“If you want The Ritz go stay at The Ritz” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Howard Johnson Colorado Springs
Ranked #82 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Aurora, Colorado
“If you want The Ritz go stay at The Ritz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Here in town for the AirForce v Navy game at the AFA. Booked a non smoking king room for $45. Yes..the rooms are outdated..yes..there is some wear and tear of the furniture and bathroom. I did not experience any rudeness from the front desk manager, Katie. The lobby is very cozy with a fire place and seating. The locstion of this place is prime. Chapel Hills Mall is right across the street. PLENTY of restaurants and about .5 mile from the south gates of the AFA. If you pay $45/night for a room then you will get a $45 room for the night. Some people are too hard to please so if you need a place to sleep and wash up this is the place. Oh..and the area of town is just as safe as any other large city.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice clean rooms, value for money, Breakfast is minimal (though I saw the same menu: bread/butter/bagels/coffee in similarly priced other places). Hotel staff was courteous. Location is excellent, reasonably close to Pike's Peak, Garden of gods.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ALBUQUERQUE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

good value. Shower drain stopper was broken and sitting in the edge of the tub, which is pretty minor, but should be fixed. I'll stay there again, definitely

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We enjoy this hotel and have stayed there almost everytime we are in the area. The location is great, close to shopping and restraunts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Michelle R
Glendale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Location was great. Staff was good. "Hearing impaired" guests in room nextdoor were abysmal. Late night shouting & profanity with loud TV! Screaming woman outside in the wee hours was disturbing on night one. Night 2 neighbors were still playing TV too loud until around 1 a.m. Very unhelpful when I had to get an early start on the road. 3 long dark hairs (not mine) on shower walls remained throughout my stay. Towels were changed despite my hanging them up to re-use. Appreciated the booking discount & fridge in the room. Convenient location for dining out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

AURORA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked our hotel room online from Priceline. I checked all the other hotels and thought "Wow" I've got a great deal. We've seen the Howard Johnsons several times as we have stayed at a hotel close to them. From the moment we walked in the door at the HoJo things went downhill. We were about 20 feet from the desk and the woman on duty, says very rudely, "ID and Major Credit Card' I didnt' even have time to set my purse down before she was bellowing this. She never once greeted us after both my husband and I did. She took my card and swiped it and laid a paper in front of me and said sign here, intial here, here and here. Ok, I like to read things and that irritated her to no end. She then slaps two keys on the counter and as I was trying to ask about elevators as I have had several back surgeries, she stated, " you don't need an elevator your room is on the first floow, the back of this building". She started to walk away and I asked her if I could have a receipt and she said "nope", I asked why, she said, " she couldn't give a receipt as she had no idea what we were being charged as we had booked thru Priceline". We were charged that price plus incidentals. I ask what the incidentals were and how much and she ignored me. I said I thougth it was weird a consumer coulnt' have a receipt for their credit card and she again that she had no idea what were were being charged. I beieve as I have ran thousands of CC thru the machine that once you run it a price shows up. She went and sat in her chair. We went to our room as we were tired and decided to check with our bank the next days. My husband and I walked back to the office to buy some water for the night from the vening machine. I noticed the ice machine was beside the vednign machcine. I told my husband we needed to go back and get the ice bucket. As I was recovering from pneumonia and have had five major back surgeries it's difficult for me to do a lot of walking. My husband approached the same woman who was sitting her chair and never once rose to speak to him. He asked her very nicely for an extra ice bucket that we would drop the one from the room off in the am. She "No", No reason was given, she never stood up, just "No", Please what's an ice bucket. At 12:15 am a woman and a man in the parking lot fought verbally and physically for a half an hour using words that most sailors woulnd't use. Screaming at each other outside and the buidling.. Sleep was impossible!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

South Fork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The room was dirty. Toothpaste on the mirror over the sink, and the bathtub was not clean. I'm not sure the sheets had been changed either - they were wrinkled. The blanket on the bed was ragged, and did not look too hygienic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business