“Great Breakfast and spacious rooms”

SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South
Ranked #25 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Hastings, MN
“Great Breakfast and spacious rooms”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My family stayed here three nights while sightseeing around the Colorado Springs area. We chose this location (and all other hotels on our vacation) based on Tripadvisor reviews and this place did not disappoint.

The front desk staff was helpful and courteous and the room was spacious and clean. The queen beds were comfortable and having a sitting room with a couch, chair, and desk made it feel extra roomy. The fridge and microwave were complimented by actual cupboards to store groceries (mostly snacks) while we were there.

The hot breakfast was the highlight of the amenities due to it's quality and consistency. They had eggs in round little patties (like what you see on an Egg McMuffin at McDonalds) that were warm and tasty and they had sausage links that were awesome. They also had a hot waffle iron with a plethora of toppings along with the usual cold cereal choices and toast. The main reason that I liked this breakfast compared to other free breakfasts that we had on our trip was the taste of the eggs and sausage though because they were truly delicious.

The pool area was the weakest part of the hotel as it was small, not too warm, and the hot tub had so much chlorine in it that my eyes hurt the first night that I was in there. My kids did enjoy the pool however so it's hard to complain too much about it.

The property itself was clean and relatively easy to find (near the airport) so overall I was very happy with our decision to stay here. If I travel to Colorado Springs again and will be paying for it myself (i.e., the Broadmoor isn't being paid for by my employer) then I would be happy to stay here again

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Madison, WI
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Though, we checked in very late, we got to our room. And I think my jaw dropped as I walked in. It was a spacious room, and I could tell I was going to get a good night's sleep. The breakfast in the morning was also delicious! And, after we left, I get home and listen to the messages left on the phone, and I get a call from, Brain, saying that they found my camera, which I must have lost. I just want to thank them for mailing it back to me, with no damage! They are a great hotel and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice hotel to stay!

Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights with my husband for a short vacation. The hotel exceeded our expectations for the excellent rate we got.

The hotel was very clean and well maintained. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave, plus a small sitting area with a loveseat and chair which was separate from the bed area.

The breakfast was excellent and well maintained. The only gripe my husband had was that sometimes he had to wait a few minutes for the waffle maker (they only have 1).

The staff was exceptionally nice and anytime I asked for directions, they had pre-printed directions to any place you would want to go.

I will definitely be staying here again the next time I am in Co Springs!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Stayed here for three nights while sightseeing in the Colorado Springs area. We were very pleased with the hotel. Our room was nice, two very comfortable beds and a pull-out couch. Nice breakfast with a variety of hot choices. The only complaint we would have as a family with teens and adults would be that there was only one tv in the suite that had to be angled to be viewed from either the living area or the bed area. Would have like to have a smaller tv in the bedroom area. Definitely not a major problem, though, since we were there to see the awesome sights around Colorado Springs anyway!

Colorado
Reviewed March 25, 2009

This was a last minute Spring Break trip with my two teenaged sons. I didn't have alot of time to spend looking for rooms on line; I booked this one based on the reputation of it being a Marriott property and also the fact that a "2 Queen Suite" was available at a very reasonable price. The room was perfect for what we needed: 3 beds, a mini fridge and microwave, wireless internet and enough room for 3. The only real disappointments were the VERY small size of the pool and the exercise room. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank KathyInColorado10
Little Rock, AK
Reviewed December 18, 2008

The front desk staff (Rebecca and Chris in particular) were friendly, polite and very helpful. Their professionalism was evident as they exhibited a warm welcome. The breakfast was perfect. There was a variety of choices readily available. The breakfast staff was helpful and supportive. The area was very clean and well maintained. I drink coffee all day long so I especially enjoyed the availability of coffee in the lobby area.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
SF Bay Area
Reviewed August 25, 2008

This hotel was excellent. Clean rooms, lots of space, the pool was heated, Breakfast had lots of items and well presented. Airport was nearby but we did not hear planes. The only drawback is its a bit far from decent places to eat.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — a bit far from decent places to eat
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)