“Good place to stay in the Springs”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs
Ranked #17 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Centrally located close to attractions and city; a nice place to kick back in the evenings and enjoy the free drinks. Courteous, professional staff and good price for a nice suite. Good places to eat close by and excellent free breakfast included with room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Michelle A, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Carlos C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience from your recent stay with us in Colorado Springs. It is always a pleasure hearing about great expereiences at out hotel. We hope to have you stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Colorado Springs.

Kindly,

Michelle Apricio

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here overnight on our way to the mountains for a week of skiing. I have always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites' hotels, but this one was for sure disappointing. There was only 1 clean towel in the bathroom. We were a family of 4 (with 2 kids). Had to wait over 2 hours for housecleaning to finally bring some more. The room was also unbearably hot. Adjusting the thermostat to its lowest setting had no effect whatsoever. Had to sleep with the window open all night just to get some cooler air. The bathroom was also inexplicably smaller than every other hotel I've ever stayed at. Barely enough room for 1 person. The hotel itself seemed older than most and certainly not the cleanest I've seen. Check-in staff wasn't rude but certainly not friendly either. Oh, and don't bother paying the extra 10 bucks for a mountain view. What a con job. The only good thing about this hotel was the breakfast staff. Very friendly and welcoming. Regardless, I'll stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites the next time I'm staying in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank davidlspicer

Dear davidlspricer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing. we are interested in speaking with you regarding what we can do to make this situation right for you as well as ask a few additional questions that will help us address some of the shortcomings that you mention. Please contact me at 719-599-9100. While we know that our hotel is older, especially when compared to hotels built recently we pride ourselves on cleanliness and friendly staff, as well as our ability to make sure that our hotel is enjoyed by all. Again, thank you for your comments.

Kindly,

Michelle Apricio

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited 3/1-3/4 room somewhat clean but details missed. Paper on the floor behind night stand from previous person still there when we left. Second day left for day returned at 3:15 pm house cleaning hadn't arrived yet. Had to call housekeeping to clean room. Maybe they need a door tag for housekeeping service. Lots of noise kids running the floors and no one cares. Sunday went to managers reception at 5:30pm no one came. At 6pm I asked the front desk and was told it was at the other end, not where the sign said it was. Suggested they move the sign. Went to bar on the other end lady said I'm the first to show up. Told her maybe if they moved the sign to the proper local they would get more people. Then about 7:15 pm I went back and sign still wasn't changed. Last morning noticed a plate by the toast had dry caked food from a previous day . I had changed a previous reservation at the Cliff House for this very disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank colorado6
Michelle A, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Colorado6, I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. I would like to have our Operations Manager contact you. Would you be willing to provide me your contact details to mapricio@embassysuitescoloradosprings.com? We are very interested in making this right for you. Kindly, Michelle Apricio

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Although the description of the room I wanted was not completely as described (not as clear a mountain view as I was made to believe), the room was clean and comfortable. With a friendly staff to greet you and the amenities that come with the stay, I was happy I chose the Embassy Suites. My average 'Service' rating is related to the lost & found customer service. Although I recovered the item I left behind, the process included a very slow response time including making several calls on my part before I received help. Can't be too upset. It was my fault in the 1st place. Easiest way to avoid this: Don't forget your stuff!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick M

Dear Rick M,
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel. I apologize that there was a delay in getting back with you regarding the lost and found item, I will be sure to review this with our staff so that we may responded faster in the future. Respectfully, Michelle Apricio

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very friendly, accommodating staff. I've never met a better staff. They were helpful, smiling, and kind. The hotel itself does need a remodel, but, is clean, and looks nice overall. The lobby area is beautiful and the indoor pool is well taken care of. Of course, the breakfast is fantastic and it's nice to have the extra space in the room itself. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Christy H, Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon! Michelle Apricio

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great hotel nice stay, but seems to be in need of updates to be equal to the quality of other Embassy Suites. Food quality was wonderful and the children enjoyed the pool. When we needed to change rooms because we were joined by our family pet hotel staff was very helpful in making accomidations available.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Joseph D, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and happy that the staff made the extra effort in accommodating your family pet. We do have plans in the works to make updates to the property and expect to be implementing these plans over the next year. Thank you for your feedback, Michelle Apricio

Reviewed February 22, 2014

First of all I am a Hilton Diamond member and Marriott Platinum...so I have seen a lot of hotels. This property looked nice at first with a nice lobby area and somewhat vibrant. On a second thought..it needs an update badly. In our room the toilet flush AND sink drainage wasn't working. Bedding was ridiculous ( too soft and somewhat not clean ) . Room had a worn out smell to it...;luckily the windows could be opened..restaurant / bar was inexpensive ...but atmosphere was bowling area level at best..

Decided to keep the clothes on at night ...but was about to leave for a different place...for 100 bucks I would expect something better in Colorado Springs...

1  Thank Mike B

Dear Mike B,
Thank you for your feedback, and I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. Out hotel is a little older and we do face some challenges. Over the next year we are re-investing money across the hotel to improve on our appearances and functionality. We also strive to maintain a clean environment and a friendly atmosphere. I am interested to discuss in further detail if you would like and can be reached at 719-599-9100. Respectfully, Michelle Apricio