“Clean, large room”

Ranked #84 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Chicago
“Clean, large room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed for one night for around $66. Checked in late. The front desk clerk wasn't outwardly friendly, so my first impression wasn't all that positive. The non-smoking room (2 queen beds) and bathroom were relatively large and clean. Good wifi (Free) connection and tv quality.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Willmar, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Room smelled very bad. Stated non-smoking but smelt smoke residue and a lot of funk! Very musty. Upon check in I was given a nightly rate, however that only applied for that night and my rate increased by $20 and I was not notified. When I confronted them of the bill at checkout they said they had to talk with the manager and she would call me - no one ever called and I was not credited the difference. There are many more options for the additional $20 that are much better. Now I know better and will never stay at this place again. I will visit Colorado Springs again next summer as my son is in the military and I got some good referrals on better places to stay.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here bad neighborhood unsafe
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is a very disappointing motel. It is 2 short blocks from Colorado College so seemed a good try--- even with low expectations- for the parents weekend. The rooms are dirty, worn, dim, smell horrible, have loud ac units (I opted for stuffiness) no internet and a broken TV remote. I checked out early and went to another hotel. This place is a great opportunity for Econo Lodge or a better chain to redo and provide a clean simple place close to the CC campus.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

Nice little hotel, with a great location in downtown Colorado Springs. The bed sheets were clean and the bathroom was spotless shiny with a nice bathtub. The hotel had multiple free Wifi connections available with an awesome speed. The staff was extra friendly and very helpful. I checked in late and 10min after I got into the room, the front desk called to ask if everything was ok and if I needed anything.
The room was a bit "old" but as long as it's clean, I don't really care. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I can't comment on that.
Clean, great service, great location and a tiny price that includes cable TV, Internet access, a fridge, a bathtub and a microwave: I didn't need anything else!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank HToTheA
Marina, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

I've stayed here twice now because it's an exceptionally well-located motel for a cheap price. The first time I stayed (about two years ago), I got a room about two doors down from the office. The wifi was reliable, good cable TV selection, the room was clean and the bed was nice. I had issues with the number of plugs in the room, but that's typical with older properties. Breakfast was nothing spectacular, but I didn't expect much. It's also served in the office, which is about the size of a regular household bathroom, so it's not really easy to get anything when someone else is in there.
I came back recently and was given a room at the back, and it was very different. First, the place just seemed off. There was a creepy maintenance guy hanging around who kept saying "Have a good stay" and stuff. It seems nice, and maybe I'm paranoid, but I made sure to clean out the car that night. There was also a family possibly living in one of the rooms who would come out sometimes and fight. We weren't close to them, so it wasn't a big deal for us, but I felt bad for whoever was next to them.
The room was pretty nasty. The smell was the big problem. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a smoke smell, but it would have been covered by the much stronger smell of mold. The room was very musty, and running the a/c for the rest of the stay didn't help at all. The bed was pretty awful. I was anticipating bed bugs and checked for signs of them, but found nothing, although the mattress was really, really uncomfortable. We were at a $25/night Motel 6 a couple of nights before this, and this mattress was a little worse. Not only that, but there was no fitted sheet on the mattress, just two regular sheets. A bit weird. On this stay, I had considered booking it for two nights, but, after an hour or so in that room, I'm glad that I hadn't done so.
The real kicker was that my companion happened to look behind the fridge and saw an empty box of condoms on the ground. Nice. I didn't bother to look around in too many other places in the room to see what other little treasures there were. On the other hand, that fridge and microwave were nice to have. That was one of the big pluses from both of my stays here.
But, again, based on the fairly opposite experiences I had in my two separate stays, I wouldn't necessarily write this hotel off. I'll likely be back when I'm in the Springs again, but I'll request a room closer to the office, maybe on the second floor. I would suggest the same for others.
It's kind of a shame that this place hasn't been remodeled more. It gets a good crowd of tourists, and has that awesome location, so it could be a really great place if a little money was put into fixing it up a bit. But, then again, that would jack up the price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank colinaz
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

We came by bus and easily reached the Econolodge. At no point did we need a car.
We saved money by not driving and by staying together in one room. The motel was clean and located in a delightful part of Colorado Springs.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Lann7
Stanley, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

This hotel is very close to the college area but the room was very clean, more spacious than expected, and I was very happy to have stayed there. Great value! There was even a fridge in the room which I didn't expect.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family