful. However, the lack of plates and cutlery made it a bit difficult to make sandwiches, or preparing any kind of food or snacks. We therefore hardly used the fridge and microwave available. Maybe management will consider adding some plates and cutlery to make the stay even better. These days all the big hotels provide free internet to their guests and the lack of it at the Embassy proved a bit of a problem staying in contact with our loved ones. Other than that it was an absolute pleasure staying here. The atrium with it's lush plants and waterfalls was absolutely beautiful. We were with family in the evenings and didn't attend the free cocktails and snacks available, but it is a wonderful idea to bring people together. All in all, we had a wonderful time staying here. Will definitely recommend the Embassy Suites to anyone looking for a home from home.

1 Thank 844deidreh
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear 844deidreh,

Thank you for staying with us in June. I was so happy to read how satisfied you were with our hotels accommodations and service levels. The next time you stay with us, please let us know you that would like some plates and cutlery and will be happy to deliver them to your suite. I truly appreciate your willingness to recommend the Embassy Suites to anyone looking for a home from home.

All my best,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were in Colorado Springs for a family wedding. Check-in was delayed. Room given us was the closest to I-25 as you could get. It's a nice hotel, but next time we will specify a room on the west end. Did not experience the evening reception, but they are usually great.

Dear joanv807,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while attending a family wedding in Colorado Springs. I apologize that your check-in was delayed and that you didn’t enjoy your room location. I sincerely hope that when you return in the future and specify a room on the west end of the hotel that it will exceed all your expectations.