Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Colorado Springs South(Colorado Springs)
The Broadmoor(Colorado Springs)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Quality Inn South(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
TravelStar Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)
1,518 results
All reviewsaquatic centerfire pitthe main lodgetennis courtsmain lobbymountain viewfamily vacationpikes peaksmoresamenitiesconferencecoloradobrunchzooclosetgods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2007

The location of the hotel was nice, but they messed up our reservation and it lacked most of the things promised on their webiste. I had a confirmation for a room with a king size bed, but when we got to our room it had two queen size instead. I called the front desk and they said they didn't have any king rooms available. Their website says that every room has a view of the mountains, but our room had a view of the adjacent building. The terry cloth robes that were no where to be found and even though I mentioned this to housekeeping we never got them. The price was too expensive for all the mistakes that were made.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My wife and I staid at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort recently to attend a wedding at the Broadmore. The "lodges" are really three story motels. Our room wasn't terribly clean: the caulking in the tub was yellow. The wall paper was pealing. My biggest complaint was that we could hear the neighbors above us walking in their room, and the price. I've stayed in places with fewer resort amenities for a more reasonale price that were clean.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My Girlfriend and I wanted a getaway weekend from NYC, and we got a relaxing, invigorating trip at a quintessential mountain resort. We saw deer outside the balcony on the first day.

The room was part of a cluster of 3 story condo-style cabins, and as far as I can tell, all the rooms had balconies and spectacular views of Cheyenne Mountain. The room was clean and spacious, had a full set of amenities, and had a separate bar sink and mini-fridge for storing water and midnight snacks. We went swimming every morning at the Olympic-size pool, and used the hot tub. There's a lake with a man-made beach on the property. I would highly recommend this for athletic types who like a little more of the outdoorsy-mountain resort feel.

You must rent a car ($45 for the weekend at Advantage Car Rental) and explore Colorado Springs.

Old Colorado Springs by Manitou has a quaint mining-town main street. The drive to the top of Pike's Peak is breathtaking, literally, from 6,000 ft up to 14,000 ft!
Josh & John's Naturally ice cream on Pike's Ave is great.
Peppertree was in a strange location, and the food was a little uneven . Their special peppertree filet mignon was pretty tasty.
Our favorite was The Summit at Broadmoor, a modern brasserie-style restaurant. The cod special and Strip Steak sauces were fantastic. We had a nightcap by the outside fireplace at the Broadmoor bar. The Broadmoor has an old-world vibe and upscale style.

Colorado Springs is great for hiking, biking, running and spending time in the great outdoors.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank VertigoSeoul
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Just got back from 3 days and 4 nights at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Although it can't compete with its nearby and snotty neighbor, The Broadmoar, this hotel is very nice, comfortable, and worth a visit. Our room had been updated, the check in butler was very informative and helpful, and if you get a room with a view, it is an awesome view! The restaurants and gift shop leave a little to be desired, but the golf, tennis, swimming, lobby bar and overall surroundings are great. One tip: eat dinner at nearby Walters. It is practically walking distance from the hotel and it is fabulous!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank carlawordsmith
Reviewed August 17, 2007

The Cheyenne Mountain Resort is in a lovely location. The view from my window was amazing. I was disappointed that there were no hiking trails. The only place you could walk to was the country club golf course.

The room was just alright although big enough. There is a motel feel mentioned in other reviews, and I would agree with that. I wish there was a flat panel TV and comfier bed.

The food is pretty good at the resort, but the service is slow. The highlight was the healthy Kashi breakfast cereals available to our conference group. That was a nice change of pace.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance of the resort. I liked the Chinese place called Chopsticks. There is also a grocery store nearby where you can stock up on the basics. There is a small fridge in the room but no microwave.

Overall, it was just OK. It was nice to get out of the desert during the summer!

Stayed: August 2007