“Good - but overpriced”

Elephant Bar Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I like coming here because of the animals, which my kids love....but for lunch, it ain't cheap and their are better places to eat. I would still come back for the animals though.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

For years as a couple we have always tried to experience something new on such an important holiday, but choosing the elephant bar restaurant was definitely a huge a mistake. Upon our arrival, the host staff was extremely friendly and honored our request for a couples table located by the elephant/ kitchen area, but as soon as we where seated the atmosphere changed for the worst. Our waiter was somewhat unfriendly and made us feel as if he don't really care about our dinning experience. We started off our dining experience with a appetizer and cocktails.

As our drinks arrived my wives wine glass was dirty and had a red lipstick print on the drinking edge of the wine glass. Immediately, I advised our waiters about the issue as he lifted the wine glass up to inspect it he, surged his shoulders as if he didn't care and walked away with the glass of wine. When he reached the bar, He motioned one of the bartenders over and they looked at the glass together. Than I witnessed something I though I would never see. The bartender took the dirty wine and glass and poured it into another wine glass and handed it back to our waiter. Upon arriving at our table, I asked, did you recycle the wine or is this a fresh glass. Which he replied new fresh glass. (really recycling wine from a dirty glass)

After witnessing this action, I decided to look a little closer at the overall interior of the restaurant. To my surprise, I found the resturant ceiling vents are extremely dirty not only in the serving area, but in the cooking area. In fact I found ceiling damage upon one of the food prep area in the kitchen area. Please see photos under Yelp posting

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Upscale dining at a very affordable price. I had the seared tuna on field greens and seaweed salad. my associate wanted a small steak and a salad it was not on the menu but our server, Kimberly happily accommodated his request. we sat at a table by the bar food was great as was the service. Very nice room, open kitchen. Franchise restaurant but better. would definitely return

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our first two visits to the Elephant Bar were OK. The last three times there have been TERRIBLE! Time to move on and find a decent place to eat.

3rd visit: We called in take-out resulting in two children's burgers that were completely cold and raw in the center; this despite them assuring me on the phone that all children's burgers are cooked to well done. My mongolian beef was rubbery with no flavor.

4th visit: We ate in this time. Though I ordered white rice, my meal came with brown rice. When I informed our waitress she seemed doubtful of the mistake. She then brought out a side of white rice, leaving me to scrape the brown rice off the plate myself. Very odd to me that she would not replete for me in the kitchen. To top it off, the margarita I ordered at the beginning of the meal never came. My wife thought I should ask again for it but I was not enjoying dinner enough to even bother. Then the bill came with a charge for the margarita. When I told her that I never received the margarita she offered to bring it then, as my family was leaving and I was trying to pay the bill. Absolutely absurd service! Then it took 10 minutes for them to fix the bill.

5th and final visit: Take out again. I asked for the fried-rice with my honey shrimp to be made with white rice. The server that took the order over the phone repeated everything perfectly, including "white not brown rice" since I was so explicit on this (considering our last visit). Shocker, my fried rice was made with brown rice! I called to speak with a manager, but was informed by the hostess that my message of dissatisfaction would be passed on. I should have insisted to speak with the manager as I am not sure why the hostess would feel compelled to "tattle" on a waitress. She did offer for me to drive back to fix the issue. I declined. Also, my wife's chicken dish had so much ginger that she threw her dish away as well.

It seems that the Elephant Bar has potential with their menu, but considering the immature servers and pathetic execution, I suggest everyone steer clear and eat somewhere else more worthy of their time and money.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Again the quality of the food was great so you don't mind paying a little more but certaily prices were reasonable. Staff was very good and pleasant and very helpful with food selections.