“We loved this resort!”

Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I read many reviews before I decided to go ahead and give this resort a chance. I'm not sure where the people who had negative reviews stayed, but I don't think it was the same place that we did. We spent 3 nights at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort - it was my husband and me along with our three children and my mom and dad. We were in town for a family reunion. We found our rooms to be very comfortable and clean. The restaurant and reception area were very open and inviting. The hostess at the restaurant was wonderfully friendly and always seemed happy to see us. The food was delicious and the buffet that was offered for each meal was extensive. The aquatics center was fabulous. The children had a wonderful time and we even came back one day with some of the cousins that were in town as well and we all had a great time. We would definitely stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Dear htkac,

How kind of you to give us the benefit of the doubt when reading all of our reviews on TripAdvisor. Truly there have been times when we missed a step or two, but we try to use those steps as learning tools to create more consistency in every area of the property. Comments like yours lead me to believe that we are making progress.

It would be our pleasure to have you join us the next time you are in town and thank you for introducing us to your cousins - happy we could be your home away from home for a few days.

Will look forward to helping you with your next visit.

Cheyenne Mountain Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed August 10, 2010

The location of the resort is awesome, if you have time you have to eat breakfast on the deck. However, glad we got it through Priceline, I'd have been very disappointed to pay full price, i would not consider this a 4-Star resort.

Dear akbroker,

Glad you found us on Priceline, but I am sorry you did not feel that our rooms were up to your standard. Admittedly they are in need of a facelift, and that will happen with a renovation of beginning in November with all three hundred and sixteen rooms being completely transformed by April 1, 2011. There is a slide show of the new guest rooms and new meeting rooms on our website if you would like to see what has been planned. If you are back in the area next summer, please consider us again, I think you will be pleased with the new room.

Thank you for recommending breakfast on the Mountain View Terrace, I would agree a "must" for anyone who stays with us – no better way to start the day.

Looking forward to serving you again,

Reviewed August 6, 2010

My b/f and I checked in around 4:00 PM on the dat of check in. The person at the counter tells us our room is not yet ready and will look to see if there were any other rooms available. How is a room not ready for check in by 4:00 in the evening? He then finds us a room at the way end of the resort. Our room was not at all nice. The restroom smelled like old wet towels or urine. The view was only so-so. We did not even have a fridge in our room. I thought somewhere on their site it listed fridge as a standard amenity. We felt they stuck us out in the not-so desirable section because we had a gift card that paid for most of the room price and because we did not look ritzy and rich. They probably saved our original room for someone else. The location and appearance of the resort was nice though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Hello Civicgurlo3o3,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I can understand your frustration about your stay as the first impression was not at all good, and I am sorry for that. No excuses for the bathroom not being feeling fresh; that is paramount to anyone's stay.

Please know that we do not "give away" or assign rooms based on a "method of payment." We know that to be successful we must served a wide range of guests and we do our best to accommodate all the requests we receive - everyone is important.

I hope you will consider visiting us again, a bold request given your comments, I know, but I feel that you did not experience Cheyenne Mountain Resort at its best and I promise you that a return visit will have a more favorable outcome. Come April 1, 2011 we will have a fresh new look in all of the guest rooms.

Please contact me at the resort if I may be of any assistance.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed August 5, 2010

We had a 2nd floor room in the Buffalo Creek Lodge. There was a 3/4" gap in the door (you could see daylight!), the toliet was gross dirty and there was mold on the ceiling in the shower!! I called to complain and the gentleman at the front desk said if I wanted to check out and go elsewhere he would understand. I requested a new room and was moved to a clean room. I would not stay at this hotel (resort???) again!!

Dear ColoradoGirl80246,

Seeing your review of our resort, made me realize that I have work to do with different members of our team, to find ways to inspire them to have more pride in their work.. I am very sorry that your room was not cleaned properly and somewhat embarrassed that it was even cleared to be occupied. I am glad that our Front Desk found you a more suitable room, but I apologize again for the inconvenience of moving.

We are at the threshold of starting a complete room renovation and items such as the gap in the door will all be addressed as we are getting all new doors for the guest rooms plus new carpet, drapes, custom furniture, beds, lamps and artwork and new tile flooring in the bathroom. Should you have a change of heart and think you might be enticed to visit us when the new rooms are available please contact me directly at the resort, and I will be happy to help with making your reservation.

Again my apologies, and thank you for writing.

