“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here overnight under their rewards program. The Inn is located near I-25 and is within walking distance of a number of chain restaurants, i.e., Village Inn, Applebees, Arby's, etc. Additionally, by one can receive a 10% discount by presenting your room key at Applebee's and Village Inn. My assigned room was very basic with two very uncomfortable chairs, but the room and bathroom were clean. The free breakfast was standard fare for a Choice Hotel. The lobby and breakfast area were clean and spacious. In the fitness room, the treadmill actually worked. There is also an outside pool, but being November it was closed for the season.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I just want to say that I stayed there for 2 weeks. Andrea and Reggie at the front desk were great.
They made me feel welcome, they were always nice and helpful.
Even the housekeeping staff would ask me if I was enjoying my stay and if there was anything I needed. They always made me feel like they were glad I was there.
Excellent service, great mountain view, (rabbits outside every morning) very accommodating, great location, right off the interstate highway.
Thanks for all.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites for 3 nights. We were given a free up grade in our room. We had only booked a regular room and were given a Suite at no extra charge. Our room was clean and very well cared for while we were there. The free breakfast was wonderful! Not just donuts and coffee, a full breakfast. The grandkids loved being able to make their own pancakes. There were scrambled eggs, sausage patties, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast, bagels, breakfast rolls and toast. Coffee, juices and milk. We will definately be staying there again when we come to the Colorado Springs area!

Room Tip: The hotel is very convienently located right off of I-25.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Steve R, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Your comments are appreciated and make the entire staff at our hotel proud to provide you with a terrific stay. I am glad you found our expanded breakfast items enjoyable. Our suites are great for families like yours to have additional space yet maintaining value. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again real soon.
Westminster, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay here. Nothing to complain about. We got a good value for our dollar. The place was clean and unworn. Loved the fireplace in the breakfast room and the free morning breakfast hit the spot. We would and will visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Following a not-so-great experience with a third-party booked hotel, we were impressed with the friendly staff who greeted us, put us in a clean, comfortable room with a beautiful view of Pike's Peak. Great location. Not a luxury room, but it had everything we needed for a restful, comfortable stay. It was worth even more than we paid!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Steve R, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and clean and our staff responsive to your needs. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Staff was rude over the phone when booking. That should have been my first clue what to expect. When I arrived, I checked in, got my room key, and loaded all of my stuff onto a cart. When I got to the room, it wreaked of cigarette smoke and the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and she said she would meet me and get me into another room. I stopped my kids and our cart full of belongings at the door and went to meet staff for a new room. She went to several dirty rooms before finally finding one that was ready. She made things right by bringing us some snacks for our trouble. She was sincerely apologetic and I appreciated that. The next time she saw me, she asked if things were better. Also appreciated. Then I asked a guy at the desk what time late check out was. He said possibly as late as 4:00, which would have worked well for my schedule as I am here for business. He said the manager would call me. He did not. But I called him and regardless of telling him about my bad experience upon arrival, he was unwilling to extend check out past 1:00. In fact, he said he would charge me a full night if I left at 4:00. The walls are thin and I could hear my neighbor taking his morning dump, the room was not clean by even my kids' standards, the hotel has a foul smell and I would not stay here again. Breakfast was good, if that's all you care about. I would not say that hospitality is their strong point, which is not good since that's what they sell. Award winning hotel? Nowhere near that level. Renovated? Maybe 30 years ago. Stars? 2.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank britbran78
Richard W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for submitting your review. Reviews help assess how our staff is performing and address concerns of our guests.
I aopologize for the situation you encountered on your check-in day. We had an issue with updating rooms in the system that day and unfortunately you ell vicitim to a mistake.
I am glad to see that our staff reacted well and took some extra steps to accommodate you and your family and brought you some items for your inconvenience.
I am also sorry that you felt the offer for a 1PM check-out was not suffient. Our posted check-out time is 11AM,and I did try to offer a time that might help you. Our hotel finds its greatest demand for rooms with 2 queen beds. Extending until 4PM would not allow our housekeeping staff suffient time to clean the room for another guest.
Ownership is renovating this Fall. We hope that we might have a future oppotunity in accommodating you.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here with two young kids, one teenager and my cousin in July (two adults - three kids). My cousin booked this room which I believe was labeled as a suite. What it ended up being was two adjoining rooms! So we had two bathrooms, two full beds and one pull-out couch, divided between two rooms. It was a pleasant surprise to have two bathrooms. I will say it was not a super-clean room and could use some updating - old tile and fixtures. But we paid under $120 in July so being that it was peak vacation season we couldn't complain too much. The outdoor pool was nice for the kids as we had sunny weather. The complimentary breakfast was so-so. I'm a bit of a coffee snob so I had to head out for better coffee elsewhere. If you're trying to save some money this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask about the suite if you need extra space. It's a good deal.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family