“Out in less than 8 hours!”

Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods
Ranked #78 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked this hotel through a travel site. When we first arrived there were signs posted to please exscuse the mess they were remodeling. Once we were given our room keys we walked forever (no directions to find our room were given and it is a failry sprawling place) and found that the room that had been given to us was filthy. Sheets were on the floor, towels on the bathroom floor, pillows flung about the room. Obvoiusly they had given us a room that had not yet been cleaned...mind you this was at midnight we were checking in!!!! So, we walk back to the front desk and get "upgraded" to a suite. The bedding felt sticky, the hallways and insides of the room were very dingy. I know that you get what you pay for but at the price we were paying we could have stayed somewhere cheaper and most likely gotten a cleaner room. I would not stay here at all!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear guest,
I apologize for the poor experience you had while at our establishment. It is our hope you come back and see the changes we have made, but also to give a chance to right the wrong and give you a better experience. We have made many changes since your stay to include new carpet and paint, wi-fi and tile flooring throughout the entire hotel, as well as new furnature and bedding in many of the rooms.

Again, I apologize for the poor experience you had.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Let me start by stating that I was looking for value for the dollar only. Past reviewers might want to consider that you get what you pay for. I pulled in to their parking lot right near the front desk and was greeted promptly when I entered. The young woman behind the front desk was pleasent and helpful. They had my reservation, I picked up my key, and I drove a short distance to my room. It was dark and all of the outside lights were working. I entered the building and walked down a well lit hall. I entered my room with the key-card with no problems. Once inside the lights were turned on, they all worked, and I saw a QS bed, a ~28" TV, a desk, and a small frig. The furnishings and curtains were dated, but the room and bathroom were clean. I turned down the bed and the sheets were soft and clean. When I awoke, I found hot & cold running water and clean towels & wash cloths. I am a non-smoker and detected no smells in my room, but might have picked up a trace in the hall when I came in and left. Check-out was easy and I had coffee & a few mini-muffins before I left. I didn't leave until ~9:30 AM and the Continental Breakfast offerings were a little picked over (note to management). While I was sitting there, I noticed that the seating area and check-in areas were clean, but again very dated. It looked as though they were in the process of doing some updating and I would suggest they continue with this plan. Finally, I would note that their WiFi connection was solid as I did some Skyping that evening. What more can one ask for at ~$45 for the night? Overall, I would stay there again if I were traveling in that area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert H

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind words and supprt of our establishment. It pleases me to know you enjoyed yourself during your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are planning to stay with us again so we can make sure to have your accomedations ready for your arrival. (719) 598-1700.

Again, thank you so much for your kind words.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Honestly, I do not like to write bad reviews, but this hotel was really poor property. We were traveling in Colorado, just got to Colorado Springs at night, was looking for hotel and got it .... very bad choice. We were tired after flight and seeing few places, so was not looking for anything else (one night only). However, we DO NOT RECOMMEND this place. Dirty rooms, toilet/restroom. Very bad customer service, poor continental breakfast. There is plenty other spots, so go there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel S
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for your recent stay here at the Days Inn. It is our hope that you will give us a chance to right the wrong and give you a better experience. If you choose to do so, please call ahead so we may have accommedations ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700.

Sicelry

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have to admit that I was skeptical of staying here after all the reviews. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room we had was old, but clean enough. Bed sheets smelled fresh and clean. Towels and shower clean. That's all I look for in a cheap hotel when I'm simply stopping for a night. The carpets were old, hard to tell hiw clean, so i wore Sandals the entite time. Would I stay for a longer time? Probably not. But for what I needed, perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words and support of our establishment. It is our hope you come stay with us again and see the changes we have made to include; new carpet, new paint, new bedding and furnature as well as wi-fi and tile flooring throughout the hotel. Please call ahead so accommodations are ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700

Again, thank you for your kinds words

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel was not only dirty, it was filthy and shabby, though the room was somewhat clean the office area behind the check-in counter, hallways, laundry and storage rooms were extremely dirty and filled with trash and had a terrible odor. The hall carpet was also extremely dirty and worn out and was taped together in places. When the desk clerk finally acknowledged we were wanting to check in she gave us a key to the room; when we opened the door to the room it was still filled with suitcases and had clothes all over the room and it appeared there were people in the bed. The desk clerk made no apology for the error; this made us wonder if someone else might be given a key to our room. The hallways had no air conditioning so the staff left outside doors open allowing vermin to enter; it was also impossible to lock the outside security door. The shower only trickled warm water; there was a coffee pot and coffee in the room, but no coffee cups. I have stayed in many Days Inns over the years and was always impressed with the staff and accommodations; I am sorry this location will make me pause before making reservations at another Days Inn. I would have checked out immediately if we had another option.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for your experience here at the Days Inn. Situations such as yours never happen and the issue has been dealt with. I do apologize for this. Here are some of the changes we have made since your stay; new carpet, new paint, new bedding and furnature, as well as wi-fi and tile flooring throughout the hotel. It it our hope you give us another chance to right the wrong and give you a better experience. Please call ahead of time so we can make sure all accommedations are ready for your arrival 719)598-1700.

Again, I do apologize for your poor experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Everything was dirty inside and out. We only stayed one night and would have left but had been on the road all day and we were tired. The management's excuse was that they were in the process of renovation. Well there we no signs of it except for the headboards stacked next to the office. The family was eating a meal in the area meant for breakfast and the food smells were extreme. I could go on but I want to forget about this place.

Room Tip: Not possible for this property.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for your recent stay at our establishment. Yes the property is undergoing renovations, and we have posted signs in the main office as well as on the numerous websites informing people, as well as making progress everyday. It is our hope you give us another chance and see the changes we have made. If you decide to give us another chance please give us a call at 719)598-1700.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I'll start with the good. The staff was great. The front desk lady was awesome, and super helpful. I was planning to write a highly positive review, until I got to my room.

Though the rooms are laid out nice, an the rates are very reasonable... This hotel is in desperate need of complete renovation. The rooms clearly have not been updated since the late 80's or early 90's, and I found a worn out chair, gross bed comforter, and a stained bathroom to be my day's home.

I think the hotel has new ownership, and did see some construction going on by the lobby. So, hopefully, they'll get the problems fixed. If they renovated this hot, it could be the best Days Inn I have ever stayed at.

Never been to garden of the gods... And never plan to go.... there's only One God. But I know He's happy with the staff at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the staff here at the Days Inn- Garden of the Gods. They work very hard to make sure needs are met during your stay with us.
As for the renovations, they are still underway and progress is being made everyday. It is our hope you come back and see the changes we have made. When you decide to come back, please give us a call so we can have everything set up for you. 719)598-1700.