“A true experience of travel, hard to match, impossible to forget.”

Old Town Guesthouse B&B
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here in mid-July of 2012, and I was mesmerized by the wonderful experience I had. We were both incredibly sad to check out after two nights of being pampered by the staff and greeted in the mornings by Don's amazing breakfasts. Shirley's time spent entertaining the guests in the common areas in the afternoons is a wonderful compliment to Don's banter and pleasant morning attitude as he describes the finishing touches he put on some amazing piece of food.

In all, I can't recommend this place enough, and it has set very high expectations for future bed and breakfasts I visit in the future. Which, now that I have experienced one, will definitely be a preference over clinical, personality-less hotels.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out their website to make sure you like the decor in a room and book well in adv...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Donald W, Owner at Old Town Guesthouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

We're working our way backwards here with our replies - sorry it's taken so long! I love to cook (I hope it shows in my breakfasts) and love it when folks appreciate the effort and care that goes into a good meal - even the simple ones can be improved.
You marked us off a point on value, we're looking at next summers pricing at this time anyway so maybe there's something we can do to provide an even better experience. Thanks for staying and thanks for the fine review.

There are newer reviews for Old Town Guesthouse B&B

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I were in Denver for a business/anniversary trip We decided to get out of the city and visit Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods. Since we didnt have a room booked, some locals refered us to Old Town Guesthouse. We ended up in the smallest room, the only room left. The room was fine but the owners made up for anything it lacked. They offered us wine and snacks before we headed out and packed us a nice breakfast the next morning since we had an early flight. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Donald W, Owner at Old Town Guesthouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

The Coral Reef room is great for folks who don't spend much time at the inn. Small but comfortable - we think. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and hope that a little extra attention to details will be appreciated. We thrust that when these folks return to the Pikes Peak area they will find one of the fireplace rooms available and entirely suitable to their stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at the Old Town GuestHouse the last two days of our 8 day Colorado vacation. We've stayed at many a B&B and this is now our most favorite one. The hosts, Don and Shirley, were kind, gracious and attentive. Breakfasts were creative and tasty, and the Jasmine room was so clean and delightfully comfortable (no odd noises and effective darkening shades). Robes were provided in the room. A variety of restaurants serving yummy food were within an easy walking distance. It is located conveniently to everything for which you would visit Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs. Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Old Town GuestHouse! Our room was very clean and comfortable. I loved the breakfast, we ate on their porch for two of the days we were there it was so nice.Had a nice view of the Mt. and was in walking distance to shopping and food. I heard from some of the other guest that were there that had been to other B&B that this was one of the Best that they had visited. Word of mouth is everything. So if your looking for a great place to stay in Colorado Springs, Old Town GuestHouse is the place to stay :)

Room Tip: All the Room were nice it just depends what your looking for my Room has a steam shower and we loved...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at this lovely Bed and Breakfast. The African Orchid room was large, tastefully decorated and had an exquisitely comfortable waterbed. It only got better when we looked out the window at Pikes Peak and noticed a hot tub for 2. After a very nice Italian dinner, within walking distance, we enjoyed the hot tub with a bottle of Chardonnay, and watched the moon rise. Our host, Don, served a nice breakfast and recommended sights to visit. Learning my fondness for green tea, he gave me his favorite green tea to sample at home. I recommend highly!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I were visiting our adult daughter in Denver. She wanted to travel with us to Colorado Springs. I was happy to discover that the Old Town GuestHouse had a room that could accommodate three adults, the Indian Paintbrush suite. The bed and breakfast was beautiful. Our suite was clean and luxurious.

We especially loved the company of our hosts, Don and Shirley at the late afternoon social gathering, offering complimentary snacks, beer, wine, or soft drinks plus lively conversation. The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious...perfect before a day of hiking or biking activities in the area. Everything we wanted to do was within a few mile radius of the bed and breakfast. Don and Shirley offered excellent suggestions regarding restaurants and activities and even made dinner reservations for us. Kim was also very helpful.

The view from our patio of Pikes Peak was amazing. We used the patio hot tub after a 20 mile bike ride down the mountain. We did not need to use the in room fireplace, but it was a nice touch. After a three night stay, I really hated leaving the Old Town GuestHouse. I felt that I would truly miss Don and Shirley and their calm, gentle rescue dog, Pache'. I highly recommend the Old Town GuestHouse for anyone visiting the Colorado Springs area. They offer a conference facility, so it would be good for business use, too. Check out the multi-night and other special rates on the website.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We just got back from a stay at the Old Town Guest House. It was lovely! We stayed in the Paintbrush room so that all 3 of us had plenty of room. The room was immaculate and so comfortable! Breakfast was divine and we really enjoyed chatting with the other guests (some of whom were there for their 2nd stay) and Don, the owner, during happy hour. Shirley and Don were very friendly and accommodating. We look forward to going back with my husband (who was traveling and so couldn't join us this time) sometime in the future. Our room was on the 3rd floor, so it was really nice when checking in to learn that there was an elevator. After taking using the elevator to take our luggage to our room, we preferred to use the stairs, though, because they are so quaint and well-adorned.

We booked using our AAA card and when thinking of the charges during the evening I concluded that maybe the AAA discount hadn't been applied. I planned to discuss that with Don and Shirley after breakfast. However, when we received our receipt as we were finishing breakfast, there was cash in the envelop to cover the discount that hadn't been applied. This was before I mentioned it. We highly recommend the Old Town Guest House!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Old Town Guesthouse B&B? Share your experiences!