“Getting better ...”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We live in the Springs and when we last visited the Saltgrass in 2012, we only gave it three stars. To us, the food and service were not what we expected. We don't know if it was just a bad night or not, but a recent visit was much better.

The decor features western ranch items and several flat screen TVs, which we found distracting. But, it was uphill from there. Our appetizer of crispy thin fried onions were excellent and we liked the chipotle dipping sauce. Be warned, it's a really large serving. Also, their store-made breads were delicious.

Based upon other reviews, we ordered prime rib, which came with a choice of soup, dinner salad, or Caesar salad and two sides. We ordered the mac and cheese and a baked sweet potato. Our server was knowledgable and provided us excellent service.

Our dinner was cooked to perfection, the prime rib was thick, yet tender and delicious. We were too full to try any of the deserts. Some reviewers complain the food is a bit pricey, but we found the quality well worth what we paid.

Much improved over 2012. We'll definitely be trying Saltgrass again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Consistently good restaurant! Good steaks, nice on-premise made bread. Love the french fried onions! Always good service. Was a bit noisy the night we were there but overall always a pleasure to go.

1  Thank LynMP001
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This wasn't my first time at Saltgrass. My parents came to visit and my wife and I were tired of the dinning choices, so we decided to take them to Saltgrass. I have only dined in twice now, but have also ordered some to-go dinners as well. I have never been disappointed! Once again, my steak was perfect. They have an amazing Shinerbock bread that is served with honey butter, delicious! There appetizers always hit home runs as well. This time we had the fried onions, which are the thinnest I have ever had, served with a spicy thousand island type dip. I highly recommend them. Sides are fantastic as well. If you are looking for a good steak, made exactly like you want, than this is the place to go. The only complaint I can come up with is that it was a little noisy on the night we went.

1  Thank Colin P
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I actually signed up on trip adviser just to post how good the Prime Rib is here.

They slow cook it all night long and this place has become my favorite steak house since moving here from Seattle.

From the moment I heard the hostess say " Michael Ansley" I was seated down, order taken, drink served, and then it arrived: The best prime rib on the planet.

My girlfriend loved her Rib Eye too!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food at this restaurant was very good and our only distraction was the lethargic service. We were early birds and only six tables were occupied. We counted eight waitstaff and one "busser". The waitstaff appeared to be preoccupied with side conversations among themselves. We had to flag down a different staff member for drink refills. We will try it again and we hope our most recent visit was an off day. The food was very good.