Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods
Ranked #79 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed October 22, 2008

The most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. The pictures on this site look good, but the reality is different. A run down, filthy dive. The only access is from a really busy freeway and is suitable for hell drivers only. If you want a meal in the night, forget it, the nearest decent restaurant is a suicide trip across a 4 lane highway. Avoid at all cost !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear guest,

First I would like to apologize for your experience here at Days Inn. We hope you come back soon to see the changes we have made and to right the wrong, giving you a better experience in the end. We ask you call ahead of time so we can make sure all accommedations are ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700

Changes we have made include new carpet, new paint, new bedding and furnature, wi-fi throughout the hotel and tile flooring throughout the hotel.

Reviewed August 19, 2008

This place looked nothing like the pictures!! Even though the front desk lady was nice, she was eating with five other people which took up the entire small entrance office space. After getting to this place at 10:30pm no one expects to walk in their room and find a dirty wash cloth hanging from the shower rod and another dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Just makes me wonder if they bothered to change the sheets! I walked right out of there and went next door to the Motel 8, which is in renovation but 100 times better then this run down very dirty, disgusting Days Inn. I was very disappointed, I have always had good luck with Days Inn everywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2008

This place was OK. Our room was clean and the mattress was firm. We didn't use the pool so I'm unsure of its condition. The "complimentary breakfast" was sorely lacking, that is they were out of rolls, bagels, and buns by 8:30 and the staff just blindly watched as the people stared at the empty trays. We ended up having to go out to eat.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed August 18, 2008

I have never reviewed a hotel before and we have traveled quite a bit, but I had to write and warn people NOT to stay at this dump. When my husband and I checked in a little early, we had to wait a few minutes for the room to be ready, which was to be expected. When we opened the door and walked in with our luggage, it reaked of bad BO! It was awful. As I stood there waiting for him to come back, I saw that the curtain was ripped at the bottom, there were marks and fingerprints on the TV, the floor hadn't been vacuumed and the worst part was there was a yellow puddle of water next to the toilet! I didn't want to stay there at all, but my husband went right to the manager who gave us another room. That room was better, but still not the cleanest. There are signs all over the hotel showing there are 3 laundry rooms - one on each floor, but the only one that they had was all the way on the third floor. The interior carpet was dirty and extremely worn out. The exterior was in bad need of repair also. I would NEVER tell anyone to stay at this hotel. They need new management here in order to stay in business.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 12, 2008

The room at the Days Inn- Colorado Springs off Garden of the Gods was comparable in price to other hotels located in the area. When we arrived the room was ice cold and the heater was off, as we found out after we turned it on it was broken, and only put out ice cold air. When we asked if there was another room they said that was the only one available, and we were unable to get a refund. We did the best to make do by piling on some extra clothes to stay warm. The next morning we received a call from the front desk at 9 am to remind us our check out was at 11:00 and to not be a minute late or we would be charged. Since the rest of our stay was so sub par we thought we would at least go enjoy their continental breakfast. While we were sitting in the lobby eating we overheard the employee at the front desk and the manager talking. He was talking about how the maid/housekeeper needs to make sure she doesn't mess up. The housekeeper/maid was a Hispanic woman and he kept saying how she was walking a thin line and he could have her deported back to Mexico if he didn't like the way she was performing her job. I felt this conversation was very inappropriate and definitely should not have been discussed in front of hotel guests. Anyway, if you are looking for a cheap place to stay and don't mind poor service, and rude employees this place may be okay. I am not a very picky person when I stay in hotels but this was just too many things wrong with this one.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashchica13

Reviewed September 30, 2006

This place was disgusting. Old, rundown, smelly, and noisy. The mexican restaurant next door had great food, but that was the only plus about our stay here. Grimy is the appropriate description of the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Hastings, Nebraska
Reviewed July 12, 2004

This place was dirty and disgusting. There were food and worms floating in the pool and garbage beside the pool. The exterior doors don't work right and had to walk all the way around the dirty looking Mexican food place next door and the motel to get to where we enter. The room itself was none too clean. Out of the 3 places we stayed on this trip, this place was THE WORST!!!! Glad our stay was only a day here.

• Stayed: June 2004