I was pleasantly surprised upon arriving at this resort. I found the front desk staff to be pleasant and helpful, with check-in being an effortless event. Without asking, we were provided a map of the grounds and a list of the amenities provided.
Our room, 357, was super clean. No mold or mildew was observed in the bathroom. Our patio had an amazing view of Cheyenne Mountain, the golf course, and the man made lake. We requested the single king bed, and found the sheets to be clean and fresh.
We dined in the Mountain View Restaurant for breakfast on two of our mornings. On both occasions we chose the buffet, which included just about every breakfast option available. Be sure to have an omelet and waffle made fresh for you. The waffle was perfect, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Our only disappointment was in the Will Rogers lounge. In-between our excursions around the resort, we dined twice at this lounge, which boasts a fantastic view of the mountains.
The French fries with the gorgonzola cheese dressing.
The quesidilla with chicken and cheese.
The mountain view burger. For $10.00 I expected a REAL hamburger, and what I received was a pre-formed Sysco pattie that obviously had been frozen since it's inception, who knows when.
The breaded chicken wings. What I received was acceptable as food, however I have NO idea where they were able to find chickens that small. These wings were tiny, even by bar food standards.
Make sure you plan enough time if you decide to eat from the lounge. Myself and my fiance were the only two dining there during "off hours" . From the time we ordered to the time the food arrived seemed like forever.
Everyone at the resort was helpful, and even offered their assistance BEFORE asked for it.
I have photos of the resort and surrounding area posted on Flickr, located here...
Overall, this resort offers a very relaxing, clean, and pleasant place to stay surrounded by incredible beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the shadows of Colorado's Rocky Mountain Front Range lies Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs' premier four season escape. The resort's 316 finely appointed guest rooms and suites featuring comfortable Rocky Mountain-inspired decor are arranged in eight residential lodges across the grounds. A vast array of amenities include an 18-hole championship Pete Dye designed golf course, Spa & Wellness Retreat, five swimming pools, tennis courts, a health and fitness center, aquatics center and a 35-acre recreational lake complete with a beach and boating rentals. Known for its breathtaking mountain views, exceptional accommodations, fine dining, myriad of activities and comprehensive conference facilities, the AAA Four Diamond Cheyenne Mountain Resort offers the ultimate in Colorado vacationing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cheyenne Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheyenne Mountain Hotel Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Resort Colorado Springs Co