This is an older place in fair condition. The big gal working at the desk was helpful, but I wish she didn't have to start getting my information before I even walked across the lobby. Rooms are entered from outdoors, which I like. It was a very basic room. Old tube tv with not very many channels (4 HBOs, but no PBS). WiFi worked okay and needed no password. Bed was rather stiff and sheets were clean, but pretty scratchy.
Word of warning: Read the sign-in page carefully. You are signing an agreement that you will pay $5.00 if you don't return the key, and $2.00 will be added to your credit card unless you insist that you DIDN'T use the safe! Who uses the safe at a $30 hotel room anyways? If I'm paying $30 bucks for a room, its pretty clear I don't have anything worth stealing!
Place will do if you are on a budget, but don't expect much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located off of I-25 N. We are a 5 minute drive from the United States Air force Academy. Enjoy Colorado Spring's many scenic areas such as Cheyenne Mountain State Park. We offer free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms. Coin laundry available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Motel 6 Colorado Springs, CO - Air Force Academy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel Colorado Springs
- Howard Johnson Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Howard Johnson