I liked this Quality Inn.
First, appearance: Nice lobby and breakfast area. Standard room decor, which was tasteful.
Cleanliness: very good in bedroom, bathroom, hallways, and breakfast area. No problems noted at all.
Practical: As others have noted, this inn is actually in 3 different buildings around each other. It's a bit more of a hike to the front desk and breakfast area than the usual. Ice and soda machines are located on each floor, which is convenient. And there's an elevator - whew!
Staff: Samantha checked me in, and she was very friendly and helpful. She gave me a complimentary room upgrade, and I liked having the frig and microwave in the deluxe room. There was also a great view of Pikes Peak, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I had read good reviews on the staff, so I was pleased that she more than lived up to them.
On the next shift, however, Erika (?) was abrupt and not very helpful. I had Chinese food being delivered, and she seemed put out by that when I called down to the front desk. (Huh?) Because she hung up on me before I had finished my call, I had to walk from my room on the 3rd floor of the farthest building to the office to pick up my food.
Now, I am extremely sympathetic to the hotel's efforts to keep its guests safe by restricting visitors to the various units. But I was trying to ask (?) Erika if she could direct the delivery person to my building entrance so that I could meet them at the door. But she had hung up on me yet again. Extreme "efficiency" is just rudeness. The manager needs to have a "chat" with her about that. I certainly didn't appreciate it.
I strive to be fair, though, and I won't knock the hotel down on the basis of one foolish employee. If she's there and does the same thing next time, it will be different. But anyway, for this visit, I was favorably impressed overall. The breakfast was above average, with a hot item option (biscuits and gravy) in addition to the usual bagels, toast, waffles, cereal, and fruit. The location is good, the view is very good, and the NICE staff are excellent (as in: Give that girl a raise!).
I hope to see you there! But ask for Samantha, not Erika! I travel extensively and know what type of service I have a right to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn and Suites is a fully renovated hotel with great rates, and exceptional service! It is centrally located in Colorado Springs, with great proximity to all major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Colorado Springs
- Quality Inn And Suites
- Quality Inn Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Quality Inn