“Very good hotel in a good location”

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Clean modern hotel with very good rooms. Quiet convenient location with a feeling of openess and a good view of Pikes Peak. Good hot breakfast but easy to eat too much

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Lovely hotel -- wonderful staff -- comfortable rooms -- great breakfast. BUT, our car was broken into, and according to some staff, this is not uncommon. There was no extra lighting, no security cameras, no motion lights -- just signs saying we were parking at our own risk. This is not up to Hilton standards.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank fahcha
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I cannot regale enough compliments about this Hotel and it’s staff
I found the adjustable beds to my liking and aided in a good night’s sleep. The rooms were large, quiet and I have a view of the mountains.
The Breakfast Buffet was overwhelming and excellent. Food quality suburb. The View from the restraint was breathtaking of the surrounding mountains. The cook made our omelets to order. Coffee was hot and plentiful.
The front desk staff called me by name, and ware extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Kassandra always had a smile ready
The breakfast staff were so friendly and helpful. The waitress could not have been better.
This was a totally service oriented hotel.
The only thing that marred our visit was on our last day, the 24th, I suppose it was a supervisor in the Food area came in and seem to throw everyone off. The table where my fellow pastors and I sat heard her call one waitress Dumb and that she did not know her Job. I found that most disheartening. We continued to hear her berate the other waitress, order, demand and never once did she lift a finger to help the staff while the Hotel manager was removing dishes from tables and fetching coffee. We later heard her bellowing from the kitchen in regards to fruit cocktail.
The Hilton has a prestigious name but this employee was anything by Hilton quality and did not ensue the Hilton standards, and lacked the training of a Hilton supervisor.
I would recommend this Hotel to all. Overall, a real treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side to enjoy the view
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GowithGod01
Reviewed March 9, 2011

The hotel itself is a standard Hilton Garden Inn. If you've stayed in one, you've stayed in them all. It's usually one of my go-to choices for business trips because I know what I'm going to get if nothing else.

However, the customer service at the Colorado Springs Airport location sets it apart from the others! Each and every employee is quick to greet you with a smile and chat you up if you if you care to. I received 4 separate phone calls during my two week stay from the manager on duty asking about the quality of my stay.

One morning breakfast was particularly busy and my impatience was apparently beginning to show through. Three separate employees profusely apologized for the delay and I was offered a complimentary drink and movie even after communicating my understanding of the situation and that I was not upset with waiting so long, just that I was in a hurry that morning.

The gym has a little less than many Hilton Garden Inn's . . . a treadmill, an elliptical, a recumbent bike, and dumbbells up to 50lbs. They also offer complimentary use of the Bally's down the street.

And if your bothered by road noise, make sure to get a room on the front side of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2011

This is not the first time I have stayed at this hotel. In fact, because my experiences have always been so positive, I return. Through the years I have stayed at a variety of chains. Without a doubt, this property stands above them because of the cleaniness, friendliness, and commitment of all involved to ensure the customer comes first. The restaurant was exceptional, too. Conveniently located near the airport and downtown Colorado Springs, this is the best place in town to stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Everything at this hotel was grea until breakfast. I ended up paying 12.95 for one bite of a raw omelet that made me sick. The staff did not really care even upon check out. I even left a message for the manager and of course they did not contact me. I did not leave a completely negative rating because upon check in the staff was great, the hotel was new and very clean, even had a fire going in the lobby. The rooms are your simple studio hotel rooms with a small chair, desk, and bed. One piece of advice would be to request a room facing the front of the hotel to get a view of the mountains as it is incredible, I was looking at a parking lot from my room), the greatest thing about the room was the very comfortable bed that was sleep adjustable. Another piece of advice would be to request a room isoloated from others, the walls were so thin I could hear everything on both sides of me which woke me up very early with the sounds of the water pipes from multiple rooms (i am a light sleeper, I would not recommend staying if your a light sleeper). The lounge and dinner were great with wonderful service. I stay in Colorado Springs often for business and this was my first test of this hotel. I will not be going back personally because there are better benefits and room size at closer hotels such as Homewood Suites that has FREE breakfast and meals with coctails in th afternoon and Sprinhill Suites which is newer with very large rooms (all with separate bedrooms). I hope this review helps!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank aufan4ever
pacvictor, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

I can not apology enough about your breakfast experience or the I do not care attitude! This is not our standard we take pride in providing a quality breakfast to all our guests and over all guest experience. My breakfast chef has been here for 3 years and we are so sorry for this short coming and I know how bad he feels. Your breakfast was not charged on your departure and we sincerely care about all our guests - We strive to be the best hotel in the Hilton brand and would love the opportunity to host you on your return trip to this area. I tried to contact you the day you left and today to see what we can do to win you back as one of our repeat guests. Your business is very important to us. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Pat Victor
Hilton Garden Inn - Colorado Springs Airport

Reviewed November 19, 2010

This is a gem of a hotel. Immediately as you walk in you're greeted by the doublesided fireplace. Four big cozy chairs on one side, and on the other side the setting is that of a big inviting living room, with tv over the fireplace and remote control nearby. There is also complimentary coffee and gourmet tea nearby as well. The rooms were more than adequate, nicely furnished with microwave and refrigerator that really came in handy. The room was kept spotlessly clean by the daily maid service as well.

Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. This hotel is just minutes from Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, Pikes Peak Cog Railway and Pikes Peak National Park. Perfect location for discovering the best that Colorado Springs has to offer.

They also have a nice indoor pool and whirlpool,. They were kept immaculate as well.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends