My wife and I stayed here on New Years Eve, with some friends. They had a deal posted and we decided to sign up for it, as well as talking some friends in to joining us. We thought it was going to be a great night in what was expected to be a high class hotel. The hotel room was nice, but that was the high point of our New Years experience. The bar, where they were celebrating, was overcrowded so they put make shift tables and chairs throughout the lobby. this lack of preparation was also reflected in the service. I ordered a 20 dollar glass of whiskey, which I had to send back because of stuff floating in the glass. Then at the end of the meal we ordered espressos, after the waitress said they had some. She brought back small cups of cold coffee. When I asked her what she had delivered she actually said "what do you expect, this is a bar?" Well, what I expected was espresso from the restaurant which was still serving. This awkward experience was topped off by the selection of an alternative blues band which was playing in the middle of the hotel. We were so embarrassed we invited out friends back to our hotel room where we offered some champagne we had purchased earlier so we could get away from what turned out to be a disaster of a hotel event. I can guarantee I will never believe what I hear about this hotel being "high class" again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the shadows of Colorado's Rocky Mountain Front Range lies Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs' premier four season escape. The resort's 316 finely appointed guest rooms and suites featuring comfortable Rocky Mountain-inspired decor are arranged in eight residential lodges across the grounds. A vast array of amenities include an 18-hole championship Pete Dye designed golf course, Spa & Wellness Retreat, five swimming pools, tennis courts, a health and fitness center, aquatics center and a 35-acre recreational lake complete with a beach and boating rentals. Known for its breathtaking mountain views, exceptional accommodations, fine dining, myriad of activities and comprehensive conference facilities, the AAA Four Diamond Cheyenne Mountain Resort offers the ultimate in Colorado vacationing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Cheyenne Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheyenne Mountain Hotel Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Resort Colorado Springs Co
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs