“The Real Deal”

Boonzaaijers Dutch Bakery
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Being a born European, I always have problems finding a bakery where the sugar quotients
are not over the moon - but not here - it is just right - fresh and just the right hint of sweetness.
Brings me right back to home - and back to this bakery often.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The cookies are the best, lots of variety. Beautiful cakes are out of this world!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Although pricey, they have great tortes and very fresh. I had the Double Belgian Mousse and although I bought it for a weekend dessert cake for visitors, with the plan for desert for two suppers. It was so good the three of us finished it for one desert. My friend, that said that he didn't care for dessert, had three slices!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

All of their pastries are to die for. My favorite is the cheesecake. I ordered one for a baby shower and they even decorated the top. It was a big hit.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Our first taste of this bakery was a cake, the Mocha Java Torte, brought by a family member for the holidays and it was incredible! So for my birthday I decided to see what else this place had to offer and I checked their website, they had a lot to choose from. If you just want a piece of cake, the website lists them under individual pastries but the cakes are actually slices and are priced a little higher in the store but they are so much better than anything you would get in a restaurant.

I selected three of the individual cake slices that were in the display case; double Belgium Mousse, carrot cake and a chocolate cake with cherry filling topped with chocolate bavarian cream, WOW! All three of these cakes were terrific and perfect for two people to share.

You can taste the layers of flavors, soft delicious and moist cake with delicate rich cream frosting. You know it's made with love and care because its just perfectly sweet and not the over-powering sweet, over-priced things you get at the grocery store or restaurants. It is everything cake should be!! If you want that special dessert but can't make it yourself, it's worth every penny!

I can't wait to try the Farmers bread.