“Great Deal”

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed February 8, 2009

Very nice, new and contemporary place. Staff is top notch and very friendly. The breakfast buffet runs $9, but was comped for me when I booked. It was propably the best buffet in this level hotel I've seen. The restaurant has a full bar and has a dinner menu. Free wireless internet. Only 15-20 TV chanels, but each room has a flat panel HDTV. The location is slightly off the main street, in a more industrial area. The location is very convienent to Peterson AFB and the east side of town. Less than 2 miles to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 29, 2008

This was a nice hotel. The price was reasonable and the hotel is near a lot of good restaurants. There was a plasma screen tv in my room and the AC/heater worked great. The beds weren't as good as the standard beds at Hampton Inns, but the gym was top quality for this type of hotel and the cleanliness at this hotel was top quality. There appeared to be a good restaraunt in the hotel but I never ate there. No free breakfast here though, its $10/person if you'd like to take part in their breakfast spread.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2008

An interesting mixture of issues.

Upside:

The property itself is brand new, well finished and appointed, and quiet. Slept well without any noise from surrounding area or from within the hotel. Beds and the room itself were very comfortable.

Dinner was available (and very good) even though we arrived late and the staff were accommodating and friendly.

Free internet in the room worked perfectly, and kitchen appliances were there for convenience.

Downside:

The airport shuttle, which had to travel about 1 mile to pick us up, took 45 minutes to reach us. On picking us up, the driver said he hadn't been told which terminal we were at. I heard the phone calls being made, and the caller clearly stated where our party was waiting both times.

On checking in, I presented my Hilton HHonors card. The desk clerk had trouble entering the number, then exclaimed that the card had expired. Yes, it had, years ago, but the number, of course, is the same and I never bothered replacing the card in my wallet. It took me a few minutes to realize that he hadn't entered the leading zeros, something that has never been a problem at any other Hilton property.

One other issue is the time at which breakfast is available. These days, it's important to be at the airport a few hours before flight time. Starting breakfast at 7am on weekends is way too late - by that time, I'm usually starting to get hungry again, having had breakfast at 4am so as to be at the airport by 5. The timing is good for the leisure traveler, but not at an airport-related facility likely to have many business travelers coming through.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank TwinComanche
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I booked our stay at this hotel before reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Once I saw the reviews, I almost cancelled the reservation. Now that we have stayed there for two nights, I cannot believe the reviews.

The room was excellent ( bed very comfortable) and the entire hotel facility likewise. The personnel at the front desk were extremely pleasant, professional and accommodating, including good recommendations for restaurants. The Assistant General Manager was also outstanding!

There was plenty of available free parking at all times. The only complaint we would make was regarding poor service in the restaurant, as no effort was made either morning to clear plates from the table. Otherwise, the food was good and included omelettes made to order, waffles, fresh fruit, etc.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bearcat61
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I can not believe this hotel!

During my ONE NIGHT stay (April 22) I was disappointed in more ways than I could have imagined possible.

Nothing met the standards I have come to expect from a Hilton. The breakfast setup was AWFUL, the front desk clerk was completely clueless, no one could answer any of my questions. It seemed as though none of the employees knew how to do their jobs. There were empty beer bottles and drink glasses in the lobby, the floors were not clean and the room was in disarray.

There was even an undershirt in the dresser drawer - a welcoming present, maybe? Because it certainly wasn't mine.

I've stayed at Motel 6's that were better than this. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank companycar
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Very nice new hotel. Excellent in every aspect. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed September 21, 2007

For a Hilton Garden Inn, this falls very short. We were there from September 11, through the 15th. The worst thing about this hotel was that you could not control the temperature in your room. We wanted to turn on the air, but it would not let us set the control below 68. When the air conditioner cooled the room to precisely 68º, the HEAT turned on!!! The bed was supposed to be dually controlled for support, and there was some sort of WOOL pad on the top, right under the sheet. To cover up, you got the choice of a thin sheet or else a thick down filled comforter, which when combined with the wool pad, increased the temperature even more in the room. The window could not be opened more then one inch, and that inch was right under the thick room darkening curtain, which means it did not let any air in the room. We went to the REALLY COLD AIR-CONDITIONED lobby to inquire about helping us with this, and were told that they couldn't turn the rooms below that temp. EVERY day we did not get a complimentary newpaper, and every day we asked about it, only to be told that they were "shorted." They took our room number daily, promising us to have one in our room the next day, and guess what? It didn't happen.

The breakfast was okay, but the server there, a really nice black lady had absolutely no memory. So no matter what you ordered, she promptly forgot it, and asked if she could get us anything about five minutes later. How about what we ordered? All in all, nothing was laid out in a way that was customer friendly. There was no customer sevices book in our room, so we never had a room service menu provided.

The maids there were excellent. I have stayed in Hilton Gardens a lot in the past few years, and we were severely disappointed in this one.

Stayed: September 2007