“Mountains Views Worth the Upgrade” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs

Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs
Ranked #14 of 108 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Mountains Views Worth the Upgrade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The room was spacious. There were two beds in the bedroom. The front room was a living room with a couch and chair. There was also a desk. The room had a bar sink, microwave and small refrigerator. There was a view of the mountains from the bedroom window. As with all Embassy Suites, there was a cooked to order breakfast (eggs, waffles, toast, fruit, yogurt, juice, etc.) The food was well prepared. The staff was friendly and the dining area was clean. This hotel was in a great location for touring the area. Using this hotel as a base, we visited: Pikes Pike, Cave of the Winds, Seven Falls, and Royal Gorge Railroad. All of the attractions were within a reasonable drive of the hotel. If I was in the area again, I would stay at this hotel again.

I stayed at this hotel with family for vacation. This was the first stop on a three city tour (Colorado Springs – elevation 6,080 feet, Estes Park – elevation 7,522, Denver - elevation 5,200 feet) I noticed that in the hotel room, there is an advisory about altitude sickness. As part of the tips to avoid altitude sickness, you are encouraged to drink plenty of water and to slowly increase altitude a little each day. I wish I this info was posted on the hotel’s website so that I was aware of it when I planned my trip. One person in the group did get a mild case of altitude sickness. If I could do this trip over, I would have started in Denver for a few days and then traveled to the other cities that had a higher elevation.

Room Tip: Book a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear TraveltheGlobe09,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!
We especially appreciate you making the suggestion to update our website with information on altitude sickness and how to prepare yourself for a trip to Colorado Springs and elsewhere in Colorado. We took your comments to heart and have added a page to our website that will be very helpful to others in the future as they plan a visit to these higher altitudes.

Jeff Zelkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for a week in late March while we were in between homes and as always, the Embassy Suites does have excellent amenities. We had a bit more space with the living area so we weren't just living in a hotel room. We were able to spread out and have a bit of space.

Hotel needs to be modernized but the rooms were clean and the service was great. The breakfast and the manager's reception are the great bonuses that keep us coming back to Embassy Suites.

Expect alot of kiddos on the weekends. We didn't hear them in our room though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Alicia C,
Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home away from home as you were between homes. I am glad that enjoyed all of the excellent amenities that we offer here at the Embassy Suites Colorado Springs, and that you were able to spread out and enjoy one of our spacious two room suites.

I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be clean and that the service was great. We do have renovation plans in the works that will make a huge difference in modernizing the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you, and or your friends and family the next time any of you need a hotel room in Colorado Springs,

Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall a very nice place to stay. Smaller hotel but staff is very nice and rooms were very clean. Breakfast buffer was good. Hotel is near freeway so very convenient. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when venturing to CO Springs.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Chita1999,

Thank you for posting such a nice review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you found the hotel a nice, clean place to stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs.

All my best,

Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great location for touring the Colorado Springs/Monument/Castle Rock areas of Colorado. Great view, average rooms. Breakfast staff is excellent and go above and beyond, which makes up for a lot of the missing Embassy Suites "polish" most of us are used to. Pool is small but usually well kept. Several restaurants within walking distance at various price points, but no fast-food options to walk to or shopping, other than a gas station convenience store. Overall, it works as a good family alternative in a flexible location for several days of tourist activities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Dreamin80,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor, I am delighted you liked our great location; it is indeed a wonderful home base for touring the Colorado Springs/Monument/Castle Rock areas of Colorado. I appreciate you mentioning how excellent our Breakfast staff and how they go above and beyond. There are extensive renovation plans in the works that will bring back the “Polish” as you say. We are excited to have you return in the future to enjoy our hotel again.

Laporte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The hotel stay from start to finish was very quiet and relaxing. The waterfall sounds mask most noises from the central courtyard, and the rooms were well insulated from sound. The complimentary breakfast had a hot bar and made to order items.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear David R,

Thank you for letting other travelers know about your stay at the Embassy Suites Colorado Springs! I was very happy to read that you had a quiet and relaxing stay with us. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you need hotel accommodations in Colorado Springs.

All my best,

Brigham City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Wonderful staff, good breakfast and wonderful view of the mountains. Back on the Staff, they went out of their way to say hello and to help me with any need that my family needed during our stay. I/we will be staying here again when we travel out to see family again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Robert R,

I am so glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, good breakfast and wonderful view of the mountains. We look forward to seeing you here again the next time you travel out to see your family.

PARSON, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I travel a lot and one thing that take away of long drive is warm welcome and a smile. I am supprise I did not get that to this embassy suite. And the day I check out the receptionist still no smile and my receipt is wrong but I told her to send it to me by email it took them 3 days to send it and I have to call to send it to me and it give me attitude that it already got send. That is not the answer I ask.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Rudolf S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for poor welcome you received upon arrival at the hotel and the poor follow up on your receipt. These actions are unacceptable and they will be addressed with the appropriate team members. We strive to give outstanding customer service to all of our guests, I am sorry we dropped the ball on your stay, since your experience is uncharacteristic of our service in general, I would ask you give us another try the next time you are in the Colorado Springs area.

Best Regards,