“Basic, quiet hotel, residential setting.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Downtown

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #87 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Gallup, New Mexico
“Basic, quiet hotel, residential setting.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed there over Memorial Day for one night on May 24th. The photo doesn't show that it is surrounded by houses. No resturants nearby. The carpet was very stained to our room and old. The motel is old. We thought the walls needed to be cleaned and the hairdryer only worked for a short time. Slim pickings on the continental breakfast. The room smelled musty and you could really pick up on it after being outside. We won't stay there again as we will find hotels on Academy or Garden of the Gods. We will pay for a new better place.

Room Tip: The place is quiet but old and not what is advertised.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well this place is definitely retro, but its also very cheap, has free parking and is close to downtown. However, the internet situation is unclear, whether it works or not, I'll never know, but I was only there for one night. For a night, passing through, having a meeting at the University the next day, it was sufficient. We are a young couple living on a budget, so our other option was camping in the cold rain....it was good enough for the price. The room itself was not very memorable but I did get some sleep and that was what it was all about.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was very surprised when I read some of the reviews about this hotel. I have been here for a few days now while waiting for an apartment and I have never had better service anywhere. The first time I stepped through the door I was greeted with a smile and careful consideration to make sure I had the accommodations I needed. When I need something or have a problem, there is someone there immediately - always with a smile and a solution! The other thing I would like to address - This is a small hotel in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs. It is very close to the stores and businesses and Colorado College. It does not have rooms with panoramic views and the rooms do face the parking lot but the rooms are pretty and clean and you don't have to walk down corridors and hallways and 3 or 4 flights of stairs to get you and your luggage to your car! I love the convenience and the people here are wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent location, very close to Colorado College and "downtown" Colorado Springs.

First, the rooms do not open into internal hallways. The room doors open to the exterior of the building. Just be aware of that from a security perspective. In addition, the rooms all face the parking lot, increasing the potential for noise. There always seemed to be people standing around in the parking lot or sitting in their cars.

The room itself was clean, and the front desk staff was very cooperative and helpful in getting the internet to work.

You can skip the "breakfast included." A machine that emits an orange liquid juice substitute for orange juice, dry donuts, mediocre coffee. Better to pack in something the night before.

But affordable it was.

Room Tip: Second-floor room seemed to be more secure. Can see what's going on in the parking lot before y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

i was in colorado springs on a expo event tour.Being new to the area i was looking for great food and something to do with colleagues i had no luck until i stop by the front desk for so help .in which i found thanks to a frontdesk attendant named Dee she told me about some great resturants in town and some great landmarks in the area which i can say help greatly..She was very sincere in all efforts to find something that fit my needs it realy made my stay better.

Room Tip: Just ask front desk they are honest people
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bishop l
Copperas Cove
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Where to begin? Number one, this place should recieve zero stars. After driving for 13 hours, my friend and I go to check into this place and it took almost an hour for the girl at the desk to key the card for the door. I had reserved a smoking room over 2 weeks in advance and they gave me a non-smoking room. After complaining, they told me to just smoke in the room. We got in the room and realized we had entered hell. The room was beyond dirty. This place was just nasty. They had several things plugged into a power strip that the face plate for the wall was off. The toilet ran all the time. The chain on the door was broke. There are evidently guests that live there full time, and hang out watching the guests coming and going. We did not feel safe leaving ANYTHING in the room and took everything with us when we'd go somewhere. The parking is a joke. Even with a small car, is was a pain. Oh yes, every time we left the room and tried to get back in, the key card wouldn't work and it would take forever for them to re-key it. Needless to say, I would NEVER stay here again and wouldn't want my worst enemy staying here!! I stayed here July 2011...

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Farmer City, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Usually choice hotels have standards that ensure you get what you expect from choice hotels. Clean, safe, reliable. this hotel is in a nice neighborhood but is not adding to it. Cramp and old is how I would describe this hotel. I saw substandard wiring in room. AC worked but rattled as did the bathroom fan. Continental breakfast was a donut and weak coffee. I used reward points for this stay but it was no reward.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Clarion Hotel and Conference Cen...
#54 of 107 in Colorado Springs
Comfort Suites Colorado Springs
Comfort Suites Colorado Springs
#56 of 107 in Colorado Springs
3.5 of 5 stars 189 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!