“Never again.”

Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Ranked #41 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Staff was rude over the phone when booking. That should have been my first clue what to expect. When I arrived, I checked in, got my room key, and loaded all of my stuff onto a cart. When I got to the room, it wreaked of cigarette smoke and the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and she said she would meet me and get me into another room. I stopped my kids and our cart full of belongings at the door and went to meet staff for a new room. She went to several dirty rooms before finally finding one that was ready. She made things right by bringing us some snacks for our trouble. She was sincerely apologetic and I appreciated that. The next time she saw me, she asked if things were better. Also appreciated. Then I asked a guy at the desk what time late check out was. He said possibly as late as 4:00, which would have worked well for my schedule as I am here for business. He said the manager would call me. He did not. But I called him and regardless of telling him about my bad experience upon arrival, he was unwilling to extend check out past 1:00. In fact, he said he would charge me a full night if I left at 4:00. The walls are thin and I could hear my neighbor taking his morning dump, the room was not clean by even my kids' standards, the hotel has a foul smell and I would not stay here again. Breakfast was good, if that's all you care about. I would not say that hospitality is their strong point, which is not good since that's what they sell. Award winning hotel? Nowhere near that level. Renovated? Maybe 30 years ago. Stars? 2.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank britbran78
Richard W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time for submitting your review. Reviews help assess how our staff is performing and address concerns of our guests.
I aopologize for the situation you encountered on your check-in day. We had an issue with updating rooms in the system that day and unfortunately you ell vicitim to a mistake.
I am glad to see that our staff reacted well and took some extra steps to accommodate you and your family and brought you some items for your inconvenience.
I am also sorry that you felt the offer for a 1PM check-out was not suffient. Our posted check-out time is 11AM,and I did try to offer a time that might help you. Our hotel finds its greatest demand for rooms with 2 queen beds. Extending until 4PM would not allow our housekeeping staff suffient time to clean the room for another guest.
Ownership is renovating this Fall. We hope that we might have a future oppotunity in accommodating you.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here with two young kids, one teenager and my cousin in July (two adults - three kids). My cousin booked this room which I believe was labeled as a suite. What it ended up being was two adjoining rooms! So we had two bathrooms, two full beds and one pull-out couch, divided between two rooms. It was a pleasant surprise to have two bathrooms. I will say it was not a super-clean room and could use some updating - old tile and fixtures. But we paid under $120 in July so being that it was peak vacation season we couldn't complain too much. The outdoor pool was nice for the kids as we had sunny weather. The complimentary breakfast was so-so. I'm a bit of a coffee snob so I had to head out for better coffee elsewhere. If you're trying to save some money this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask about the suite if you need extra space. It's a good deal.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. The hotel is very clean and neat. The rooms are nothing special if you want luxury but were clean and tidy.

The location in proximity to things to do in Colorado Springs is GREAT. The service from the hotel staff is wonderful especially of you get Andrea at the front desk, she is a delight.

The breakfast is a typical continental breakfast but there is a village inn right next door.

The pool was closed which was a disappointment as I was told when I booked it was available..

This is a nice hotel but not the best in the world. For one or two nights it is good.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stopped while driving and saw this location. The young man at the front desk clarified some details for us with our choice hotel points...that the previous hotel totally messed up. He waited until we called the 800 number to get it straight. For such a young man, his friendliness and professionalism was outstanding. The room was just fine...very clean...and a great location. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had been traveling for 14 hours, 2 of them looking for a place to stay. We were discouraged and exhausted by the time the forth hotel told us they had no rooms available. Fortunately, the clerk at this hotel knew that the Quality Inn and Suites had available rooms, because Daniel had called her that afternoon to let her know.

She called him to verify that they still had rooms, and Daniel asked to speak to me. He must have sensed how exhausted we were, because he was very reassuring that he would hold the rooms for us, and made sure I had his name and phone number, in case we had trouble with directions.

We were very grateful that we had a place to stay that night. The rooms were clean and nice, and we had a good breakfast the next morning.

The desk clerk on duty in the morning was very courteous and helpful, and printed out directions for us to get to our next destination.

It’s unusual to find good customer service these days, but this hotel staff is all about customer service.

1  Thank Janetflynch
Richard W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our stafff prides itself on Award Winning service. It is refreshing and assuring to see that our efforts made for an enjoyable experience with you. We hope we become your first choice when travelling back to Colorado Springs.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel and would stay there again. The hotel is in a good location near interstate 25 and it provides a good base to see the attractions in the area. Our GPS gave us a few weird turns once on Garden of the Gods Road but the hotel fronts on the Road so we could see it and disregarded the GPS turns which wanted us to go to the opposite side of the road.

The staff at this hotel were very helpful and friendly. We accidently left a few items of clothing in our room (unusual for us since we always check carefully when we check out) and when we called they had the items and sent them to us via UPS. We paid for the UPS shipping but they did provide for 20% of the shipping cost.

The room was well maintained, clean and comfortable. There are several good restaurants close by with a variety of venues from fast food to more formal. They hotel key gets you a 10% discount at Village Inn or Applebee's. We ate at Applebee's and it was very good.

The provided breakfast was enjoyable. They had an automatic pancake machine that we had not seen before which was a welcome change from waffles. A varied meat plus an egg dish was also provided on different days. It was basically a standard hotel breakfast and it gave us a good start on our days.

We stayed on the fourth floor without a mountain view. It was cloudy and wet when we were there so the view of the interstate was not an issue. Noise was also not an issue for us. The air conditioner worked well and was one of the better air conditioning units we have seen in hotels.

Room Tip: If it is good weather when you are there ask for an upper floor mountain view room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swarthout
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here two nights because it was the same hotel my in laws who were visiting from MN were staying at. The room was old, stained furniture, no water pressure in the bathroom.
We got in late Friday night and when I entered the room and smelled what smelled like cigarette smoke/urine I told myself to just suck it up and stop being so picky. We did not plan to spend much time in the room anyway. By Saturday afternoon the smell got worse. I wondered if an animal had peeded in the room. I couldn't wait to get out of there and back to my clean bathroom where I finally took a shower!!! Don't waste your $$$$$

1  Thank sallyppp
Steve R, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience at our property. Although we are a no smoking facility, some guests choose to smoke in rooms anyway. I wish you had brought this to our attention during your stay. Most of our rooms have been updated with new furnishings the past year, however, there are still a few that have not been completed (and will be done this coming off-season). In the future, please bring a concern to our front desk staff so that we can make your guest experience match your desires.