“I laughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants!!!”

Howard Johnson Colorado Springs
Ranked #85 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
KS
“I laughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

I went with a group of students, we were adivsed before our trip to pack swim attire. When we pulled into the Howard Johnson and saw the "swimming pool" I laughed so hard I about pee'd my pants. Infact our group was laughing so hard that we got a few looks from other guests. It really was hard not to keep it all in though. The safety preserver hanging up, and the max occupancy sign of 8 yes EIGHT said it all. I should post the photos I took sometime soon they are priceless. Over all our stay was great, the staff was very patient with our group of 30-35 students. Kudos to them for putting up with all of us so well.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Colorado
Reviewed March 10, 2008

The staff was not very friendly or attentive. The room smelt and looked very dusty. Wont ever stay again

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank Jennafer719

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2007

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I chose this place mainly because it advertised an outdoor heated swimming pool. The pool was too small to actually swim, if it had been open.We killed 3 roaches in our room. I found the staff to be unfriendly. Overall an unpleasant place

• Liked — High Speed internet
  • Disliked — Room dirty roaches
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LouiseKTexas
hojocsprings, General Manager at Howard Johnson Colorado Springs, responded to this review, January 30, 2008
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred during your stay. It is our duty to provide our guests with the utmost quality and accommodations that can be found in the Colorado Springs area. This matter was never brought to my attention or the situation would have been resolved at the property and not online. Once again we apologize for any inconvienences.
Colorado
Reviewed December 28, 2006

I know there are two in Colorado Springs, and we were pleased we picked the one near the Air Force Academy. Wow. It seems as if there are new owners that took over this year, Jan 2006. Great staff, great location, great customer service. The rooms are very clean and redone to great standards. We were welcomes by smiling faces and a General Manager that greated us upon our entry. very pleased with our stay and will definately stay again and tell all our friends about it! Thanks Hojo!

• Liked — Access to everything, Shopping, Resturaunts, mountains....
  • Disliked — Maybe a full resturaunt on site?
  • Tips/Secrets — Plan ahead.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tt2024
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2006

The room was dusty and dirty. There was stuff on the cieling and the bathroom was poorly remodeled. After viewing the room we cancelled our four nights reservation and went out to the car to start calling other hotel chains.

Stayed July 2006