“Great food!”
Review of The Skirted Heifer

The Skirted Heifer
Ranked #35 of 1,584 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Easily one of the best burgers I have ever had! The cheese is fabulous and I Love that you can customize your toppings! The sweet potato fries are delicious!

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Dear readers, I don't often give excellent reviews, but when I do...

We came here to follow my DDD list. I can see why they came here!This was truly the best burger of my life. For serious.

The bun: garlic focaccia. It was buttery with little slivers of garlic on top. Soft yet warm and toasty.

The burger: I chose the grass fed beef with Cajun seasoning. It was cooked perfectly.

The toppings: smoked bacon, American cheese and house made pickles. I should have put mustard on this too, but I was committed at this point. There are SO MANY toppings to choose from you could do a different burger each day. If I lived there I'd try every combination I could.

The fries: delicious!!! Not too soft, not too hard...perfect. I usually eat my fries first, but again I defer to my above comments about the burger.

Custard: I gave in and tried this too because why the heck not. I was so stuffed I could only eat a few bites, but it was good!

My friend: I'm sure she ate something but I was too wrapped up in my food to notice. Hers must've been good too because she understood the silence required when eating the gloriousness of this meal.

Service/etc: you order at the front counter. The girl that helped us was very nice. Seating is limited, so go early. We were there right at 1130 and sat at the window bar.

Overall: best. Burger. Of. My. Life.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

I can definitely see why Guy Fieri chose this place as a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. The burgers are amazing, the Belgian fries are perfect and the secret sauce is really good. Ketchup is high fructose free which was a nice touch. The drink fountain has some great options that aren't the usuals which was also nice. The staff was super friendly and had good suggestions when ordering. Highly recommend the Pueblo Farmer and add bacon... so good. After dinner grab a custard with chocolate syrup!

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Amazing burgers (skirted is best)and fresh cut fries (both regular and sweet potato). Small amount of seating both inside and outside, but we had no trouble finding a seat for our family of five. Would highly recommend and would go back if visiting the Colorado Springs area.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We stopped for lunch here while in town, after seeing it on diners drive ins and dives. It was super busy! The place is tiny and there was nowhere to set inside or out. We didn't have to wait long for our food and we set at a table across the street in the town square. It was a nice day out. We each had the skirted heifer (big ring of cheese that hangs over around burger) The burgers were really good and and buns too!! We weren't too fond of the fries though. They make their own ketchup and I liked it. The kids didn't. We got free drinks for checking in on Facebook so that was cool. They're very reasonable prices and super friendly staff.