Truly,

Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I were here for a conference and we were very happy with our lodging. The rooms are in pods around the conference facilities. We simply walked across the parking lot to all of our meetings. Some of our meals were in banquet rooms with several hundred people, but some of the meals were at the regular dining room buffet. Everything was very tasty. ( I especially loved the apple-peach cobbler.) Our room was on the 3rd floor and we walked up the steps. It was not a problem except that the altitude was noticeable when we come from 700 ft. elevation. Our room was comfortable. The bed and pillows were comfy as well. The air conditioner kept our room at a level that we liked. It was not noisy at all. We had a private balcony which looked out over the golf course and Cheyenne mountain. It was heavenly especially because it was over 100 degrees at home and the mornings at this resort were in the 60's. The counters in the bathroom were granite and we had all the amenities and counter space that we needed. I hope that our conference is held here again. I loved it!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Good Morning TXFlowerLady,

I was happy to read you enjoyed you conference at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and sharing all that you found to be delightful at the property. I hope that your conference is here again as well, but please do not wait until another conference to return. All of our guest rooms will be completely renovated by spring of 2011, and remember how much you liked getting out of that Texas heat this summer.

We will look forward to serving you again, and please let me know if I may be of any assistance to you.

All the Best,

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was bumped from a downtown hotel that starts with HIL.. at mid-night and ended up here. The rooms are very comfortable and the views are outstanding! The facilities are very nice, breakfast buffet is a great deal, dinner...not so much. Rooms are clean, beds are extra comfy, and the hotel is only ten minutes to downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

Hello hehasawifeyouknow,

First my compliments on one of the most unique user names I have ever seen; I had to read it out loud to make sense of it, and then I just chuckled.

More importantly, thank you for your compliments of Cheyenne Mountain Resort and for posting them on TripAdvisor. I am sorry for the circumstances that led you to us for I know how jarring that news can be at the end of a long day, but I am happy that you were so at home here at the resort. I hope that we have the pleasure of your company in the future. By April 1, 2011 all of our guest rooms will be renovated so it will be like visiting us for the first time. A slide show of the guest room and meeting designs is now posted on our website, so please take a look at our new look.

I hope you will contact me at Cheyenne Mountain Resort if I may be of any assistance to you.

Again my thanks,

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Personally I did not feel the price was worth it. We took advantage of the "Stay 4 days and get 25% off" . The resort is quickly falling victim to urban sprawl that spoils ones scenic view of Cheyenne Mountain, had I known I would have a view of a neighborhood and peoples backyard I would have opted for another less pricier hotel. Upon checking into our room we inspected the room. Bed seemed comfy enough..not the best but...allright. Upon inspecting the bedding we found that one of the beds comforter was stained in blood in at least 3 areas...( we need not look any further) We called the front desk and was assured somone would be there immediately. After waiting 15 minutes we left, presuming they may hae been backed up, only to return 5 hours later to find that the bedding had NOT been changed. We walked over to the main lodge to ask again, the gentelman at the front desk asked us to wait 15 minutes while it gets the attention it deserves, seeing as how the Resort was booked full and we could not be moved to another room. We made our way back to the room after 30 minutes and found the maid and what probably was her supervisor leaving our room. They promptly apologized for the inconvienence. All new bedding was given. Although at initial glance the room looked surface clean....in reality, they need a thorough cleaning as there was major dust between the nightstand and beds seen while it was bright and sunny in the room. The wood trim was dirty in the bathroom and needed to be washed and painted. I did like how the bathroom had a sink basin in the shower/ toilet area as well as outside of it as well...althoughthousekeeping really should make a habit of cleaning the mirror daily; my 9 year old took a shower first and steamed up the mirror to find, "YOU ARE THE NEXT TO DIE! " written on the fogged up mirror...try explaining THAT to a child! Our door did not close all the way, it was secure but during daylight you could see a huge strip of sunlight while closed. The local tv stations did not come in very clearly. Who knows about that, I switched to the Cable Channel instead. My son did use the hotel pool at the main lodge one night. He enjoyed himself as we ordered food from the Will Rogers lounge and ate poolside. The outdoor fireplace and rocking chairs placed around it was just AWESOME. I thought the Hotel pool was much more appealing than the Country Clubs pool across the way. All in all I do hope the staff takes good care of this place during and after the renovation...it has great potential after that.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2010

Mugzilla,

I am not quite sure where to begin, apologies do not seem sufficient. All that you experienced in your guest room are the things that make hoteliers lose sleep at night for it is obvious we missed so many things and then were slow to respond. A double fault of this nature is unacceptable.

I hope that you will contact me at the resort, for I feel that I owe you a personally apology, and I wish to express my gratitude to you for your kindness for seeing the potential of the property when our renovations are completed even after all you encountered. Yours was not the experience it should have been and I am very sorry.

With continued apologies,