“Great Place to go after dinner”

Josh & John's Naturally
Ranked #2 of 41 Dessert in Colorado Springs
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had dinner at the Famous Steakhouse; they had good desserts but a bit pricey. We opted to take the short walk to Josh and John's and it definitely was the right choice. The three of us had excellent ice cream (Regular size of two sccops) for the price one of would have paid at The Famous.

Very good selection of homemade ice cream at no too expensive a price. We each wanted different flavors, so we ordered separately. If by chance you have a desire for the same flavor; then sharing a pint comes out as the better deal.

Good ice cream, at a reasonable price and a very friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for Josh & John's Naturally

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I love frozen yogurt and have tried a few places in the area. I find it some of the better frozen yogurt in town, but wish you got more for your money.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stopped in here for after dinner ice cream. Prices were great, and always appreciate kid's servings for $0.93. Ice cream is made in store and was good. Very happy that we stopped in to have a treat.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I can't believe I had not been here before. This was some of the creamiest ice cream I've ever had. I plan to make this a must on return visits! If you are in Colorado Springs for any meal follow it up with Josh & John's it will be well worth it.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Mmmm MMMM I love good ice cream! And yeah, good ice cream is still good ice cream even when the snow is sticking to the ground and your tongue gets stuck to the chips. I have my favorite place in San Francisco and Chicago and I'm thrilled to find such an amazing place right here in downtown Colorado Springs! This place blows Maggie Moo's and Coldstone Creamery right out of the water! I don't know what's in the ice cream or how they make it taste so good, but I really treasure every teeny tiny bite I take. It's as if there's real cream, sugar, vanilla and espresso swirled around and lovingly scooped on a sugar cone. I may be able to pronounce all the ingredients yet!

I usually make a trip downtown on the weekends when I want to treat myself to sausage gravy, green chile sauce and burritos at King's Chef Diner around the corner. Once in awhile I get a second wind stomach wise and there's room for my favorite mint chocolate chip or mocha java jolt. Oh lord, how I love ice cream with chocolate chips inside. Ever since pre-school I've had a love affair with Baskin-Robbins and their amazing little prickly chocolate chips. But it's been 20 years and my taste buds have since gotten a little more refined and this is where Josh & John's come in. The ice cream is a top notch forerunner in my list of favorite ice cream spots and lightyears ahead of Serendipity I, II and III.

AND! AND! They have so many candies, RUBBER DUCKIES, toys, and...STAR WARS backpacks, ornaments, and bobbleheads. I love ice cream, rubber duckies, and Star Wars and usually can't pull myself away from this place without dropping at least $20 on a new random little toy. Who needs a tub filled with teeny tiny rubber ducks? This girl. Why? Because it reminds me of that carnival game where the rubber duckies go round and round a moat and each duck represents a new and awesome stuffed animal you can potentially win. And Star Wars? Who doesn't love Stars Wars? If you point to yourself, you're not American and obviously we'll never be friends. No, I'm kidding. Sort of.

It's important to also note that the staff here are always very accommodating. I get lots of help and suggestions when it comes to their hand dipped chocolates and they also have treats for your puppy friends. When I wanted a specific rubber ducky that wasn't in the giant aluminum tub by the register, the nice lady behind the counter looked for it in the back and brought out all the ones she had in the back. If I worked there, I'd have dumped the whole tub out, taken a photo of me swimming in ducks for Instagram, and sorted through them all for the hell of it.

And they have some great hot chocolate if you're not in the mood for ice cream. This location would be a downtown destination hot spot if they only had seating available. I'd drag my friends to tea time with chocolates and ice cream if only there were some comfy overstuffed couches. Maybe take over the shop next door guys??