“My new favorite Thai”

Ranked #177 of 1,428 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Thailand’s distinctive cuisine and its profound flavors are expressed in a menu that is complemented with the quality and essence of local ingredients. Our restaurants offer innovative Thai dishes at a great value and in a stylish setting located in one of Colorado Springs most vibrant neighborhoods.
“My new favorite Thai”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We had one of the best Thai dinners here a few days ago! Our experience with the food, service, and price proves that this might be the best value for Thai in the area.

The interior of the restaurant is simple, but clean and airy with its high ceiling and tall windows. The ventilation system must work really well because we did not leave smelling like cooking. They do have a patio off the side of the building. Paved private parking shared with the other mini-mall businesses.

On the counter nearby sat several to-go bags ready for pick-up, and a steady trickle of customers wandered in and paid for the bags at the counter.

The Tom Kha Gai was excellent - probably the best I've had. It was served in a cute but large clay pot with a small ladle, and they brought out little bowls so we could serve it family-style. All the flavor notes were spot-on as it had just the right amount of everything, including the meat, and we would have asked for more if we hadn't been so full. The Pad Se Eew was just as addictive. The wide noodles were cooked perfectly and they were as spicy as I had ordered (hot). I loved that the broccoli hadn't been overcooked; they retained a vibrant green and satisfying crunch that lent variety to the soft noodles and eggs. The weakest dish was probably the Pad Thai - nothing was wrong with it, but I've had better. The texture of the noodles just didn't have that pleasurable chewiness I've become accustomed to, and I felt overall the dish could have used a little more tamarind or lime to give it the delicious sourness I look for in this particular dish. Next time we might try the Drunken Noodles instead.

The staff is welcoming and attentive - they really want you to enjoy yourself. We never had to ask for more water (thank goodness because we needed every drop!), and they were always smiling and courteous. If you're eating in (versus take-out), they will seat you, bring you your bill at the end, and take your payment from your table.

We shall be back!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank aerofaze

“Great meal!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We won a gift certificate for Chaang Thai from a local radio show and really enjoyed the food. We will be going back again!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dana M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST Authentic Thai food!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Visited Chaang Thai last night and I have to share the love that I experienced with this amazing and (probably first) AUTHENTIC Thai restaurant in the Springs. The atmosphere is lovely and their staffs are superrrr niceeee!!! They have lunch special that comes with soup n a little appetizer which I love, crab Rangoon:) no doubt I would go back whenever I can and highly recommended to whoever wants Real and affordable Thai food in the springs!!!

• Visited May 2014