“Clean, Friendly (mostly), and Quiet”

Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Ranked #43 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Pueblo CO
“Clean, Friendly (mostly), and Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I liked this Quality Inn.

First, appearance: Nice lobby and breakfast area. Standard room decor, which was tasteful.

Cleanliness: very good in bedroom, bathroom, hallways, and breakfast area. No problems noted at all.

Practical: As others have noted, this inn is actually in 3 different buildings around each other. It's a bit more of a hike to the front desk and breakfast area than the usual. Ice and soda machines are located on each floor, which is convenient. And there's an elevator - whew!

Staff: Samantha checked me in, and she was very friendly and helpful. She gave me a complimentary room upgrade, and I liked having the frig and microwave in the deluxe room. There was also a great view of Pikes Peak, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I had read good reviews on the staff, so I was pleased that she more than lived up to them.

On the next shift, however, Erika (?) was abrupt and not very helpful. I had Chinese food being delivered, and she seemed put out by that when I called down to the front desk. (Huh?) Because she hung up on me before I had finished my call, I had to walk from my room on the 3rd floor of the farthest building to the office to pick up my food.

Now, I am extremely sympathetic to the hotel's efforts to keep its guests safe by restricting visitors to the various units. But I was trying to ask (?) Erika if she could direct the delivery person to my building entrance so that I could meet them at the door. But she had hung up on me yet again. Extreme "efficiency" is just rudeness. The manager needs to have a "chat" with her about that. I certainly didn't appreciate it.

I strive to be fair, though, and I won't knock the hotel down on the basis of one foolish employee. If she's there and does the same thing next time, it will be different. But anyway, for this visit, I was favorably impressed overall. The breakfast was above average, with a hot item option (biscuits and gravy) in addition to the usual bagels, toast, waffles, cereal, and fruit. The location is good, the view is very good, and the NICE staff are excellent (as in: Give that girl a raise!).

I hope to see you there! But ask for Samantha, not Erika! I travel extensively and know what type of service I have a right to expect.

Room Tip: There are 3 restaurants/fast-food adjacent to the hotel and more that will deliver. Be careful with...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Exceptional! The service, the room, the view, the value and the staff!!! Particularly Reggie (front desk), Delia (house keeping) and Richard Wahl (general mgr). They were all very attentive and provided excellent, pleasant, personable service! Will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2012
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked this hotel because of it's location to surrounding activities. Very short drive to Old Town and Pikes Peak COG. Staff was a great help and the manager's happy hour was a good way to meet others and get their take on the surrounding activities. The room was very clean and breakfast was the usual hot breakfast for the Choice Hotels, which is one of the reasons we stay at them. The only con was the long walk from the room to the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking ask for room on first floor close to lobby.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dancingdell
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We chose the hotel for the location and price. It's conveniently located close to Highway 25 but without all the noise. The staff at the desk was frieindly. Our room was clean with a view of the mountains. The pool and breakfast areas were a good size for a hotel. We booked the room in advance from Choice Hotels and got a great rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very clean, excellent service, comfortable. We stayed in a Business Class room, which had a great desk space for the laptop. Only disappointment was breakfast, which we thought would have more options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I would love to rate this hotel higher than I have b/c the staff was absolutely great. No problems there. The hotel has a little different setup. The lobby is in a separate building than the rooms. It worked, and had no problems with this. Our first room the locking mechanism didn't work, and our second room was placed near an entrance which kind of made things a little noisier than normal, however, it is what it is. The WiFi in the room was pretty much non-existant, but they did have a computer in the lobby which worked sufficiently. The pool area is outside, and had a lot of potential but was filthy, even my kids wouldn't swim in it.

The location was perfect with easy access to the Garden of the Gods, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travlex
, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am glad to hear you had a good experience with our staff during your stay. I am sorry that you found our pool problematic. During the wildfires in late June and early July, it was very difficult to maintain the pool area due to ash dropping into the pool area. We are happy to report that the wildfires are no longer an issue here in Colorado Springs and the pool is back to being pristine clean.
Steve Rauch, Owner
Muskogee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

My daughters and I had planned a few days in Colorado Springs and to stay at Quality Inns and Suites Garden of the Gods. We checked in on June 26,2012. The most beautiful and comfortable suite in which we have ever stayed! However we were able to stay only a few hours before the smoke from the wildfires became to much for one of my kids and we were forced to check out.Sad to leave such a nice room but happy to be away from the fires.We had a pre-booked room and were charged for that night even though we did not stay. The Manager Richard Walls took it upon himself to credit my account. THAT TO ME IS OVER AND ABOVE FOR A MOTEL. I highly recommend your stay. Dr. Woods

Room Tip: We loved the suite by the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family