“Excellent hotel, great value, fantastic staff, quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #47 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado
“Excellent hotel, great value, fantastic staff, quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travel to Colorado Springs for work often and have been searching for that hotel that I want to come back to many times near my office. This one is definitely on my list. The room is very quiet - in the room I hear very little noise. I can tell there are people in the neighboring rooms from the hallway, but not in the room. The hotel is well maintained and clean. The breakfast is basic - only complaint is I count on the oatmeal in the morning and there have been multiple issues with it not being available or ready. The hotel accepts pets, which I think is really nice - and I have never seen or heard any negative evidence of such. The fitness center has a treadmill, stationary bike, and ellipse with one common tv - and a set of free weights with a bench. There is a small indoor pool and a hot tub. The rooms have kitchens with pots, pans, etc., The room is well laid out, although the tv is on a dresser at an odd angle to watching from the bed - not a huge deal, but noticeable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank coquelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

KUDOS to all the staff at TownePlace on Newport Road!! Like other travelers' comments, don't usually write reviews, but this staff at this facility deserve to be recognized! Front desk staff were all VERY friendly, and amazing in their knowledge of the area, whether for dining, shopping, or tourism sites. The cleaning staff obviously take pride in their work. One important thing that struck me was a nice clean/fresh smell every time we walked into the facility, not the typical 'hotel' smell...that immediately made me feel this was going to be a good place. We were a family of 6, had a corner 2 bedroom king/queen/sleeper sofa suite...not at all cramped...Very Clean!!!..and kept that way by an obviously very efficient cleaning staff....and friendly too. A request for additional towels for our larger group was met with a big smile and "of course, will that be enough" response. The small pool completely satisfied the young children, a workout room very nicely accommodated the adults. The complimentary breakfast was abundant...waffles, hot oatmeal, cold cereal, yogurt, bagels & English muffins for toasting, cold hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, milk...plus more....more than enough for anyone needing substance for the day ahead. 4 miles from the airport but no airplane noise. Rooms were quiet, mattresses very comfortable (very important after a hard day of being a tourist), a very clean in-house laundry facility too. Very positive experience!

Room Tip: Higher floors might have less traffic noise if you're on the 'mountain view' side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank justme0067
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were driving from Boulder to the Sand Dunes and decided to spend a day/night in Colorado Springs. When we arrived to check-in, Bryce (not sure of the spelling, apologies) greeted us at the front desk and was extremely helpful. When we arrived at our room, everything was very clean. About five minutes after we got up there, he even called up to ask how we liked our room!

We swam in the pool that night and it was very relaxing. Even better, we did a fun little geocache literally feet from our hotel! The TV was great, we just watched a quick show and went to bed. I showered in the morning, great water pressure which is always appreciated. We used the fridge to keep some drinks cold and filled up our cooler with ice. I also used the computer in the lobby to print out our camping reservations and that was easy as pie.

You can make your own waffles at breakfast, get yogurt, standard cereal and fruit. Nothing overly fancy, but it gets the job done. An added bonus for travelers is that it's close to the airport if you're flying in. Didn't matter for us as we drove. I had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely stay again!! Bryce rocks :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Heather C
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but I was a little skeptical about this hotel based on what I had seen online. It looked like the nicest hotel for my corporate rate so I touch a chance and I am glad that I did!!! Stayed at this hotel for a month in 2013. The staff is very helpful. The facility is very clean and I have no complaints. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

A friend and I took our 2 young girls and 2 month old to Colorado Springs for a little over night getaway over spring break. And this hotel was perfect for us! I had called the night before our arrival to ask for a crib. The employee who answered the phone was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived, the man who checked us in was very welcoming and friendly and ensured that we knew when breakfast was and even gave us a little breakdown of what to expect. They have a small, but clean and not overly chlorinated indoor pool (the depth got just over 4 ft.), which was open late enough for us to take all the kids to the pool for a swim to ensure they were completely exhausted. We had a 2 bedroom suite. One room had a king and the other had a queen with a small desk in it. Both rooms were spacious and the king room still had plenty of room to more then comfortably fit the crib in it and the beds were comfortable. The furniture is the typical stiff hotel furniture. But the overall room was big and having a full size fridge was a great amenity with needing milk and whatnot for the kids. Our girls were fairly excited about the hotel and weren't by any means quite, but the walls were thick enough where our neighbors weren't disturbed. The inner rooms were quite as well and neither of us was disturbed when children in the opposite room woke up. The breakfast was a bit above your basic continental. The waffle maker was a plus as was the fresh steel cut oatmeal. And the woman who checked us out was very keen on making 100% sure we enjoyed everything and had a good time. A lot of times when we travel with this group people are very standoffish and almost annoyed but the children, but that wasn't the case here at all! The staff was wonderful and friendly and the hotel worked perfectly. If we go back to Colorado Springs for an overnight again we will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: The pool is on the east side of the first floor. If you don't like the traffic or noise from tha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed one night while on business, for an early morning flight out of COS. I don't usually write reviews, but the stay was lovely. I especially wanted to comment on the man at the front desk - Noah. He was very nice and welcoming upon check-in. I did some work from the lobby (I usually end up in bed when I try to work from my room...) and couldn't help but notice what a hard worker he was. He really did everything he could to accomodate guests, even the most difficult ones... You just don't normally find someone with such a great attitude working the front desk of a TownePlace late at night. I didn't know how else to recognize him, so I figured I would just write this review and hope that the right person at Marriott comes across it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recently stayed here on New Year's Eve for a "staycation" in the city and it was wonderful. The property was extremely clean and well-maintained. To top it off, the staff was friendly and very accomodating. I stayed in a suite and I found it to be to my liking. This property is close to the airport so it is great for business travelers and leisure travelers who may need a quick place to stay. Thank you for a great visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple