“Great Bakery for that Special Occasion”

Boonzaaijers Dutch Bakery
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Although pricey, they have great tortes and very fresh. I had the Double Belgian Mousse and although I bought it for a weekend dessert cake for visitors, with the plan for desert for two suppers. It was so good the three of us finished it for one desert. My friend, that said that he didn't care for dessert, had three slices!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

All of their pastries are to die for. My favorite is the cheesecake. I ordered one for a baby shower and they even decorated the top. It was a big hit.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Our first taste of this bakery was a cake, the Mocha Java Torte, brought by a family member for the holidays and it was incredible! So for my birthday I decided to see what else this place had to offer and I checked their website, they had a lot to choose from. If you just want a piece of cake, the website lists them under individual pastries but the cakes are actually slices and are priced a little higher in the store but they are so much better than anything you would get in a restaurant.

I selected three of the individual cake slices that were in the display case; double Belgium Mousse, carrot cake and a chocolate cake with cherry filling topped with chocolate bavarian cream, WOW! All three of these cakes were terrific and perfect for two people to share.

You can taste the layers of flavors, soft delicious and moist cake with delicate rich cream frosting. You know it's made with love and care because its just perfectly sweet and not the over-powering sweet, over-priced things you get at the grocery store or restaurants. It is everything cake should be!! If you want that special dessert but can't make it yourself, it's worth every penny!

I can't wait to try the Farmers bread.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Boonzaaijers is a little off the beaten path in a strip mall (go figure in COS) in the Mountain Shadows neighborhood. They make exceptional pastries and have good strong coffee. I've had them make 2 cakes for me over the years and both were fantastic. No super surgery sweet frosting with dry cake here folks! My favorite pastry is a twisted cinnamon stick thingy. I don't know the name but they are great! They also make excellent cookies. If you speak Dutch or are from the Netherlands you'll do great here. In addition to the baked goods they also have a little market with imported goodies.
The service is a little brash, but if you've been to the Netherlands you'll quickly recognize they aren't an impolite people just direct. Once you realize this you'll notice the service is actually very attentive and kind.
Stop in just once and you'll be a regular customer!