“Nice hotel, good value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs
Ranked #17 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently spent four nights near Labor Day Weekend in connection with the Air Force Academy's parents weekend. This hotel is holding up fairly well. It's clean, the staff is friendly and accommodating. The managers reception is okay...the nibblers need an upgrade...chips and fried pita chips are a bit old. Perhaps some veggies would help...however, the bar is friendly and you can get all sorts of drinks and cocktails during the reception. The morning breakfast is pretty good. Take advantage of the fresh omeletes....definately the best part of the breakfast. The beds are comfortable and two tv's in each room are adequate. Minuses include the fitness room which is a C- at best. The equipment works, but it's a small room with minimal equip.
The location is very good, particularly if you're involved with a USAFA event. Free parking. Overall, a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for a northwest side room. Room 343 is bigger and affords more privacy than most.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay! I glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The front desk staff was very pleasant upon our arrival and made sure to mention breakfast hours and managers special hours.
The room, however, was way below par from any Embassy Suites I've ever stayed at. I'm a loyal Hilton honors member and travel often. There was a distinct and very unpleasant odor immediately noticeable when I entered the room. I went so far as to buy febreeze to see if it the room had just been closed up too long. No such luck. I found out that there are certain rooms they allow smoking in yet they think cigarette smoke doesn't travel through the air and ventilation to other "non-smoking" rooms. It permeated the curtains, old and dingy bedspread and bedding. I even had a flea crawl on me when I dared to sit in the chair in the living area. Do NOT stay at this hotel. I don't care if it's free for you, even so you paid too much!

1  Thank MissTraveler42

I am very sorry to read of your experience at our hotel. By brand policy we must offer 5% of our suites as smoking suites. We are in the process of moving these suites to our top floor to reduce or eliminate the possible impact on nearby suites. We are also in the process of installing equipment in the suites in which smoking is allowed which will either eliminate or greatly reduce the impact of smoking in the suites themselves. Again I apologize for the condition you found.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Embassy Suites experience is pretty much as you would expect. There really were no surprises. Overall, the quality is above average for the business traveler or the casual vacationer with a family. The breakfast is best when you wait for the "eggs made to order" at the grill rather than settling for the buffet. The king bed in the master bedroom was excellent while the pull-out sofa in the living room was less than adequate for two teens. Free parking was a plus while $7.95 per day for wireless internet wasn't bad until I found out that that fee applies to each device, so for a family with 2 adults and 2 teens who all have laptops it costs $32 per day for everyone to have access. That's obviously not acceptable, and the front desk really didn't care in the least. Still, I give it 4 out of 5 overall...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I appreciate both your time in reviewing our hotel as well as the favorable comments. I do apologize for the misunderstanding regarding high speed internet. My staff should have adjusted your account based upon the multiple devices being used in your suite. We should not have charged you more than the $7.95 for the suite per day rather than per device per day. Unfortunately our system does not recognize this, however when notifying the Front Desk they should have made the adjustment. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

The embassy suites in colo. springs was a decent place to stay. The hotel is nice with a lot of greenery, and chairs to sit in while enjoying the happy hour.
The room was spacious enough for two adults and two teens. The beds could be upgraded, I did not find them at all comfortable. The bath was a bit small, but decent. The pool and spa were nice. The workout room was nice as well
The location was central to all the places we visited. I would stay here again. But I hope they improve the beds.

• Stayed: August 2012
Bob D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I glad you had a nice stay and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

As all Embassy Suites the hotel rooms are large and comfortable. The breakfast and happy hour are a pleasant way to start or end your day.
This particular Embassy Suites needs a visit from their corporate office.
The front desk staff was average at best. You could tell their hearts weren't in it.
Overall the place is not messy but the air filter above the hot tub has stuff falling out of it and can't have been cleaned since Obama took office.
We will probably look for some place different next time we come to town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review based upon your recent stay with us. As we speak my staff is addressing the vent in the hot tub area you mention. This situation is obviously unacceptable and was magnified by the smoke and ash in the air during the recent and near by fire in late June and early July. We changed all filters and vents when we got back in the building but obviously missed this one. I apologize for this. I also want you to know that we have made changes at our Front Desk which occured after your departure to address the situation you describe. Again I apologize for the situations you describe and hope that if your travels return you to Colorado Springs we will have the chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a great place and well worth the money if you can land the GOV rate. Came here for a month stay working at Fort Carson and couldnt have picked a better place. Right next to Hooters and other places to eat. Easy drive into work every morning. The only draw back was they didnt serve breakfast till 6:30. Even at 6:30 they didnt have it ready and had to stand there sometimes till 6:40 for the guy to be ready to cook eggs. Other then that it was very nice!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your very kind comments. While I appreciate you letting me know about the delay in getting breakfast open on time, I also apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. I wiill insure that does not occur in the future. Thank you again and we hope to see you back when your travels return you to Colorado Springs!

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I love staying at Embassy Suites with the large rooms and the nice atmosphere. The only thing I wish the hotel would do is serve breakfast starting at 6 instead of 6:30. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Bob D, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your comments!