“Very good but not great”

Summit at The Broadmoor
Reserve with OpenTable
Summit at The Broadmoor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,447 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Avenue
Description: A French Bistro, Summit marries French tradition with American originality. Summit's stellar menu of year-round favorites includes House Made Charcuterie, Potato Crusted Swordfish, Wagyu Beef Burger, Moules Mariniere and Hanger Steak. The ever-evolving seasonal selections find strength in a vibrant network of top-shelf vendors that provide the kitchen with the highest quality ingredients and local produce available. An extensive bar highlights local microbrews, cocktails and wines from the finest regions of the world, adding to Summit's unique assortment. Designed by acclaimed architect Adam D. Tihany, Summit's contemporary design is inspired by the grandeur of Pike's Peak and provides a stunning counterpoint to the classic elegance of The Broadmoor. Wood, metal, glass, leather and fabrics are used throughout the dining room to evoke a modern, yet natural feel suited perfectly to Summit's American brasserie menu and eclectic wine and cocktail program. Summit has been named one of America's 10 Best Hotel Restaurants by Frommer's and was previously honored in the Robb Report "Best of the Best", and Esquire's "Best New Restaurants" and "Best New Restaurant Design.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Very good but not great”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

When we called the restaurant we were told that reservations would not be available until 8:45pm, but we could chance it by coming over. We were able to be seated timely, as the hostess rearranged the reserved tables. The waiter was extremely knowledgable and attentive.
Two of us split the equivalent of a fig, goat cheese, and caramelized onion flat bread pizza that could have benefited from a splash of balsamic syrup. The veal shoulder was tasty but I could not detect the lemon confit and oregano as advertised. Unfortunately there were clumps of fat inside the meat. A member of our party was charged extra to substitute spinach for creamy leeks that accompanied her pan roasted halibut. The Maine diver scallops were jumbo sized with only three per serving. The portions are adequate but not large.

The dessert menu was disappointing as there wasn't any cake (other than strawberry marscapone) listed, and it was my birthday. I sampled a taste of caramel tart that another diner ordered, but the cookie crust was dry; and the caramel was skimpy, tasting more like dulce de leche ifrom a jar being rather thick than lucsious . The sorbets were very good - a small scoop of rich chocolate sorbet topped the tart, and another person let me sample the cherry port sorbet that was incredibly flavorful and creamier than most sorbets. I concur with another reviewer who commented that the dessert portions were small for the price.

Plating and presentation are attractive. Noise level does get a bit high when the restaurant is full. Overall it was very good but not as great as I had thought it would be.

• Visited September 2011

Dallas, Texas
“1 Star Food for a 5 Star Price”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Although the menu sounds like a great dining experience, believe me when I say it isn't . Eat off property if you want some value for your money. Food was edible and boring.

Prescott, Arizona, USA
“Great place for family celebration”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My family went here to celebrate a 75th birthday party. We had two small kids and a vegan who were able to be accomodated. Our server was exceptional and made sure that our experience had a perfect flow. The restaurant is beautiful. While the food was delicious and the high quality of the product was obvious, several dishes were underseasoned and undynamic. We also felt the appetizer offerings were limited but the entree offerings were extensive. We would return to this restaurant and recommend it to others.

The Ladera Cab by the bottle and the Domaine du Salvard Sauv Blanc by the glass were AMAZING.

Dallas, Texas
“Very good, not the best”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I had dinner at Summit last Friday night while staying at the Broadmoor. We had a late reservation, as it was almost totally booked when I called that morning. Sat at the bar and had an appetizer per the recommendation of the bartender while we waited. Beer and Cheese Fondue with garlic bread. Fabulous! By the time we finished that, we were seated. For his meal, my husband ordered beef tenderloin, which was served with baby carrots and fingerling potatoes, which he said was very good. I ordered the herb natural chicken, served with mashed potatoes and brown butter spinach. It was good, but not as tasty as I had expected. For dessert, we ordered the recommended mascarpone strawberry cake, which I was a little disappointed in as well. Again, it was just OK, but I expect desserts in a restaurant of this caliber, and for this price ($9.00) to be fantastic! (I am a dessert connoisseur!) It was about a 3" square, which isn't that large, but after a few bites, we both decided it wasn't worth the calories we would be taking in, so we left it unfinished. That doesn't happen very often with me, especially when sharing!
The atmosphere was very nice, the restaurant was refreshing and beautiful, and our server was great. I was also pleasantly surprised at the cost of the entrees. I just wish the food had been a notch better.

Monument, Colorado
“One of the finest dinners ever”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I enjoyed an evening at Summit with my wife and some great friends. The fresh trendy atmosphere is a blend of the warmth of natural wood, comfort of fine fabric and a well presented vibrant green accent. After initially accommodating our request to change tables, from a larger one to a smaller one, so we could enjoy our conversation, the staff took care of our every need. Cocktails and local brews were followed by a quartet of appetizers, entrees and dessert. From lobster mac and cheese, to pan seared halibut, to steamed mussels with a garlic/tomato broth that would make a remarkable soup on its own, and even the parsnip vanilla puree, every element of flavor and texture was perfect. We were all in agreement that this is a restaurant that exceeds the high expectations of even the most particular guest of the Broadmoor. If you are visiting Colorado Springs and need a fine dining experience that will rival most any you have had before, this is it.

• Visited September 2010