All reviews hideaway room other guests b bs water pressure in the shower sized bed breakfast was delicious living room daybed
Reviewed August 23, 2008

I recently stayed at the Lennox House while I dropped my daughter off at Colorado College. It's the perfect location for a Colorado College visit, only two blocks from campus. It's a beautiful old, historic neighborhood, which you can't always say for the rest of the Springs. Since her dorm room wasn't ready when she was supposed to move in, it really was the perfect location as we ended up going back and forth between campus many times.

Debbie, the innkeeper, and her family were very friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations and ideas of things to do in the Springs. I didn't find them intrusive at all. It's a B&B you end up in close quarters with your hosts and fellow guests. That is part of the B&B experience.

Food was also great; breakfast was a good mix of carbs, protein and fruit. In addition, my room and bed were extremely comfortable. I'll be back.

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PendOreille
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We booked our reservation two months in advance, which involved selecting an 'open' room' for the dates of our visit according to the Lennox House website, and an e-mail and phone call follow up to make sure that the reservation was set. With e-mail in hand, we travelled all day to arrive in Colorado Springs for the beginning of our vacation. After piling out of the car, we were greeted with the news that there was no record of our reservation and that the house was full. We were told that the room that we had a reservation for had been booked for 'over a year' (then why was it available on the B&B's website just a couple months earlier? and why did we have an e-mail in hand that said the room was available?). As a result, there was no place for us to stay. The innkeeper ended up recommending a chain hotel and sent us packing, back into stop-and-go traffic on I-25 with bad directions to the recommended hotel, which we could not find. Not a great way to start our vacation. Bottom line: don't count on your reservation actually existing after you book it. Choose another B&B in Colorado Springs.

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank SentPacking
CCalumni89, Owner at Lennox House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2011

We sincerely apologize for what is clearly a miscommunication of some sort. Between new booking software and new innkeeping staff, we assure you that your booking, once confirmed, is confirmed in stone!

Reviewed August 28, 2007

I spent 2 nights at the Lennox in May of 2007. Although I have stayed in some nice B&Bs over the years, I really do not like feeling that I am a guest in someone else's home. Unfortunately, this is very much the case at the Lennox. I was not eager to be chatty with the owners or the other guests. I didn't like being asked about my business in town and then was not happy to learn that my responses and personal information had been relayed to another guest. Just not something I am comfortable with. The owners have a busy household, and the house and grounds (apart from my room) were a bit of a mess. Also, the room decor was "busy" and extremely kitschy. The one big upside was the breakfast, which was very good (but, again, a social event).

Date of stay: April 2007
3  Thank LillianV

We are sad to hear that this guest was not happy with their stay and the unique atmosphere of the B&B. As to the condition of the rooms and grounds, we as owners have made personnel changes to ensure that the rooms and grounds always reflect a sparkling clean and tidy environment.

We hope that this guest will try us again!